This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Let me guess, you also think the GOP is still the party of civil rights because Lincoln.
    And the Democrats are still the party of segregation because of the Klan, Jim Crow, and slavery.

Stop it! Judge people, not parties. Fortunately, political parties are not brain washing machines, despite what Kepler thinks. They do permit (some) diversity of thought.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Judge people, not parties. Fortunately, political parties are not brain washing machines, despite what Kepler thinks. They do permit (some) diversity of thought.
      And they also have a track record, and your support for them says something about you. You cannot detach yourself from responsibility for the things your party does when you continue to support them afterwards. By voting for them you share responsibility. Actions have consequences and we are accountable for those consequences we voted to bring about.

You vote for the Republican party, so you share responsibility for The Heist. Even if you don't wish to immiserate the middle class and turn this country into (even more of) a plutocratic nightmare, it wasn't a deal breaker for you.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah the Dems were in favor of Jim Crowe laws 60 years ago. The Republicans are in favor of them now.

"Everything is the same there's no difference between good and evil!" - Sicatoka

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          And they also have a track record, and your support for them says something about you. You cannot detach yourself from responsibility for the things your party does when you continue to support them afterwards. By voting for them you share responsibility. Actions have consequences and we are accountable for those consequences we voted to bring about.

You vote for the Republican party, so you share responsibility for The Heist. Even if you don't wish to immiserate the middle class and turn this country into (even more of) a plutocratic nightmare, it wasn't a deal breaker for you.
          You forget that we live in a republic, not a democracy. My vote affects only a small portion of the morass we call a legislature/Congress. 3 people in Congress are responsible to represent my concerns to the Nation. Their names are not Pelosi, Schumer, Ryan or McConnell.

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland - as blue an area as you can find. The last Ds I voted for in an election were Willie Don for governor and Doug Duncan for county executive (they won) because I tbought they did a good job and did not deserve to be replaced. The other times I've voted R and lost handsomely except for Erlich and Hogan in governors.

The idiots in charge of the DC GOP are not my doing.

The election of Messrs. Franken, Conyers, and maybe Moore are not my concern. The voters in their constituencies bear that responsibility.

My affiliation is R. However, I am my own man and not a brainwashed puppet of the national party, just a you are not a robot of yours.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You forget that we live in a republic, not a democracy. My vote affects only a small portion of the morass we call a legislature/Congress. 3 people in Congress are responsible to represent my concerns to the Nation. Their names are not Pelosi, Schumer, Ryan or McConnell.

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland - as blue an area as you can find. The last Ds I voted for in an election were Willie Don for governor and Doug Duncan for county executive (they won) because I tbought they did a good job and did not deserve to be replaced. The other times I've voted R and lost handsomely except for Erlich and Hogan in governors.

The idiots in charge of the DC GOP are not my doing.

The election of Messrs. Franken, Conyers, and maybe Moore are not my concern. The voters in their constituencies bear that responsibility.

My affiliation is R. However, I am my own man and not a brainwashed puppet of the national party, just a you are not a robot of yours.
            How did the candidates you voted for vote on The Heist? That's how you voted on it.

Did you vote for Dump? If so, you own his actions.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              The article is a dumpster fire and didn’t tell us anything other than the fact that nazis exist and eat at Applebee’s. The editors should’ve just killed it.

I guess it’s the one thing I agree with Trump on, NYT is trash.
              Says the guy defending a paper that sympathizes with Nazis, the irony.

Comment

Whether you like it or not, if you DID vote for Ryan as Speaker of the House and McConnell as Senate majority leader. And, especially in states that are solid blue or solid red, how you voted in the primaries says a lot.

Comment

BREAKING: American Airlines says computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation over Christmas week.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    BREAKING: American Airlines says computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation over Christmas week.
                    Awesome. Love computers. Love 'em.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Says the guy defending a paper that sympathizes with Nazis, the irony.
                      Congratulations on the dumbest thing I've read on this site by a liberal in quite some time...
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        It's not "all." Stop reading the Daily Mail.

(No, but seriously, stop. It's a trash fire.)

However, it is enough to cause a shortage which means they'll have to buy them off with bonuses, which is good. Pilots tend to be as-sholes (a bus driver with a diva's sense of entitlement) but they are also treated like sh-t.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Pilots tend to be as-sholes (a bus driver with a diva's sense of entitlement) but they are also treated like sh-t.
                          Not necessarily arseholes, but they tend to be nerds who naturally prefer the company of machines to people. Which is why FAs who fall into the trap of dating them quickly learn many of them are sub-par husband material.

Comment

You guys sound like you don't know too many pilots...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Maybe too many bus drivers?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Private pilots are cool. Commercial pilots tend to be ex-AF and what a former GF of mine charitably described as "a lot of overtime." Meaning high maintenance show ponies with a neurotic need for attention and adoration.

Everybody hates pilots and, well, yeah they deserve it, but they also get shafted by their airlines. Come the revolution the management of Delta and American aren't going to be too far behind Goldman and Comcast in the conga line to the gallows.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X