Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I really think something is not right upstairs with the white woman. Holy sh*. She was having a full on panic attack.

Hear me out....

Her upbringing, or some (God I hate this term) "trigger" happened, and she freaked out. YES, racist in nature (the whatever reason that caused her to freak out). I think she was genuinely scared.

1. No excuse for her behavior, really.
    2. Also no reason to criminalize her IF IF IF it really was a mental thing (she didn't know how to react, whatever).

My thinking? If she was straight up racist, she'd have gotten angry, more confrontational, in-your-face, sorta thing. She didn't, really. Kept retreating, and broke down.

In the end not defending her, but there is maybe more going on than we know. Thoughts?
    "Upbringing" is not a mental issue, Brent.

She is a racist, pure and simple. She called the cops because she needed "protection" and backup. She needed them outta her sight.

Also, since she's a woman, calling the police is her first reaction. If she were a man, then it's much more likely there would've been a confrontation.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

He fixes the cable?

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

She is a racist, pure and simple. She called the cops because she needed "protection" and backup. She needed them outta her sight.

Also, since she's a woman, calling the police is her first reaction. If she were a man, then it's much more likely there would've been a confrontation.
    Agreed. I grew up listening to my maternal grandmother spew some truly vile stuff in regard to race. Didn't make me inherently scared of black people. Honestly, if I had walked by this BBQ, I would have asked for a taste. Of course I am then the jerk.
    the state of hockey is good

Generic Catchy Message
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I really think something is not right upstairs with the white woman. Holy sh*. She was having a full on panic attack.

Hear me out....

Her upbringing, or some (God I hate this term) "trigger" happened, and she freaked out. YES, racist in nature (the whatever reason that caused her to freak out). I think she was genuinely scared.

1. No excuse for her behavior, really.
    2. Also no reason to criminalize her IF IF IF it really was a mental thing (she didn't know how to react, whatever).

My thinking? If she was straight up racist, she'd have gotten angry, more confrontational, in-your-face, sorta thing. She didn't, really. Kept retreating, and broke down.

In the end not defending her, but there is maybe more going on than we know. Thoughts?
    She kept retreating because she was getting called out by another white person. It's fight or flight, and she chose flight. She had been standing there for two hours harassing the black guys just fine. Her "panic attack" and tears were also wonderfully timed to exactly when she got on the phone with 911 and when the police arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I said upbringing OR mental issue. I know one is not the same as the other. But, if one learns racism growing up and there's something else going on upstairs, that mental issue could have a greater affect on the attitudes one has, you know?

Again, this woman is racist, acted very wrongly. I want to make that clear.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    She kept retreating because she was getting called out by another white person. It's fight or flight, and she chose flight. She had been standing there for two hours harassing the black guys just fine. Her "panic attack" and tears were also wonderfully timed to exactly when she got on the phone with 911 and when the police arrived.
    I watched few minutes and then watched the end. What a disgusting pile of trash. Standing and harassing for hours then “why are you following me” and then tears for the white cop

Already insane, UAA making it worse

People of Oakland responded in the best way possible: By throwing a huge cookout.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    People of Oakland responded in the best way possible: By throwing a huge cookout.
    My brother lives in Oakland. I'll have to ask him about this whole thing.

BTW, the city is gentrifying and much more white than it used to be, much like DC (and much to his complaints).
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    My brother lives in Oakland. I'll have to ask him about this whole thing.

BTW, the city is gentrifying and much more white than it used to be, much like DC (and much to his complaints).
    One article I read said it was illegal to have a charcoal fire in the park, apparently kids got burned by someone who left the coals behind still going. So they made it illegal
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Why is it assumed she's racist? I admittedly didn't watch much of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Why is it assumed she's racist? I admittedly didn't watch much of the video.
    Her actions did seem like she is racist. However (IMO) I think there are deeper issues going on, and I'll stand by my opinion that she was genuinely fearful and those weren't crocodile tears.

It's a fair question, for sure.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Veteran

Heroin dealer avoids jail time because judge reasons “he had to support his family”.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_...baf7d3e7d.html

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Heroin dealer avoids jail time because judge reasons “he had to support his family”.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_...baf7d3e7d.html
    mookie wants THAT judge
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    One article I read said it was illegal to have a charcoal fire in the park, apparently kids got burned by someone who left the coals behind still going. So they made it illegal
    California has a lot of fire-related laws and ordinances--might have been that.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    California has a lot of fire-related laws and ordinances--might have been that.
    AZ does too. You tend to when half the year your state is nothing but kindling with a mortgage.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

3 months in jail? This goes further than BK calling the cops. Just sayin'.

Lucia Apologist

It’s because it was a probation violation. You don’t need a conviction to have your probation revoked.

And because he was black, he had the cops called on him.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It’s because it was a probation violation. You don’t need a conviction to have your probation revoked.
    Gotcha. Thank you.

Made in the USA

It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Kichizapi Chetan

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Thread Information