X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    That is increasingly untrue with every passing year.
    Interesting.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      More and more ex-Navy, huh?

the state of hockey is good

Comment

True, most pilots I know came through schools like NoDak or even UAA and worked at various airlines working their way up.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          True, most pilots I know came through schools like NoDak or even UAA and worked at various airlines working their way up.
          If you ever bump into one who went to Embry, you won't have to ask - (s)he'll be sure to let you know.

EDIT: NoDak, Bowling Green, and Western Mich all have respected 4-year Aviation Science programs. One of my cousins went through Western's program and is now an airport manager, and another cousin is currently at WMU for aviation as well. A HS friend went through BGSU's program, and is now an A320 FO for United.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-29-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

If you ever bump into one who went to Embry, you won't have to ask - (s)he'll be sure to let you know.

EDIT: NoDak, Bowling Green, and Western Mich all have respected 4-year Aviation Science programs. One of my cousins went through Western's program and is now an airport manager, and another cousin is currently at WMU for aviation as well. A HS friend went through BGSU's program, and is now an A320 FO for United.
            I didn’t include Embry because I didn’t want to give them the satisfaction.

UAA is actually pretty decent for aviation mechanic and ATC. I’ve known more than a few controllers out of UAA.

Now airline mechanics, in my experience they are the real a-holes in aviation. The far-right, Trump voting, selfish ex-AF guys that Kep thinks are pilots are really ACMX guys.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

UAA is actually pretty decent for aviation mechanic and ATC. I’ve known more than a few controllers out of UAA.

Now airline mechanics, in my experience they are the real a-holes in aviation. The far-right, Trump voting, selfish ex-AF guys that Kep thinks are pilots are really ACMX guys.
              Some of the most fun people I work with are former mechanics...but, yeah that's fairly accurate.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I am not surprised at UAA, due to everything HAVING to be flown in.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Some of the most fun people I work with are former mechanics...but, yeah that's fairly accurate.
                  I wouldn’t mind them cooking a BBQ or talking about hockey, beyond that it’s a bit sketchy.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I am not surprised at UAA, due to everything HAVING to be flown in.
                    Air Traffic in Anchorage is nuts. Heavy cargo traffic, moderate commercial, tons of general aviation, plus heavy military traffic (JBER has F-22s) means very busy skies. But everyone I knew who graduated with an ATC degree had to move out of state.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I wouldn’t mind them cooking a BBQ or talking about hockey, beyond that it’s a bit sketchy.
                      Some of the truckers I have had...FlagGuy would be rather comfortable around them. I'll leave it at that.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh, Geraldo...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          You think we can get him back into Capone's vault...and this time lock him in
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

True, most pilots I know came through schools like NoDak...
                            Which is why Kepler's prejudice towards them is still appropriate.

Comment

Its Riddle not Embry
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Sounds like quite a few trips are getting picked up with the OT rate...My guess is the closer to Christmas, the harder it will be to find people to pick it up (I know, going way out on a limb with that one...)
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X