X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I believe this is the story NBC allegedly spiked.
    It's not looking good in retrospect. They also let the Trump p-ssy story get away.

Ronan Farrow is a no-talent as-s with an axe to grind, but still... the story sure does have legs so far.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The usual righty sites are just nonstop with this right now. Nothing like a liberal snatchgrabber to deflect from the failing Snatchgrabber in Chief.

"We've found a witch! May we burn him!?"

Comment

This is not fun to watch.

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/statu...42143069716481

What the hell is wrong with people? I'm just sick watching that.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          This is not fun to watch.

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/statu...42143069716481

What the hell is wrong with people? I'm just sick watching that.
          I have gotten to the point where I pretty much refuse to go to an NFL game anymore because of the "fan experience." And I'm a season ticket holder. I just give them away to employees and customers.

I got talked into going to the MN-Detroit game here a couple of weeks ago. Terrible experience. Two drunk 25 year olds behind me. It was just a good reminder why I don't go.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I have gotten to the point where I pretty much refuse to go to an NFL game anymore because of the "fan experience." And I'm a season ticket holder. I just give them away to employees and customers.

I got talked into going to the MN-Detroit game here a couple of weeks ago. Terrible experience. Two drunk 25 year olds behind me. It was just a good reminder why I don't go.
            I literally want to puke watching someone treat another person like that.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The puncher allegedly got vaxxed on the Tweeter.

Info was posted, dunno if the info is verified.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The NFL in arena experience is awful. On top of the fact that the fans are pretty much scum in the arena the game is flipping boring as heck.

The problem is the fan experience is getting that way with all sports...it takes way more convincing to get me to an arena or stadium than it used to because no matter the team or the game people just sucks.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Football is 10,000 times better on TV. Nothing about the actual experience of going to a game is positive.

Haven't been since 1979. For the first 20 years I couldn't afford it. For the last 20 when I could you couldn't pay me to go.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The NFL in arena experience is awful. On top of the fact that the fans are pretty much scum in the arena the game is flipping boring as heck.

The problem is the fan experience is getting that way with all sports...it takes way more convincing to get me to an arena or stadium than it used to because no matter the team or the game people just sucks.
                    I can't speak for the NBA because I have literally not been to an NBA games since I saw the Wolves play in the Metrodome.

I'm in with a group that has Wild tickets and, knock on wood, that hasn't gotten too bad as of yet. It might just be our section. I guess I'll see Saturday what this year will be like.

Personally I've never really experienced any problems at all at baseball games, even at Yankee Stadium. In fact I thought the Yankees fans I sat next to were probably the nicest sports fans I've ever enjoyed a game with, if you can believe that.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Personally I've never really experienced any problems at all at baseball games, even at Yankee Stadium. In fact I thought the Yankees fans I sat next to were probably the nicest sports fans I've ever enjoyed a game with, if you can believe that.
                      CF bleachers at Fenway are pretty f-cked up. White Worldstar! I've never had any trouble in any other park, and even there you just need to be calm and stick to your guns and the puds wilt. Baseball is a good crowd overall, considering it's a slice of the Common Man.

The only time anybody actually got physically aggressive with me at any sporting event was some moron at Appleton of all places, and I'm pretty sure he was drunk and trying to impress his one eyebrowed Miss Canton GF.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 10-13-2017, 11:05 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I've been to MLS and MLB in Seattle and didn't have a problem at either one.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Wild playoff game 2 years ago...guy was so drunk he was not only harassing people but when security came to get him he fell down the steps about 7 rows. I see stuff like that almost every time I go to one of their games.

The Twins is hit or miss depending on where you sit. It is better than it used to be the Dome out in the bleachers could get pretty dicey.

Of course I dont drink at games because almost all the jacknapes I see that act that way are 5 beers in and feeling no pain.

And I lived in Seattle, their fans are only aggressive if their team is actually any good at anything. And MLS barely counts as a major sport anyways
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Different culture. I went to 40 WHL games a year in Portland for 6 years and never saw a single fight, despite 20% of the crowd being smashed.

Look, the PNW is just better, objectively, on all counts.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Other than the snoring.

Comment

The only fans I've ever consistently been harassed by is UND fans. All opposing fans throw some good-natured stuff, sure. However, UND fans just throw in the barb that is a bit over the line at best. Even the random Packer fans I've come across generally don't get mean with their trash-talk.*

*Note: this doesn't make them less annoying with their cheers for the team/etc. Seriously, I wonder what the world record is for saying "Go Pack Go!" for a game?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X