Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Why the hell is this a thing

Seriously, just remove all warning labels and let the problem solve itself
    Darwin Award?

Comment

With all this s---hole talk, let's talk about an actual city with a live interactive map to track the human feces on the streets: San Francisco.

Map: http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/

Story: https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-01-...e-problem.html
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Jesus Fu**ing Christ. They made her sign a NDA and are using it against her in this.
        No one, ever, is made to sign an NDA. It is entirely a voluntary decision. It comes down to how bad do you want something that is offered in exchange for that NDA. The people receiving the NDA's may be the slime of the earth, but I'm not going to shed any tears for someone who signed one so they could pocket some coin, and now regret it years later because they can't publicly claim to be a victim, too.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

NDA's should be null and void if they are A) Being used to cover up illegal activity, or B) In the case of testimony in a legal proceeding.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            No one, ever, is made to sign an NDA. It is entirely a voluntary decision. It comes down to how bad do you want something that is offered in exchange for that NDA. The people receiving the NDA's may be the slime of the earth, but I'm not going to shed any tears for someone who signed one so they could pocket some coin, and now regret it years later because they can't publicly claim to be a victim, too.
            And then there are the companies that make you sign BEFORE employment.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              NDA's should be null and void if they are A) Being used to cover up illegal activity, or B) In the case of testimony in a legal proceeding.
              If it were during the trial proper, where you're placed under oath, you have a beef. This is sentencing, which is something different.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                First, many of them likely have language that says that if you are required to show up in court and give testimony, you have to notify the other party before you do it so that the other party can go to court and try to prevent it from happening.

The point is, if a person has been molested like these women are claiming they have been, they have some options. They can go to the police. They can hire a lawyer to file a lawsuit. They can have that lawsuit publicly filed. They can hold press conferences. They have numerous opportunities to "out" the molester.

If they have a good case, their lawyer will win it for them, or maybe even achieve a settlement, and there will be nothing to "non-disclose" except for the amount paid.

If a criminal offense has been committed, the prosecutors will prosecute the offender.

But what won't happen in those cases is, a) the victim won't get to get paid and keep his or her identity a secret, and b) they won't get paid the "silence premium."

Candidly, some of these people got paid, or got paid the amount they did, not because of the strength or weakness of the case, but because they chose to approach the offender or offender's employer privately, to lay out the case, and agree to accept a certain sum of money in exchange for the wrong committed against them and in exchange for staying quiet about it.

No one has forced them to do this. They did it willingly. They agreed to get paid extra money. They agreed to not publicly out the molester because it meant money in their pocket. Both parties benefited, and neither has particularly clean hands in the transaction. But it's a matter of contract. You, me and the rest of the public, are on a "need to know" basis with respect to those cases, and to put it bluntly, we don't have a farking need to know.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yeah if only those children had spoken up sooner

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    And then there are the companies that make you sign BEFORE employment.
                    You don’t have to sign.

Comment

You don’t have to sign.
                      At the cost of not being employed there.

Comment

• Nassar: too "mentally taxing" to hear victim statements
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

First, many of them likely have language that says that if you are required to show up in court and give testimony, you have to notify the other party before you do it so that the other party can go to court and try to prevent it from happening.

The point is, if a person has been molested like these women are claiming they have been, they have some options. They can go to the police. They can hire a lawyer to file a lawsuit. They can have that lawsuit publicly filed. They can hold press conferences. They have numerous opportunities to "out" the molester.

If they have a good case, their lawyer will win it for them, or maybe even achieve a settlement, and there will be nothing to "non-disclose" except for the amount paid.

If a criminal offense has been committed, the prosecutors will prosecute the offender.

But what won't happen in those cases is, a) the victim won't get to get paid and keep his or her identity a secret, and b) they won't get paid the "silence premium."

Candidly, some of these people got paid, or got paid the amount they did, not because of the strength or weakness of the case, but because they chose to approach the offender or offender's employer privately, to lay out the case, and agree to accept a certain sum of money in exchange for the wrong committed against them and in exchange for staying quiet about it.

No one has forced them to do this. They did it willingly. They agreed to get paid extra money. They agreed to not publicly out the molester because it meant money in their pocket. Both parties benefited, and neither has particularly clean hands in the transaction. But it's a matter of contract. You, me and the rest of the public, are on a "need to know" basis with respect to those cases, and to put it bluntly, we don't have a farking need to know.
                          Take your whole argument and substitute child molester.

Still think the public does not have a need to know?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And the judge said, "Too bad."
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              And the judge said, "Too bad."
                              https://youtu.be/83qxmqAI768
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Oh heck yes the public has a need to know. Sharp, Nassar, Geddert’s behavior and complicity, USAG, MSU—lots of things broken in USAG to let this happen. Yes national elite camp at the ranch, but also TOPS developmental camps for girls as young as 8! This needs to be fixed so it never happens again. It was announced today that there are no more camps at the remote ranch in Texas, thankfully for kids still on the national team.

Comment

Working...
                                X