Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Last week, the state of Michigan approved a permit that would allow Nestle to significantly increase the volume of fresh water it currently pumps with no extra cost.

Four days later and 100 miles away, residents of Flint, Michigan were told they would no longer be receiving free bottled water from the government.

Instead, residents will have to pay some of the steepest tap water prices in the country: around $200 per month for water they aren't even sure is safe to drink.

To put all of this into perspective, Nestle pays around $200 per year to pump almost 100,000 times the amount of water that the average Michigan resident uses.
    https://www.sciencealert.com/flint-m...-gallons-cheap
    A bad cause requires many words.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

I have no idea, but I imagine if the NFL wanted to grow their viewership with women, they would have mor success by dumping the pink charade and started banning people convicted of domestic violence.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I have no idea, but I imagine if the NFL wanted to grow their viewership with women, they would have mor success by dumping the pink charade and started banning people convicted of domestic violence.
    Their pink charade has been getting less and less positive for them in PR terms. Journalists are reporting more and more on what the NFL actually contributes to breast cancer, and it's not flattering to the league.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Point of order: he hasn't been convicted. I agree with you on convictions, but this case hasn't been heard yet.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Point of order: he hasn't been convicted. I agree with you on convictions, but this case hasn't been heard yet.
    So what they can suspend him until his trial. Companies do it all the time.

So what they can suspend him until his trial. Companies do it all the time.
    They can. I am pointing out this is still a country where "innocent until proven guilty." Many times, we have lost that thought. I am also guilty of that. That is all.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

Why do people not understand the difference between court and, you know, everything else?

They can. I am pointing out this is still a country where "innocent until proven guilty." Many times, we have lost that thought. I am also guilty of that. That is all.
    That only matters in a court of law. We don't have to live by that standard and people who use that as a way to backdoor defend jerkoffs need to stop. I can make whatever judgement I like based on whatever evidence I see fit.

And what crime did Colin commit to he blacklisted?

Lucia Apologist

He’s gay.

No wait, he doesn’t fellate Uncle Sam and he’s black. And he scares white hicks. So yeah. I guess he might has well be gay.

I say we stone him.

That only matters in a court of law. We don't have to live by that standard and people who use that as a way to backdoor defend jerkoffs need to stop. I can make whatever judgement I like based on whatever evidence I see fit.

And what crime did Colin commit to he blacklisted?
    I am seeing more and more "S/he's been charged with" and everyone saying "Fire her/him!" Release her/him!" before things are proven. It's a little bothersome. The Colin case is a completely separate issue, dunno what that was even brought up.

Lucia Apologist

When’s the last time we saw one turn out to be a total fabrication? Duke?

He fixes the cable?
    I was sent to the principal's office for sexual harassment in middle school because a girl said that I told her "I have a tromboner."

Wait, that doesn't fit. I did say that.

The Rolling Stone article about the frat rape(s) were after Duke, IIRC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/b...tone-frat.html

Right he already mentioned that...his point is we all talk about that one but where are all the others? We should all assume every woman is lying because one stripper did? Whereas how many times have NFL players actually beat the crap out of their wives and girlfriends where the league hasnt done anything. (or there was a suspension but the players played as soon as they were eligible)

Yes I know it happens and when it does the liar should go down hard but I am not going to give an athlete the benefit of the doubt unless they give me a reason to. I am not a jury I dont have to. I am not an NFL team so I dont have to either. And since the NFL has one of the worst reps right now for about 1000 reasons maybe they should start taking a harder line stance on this crap.
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-14-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Right he already mentioned that...his point is we all talk about that one but where are all the others? We should all assume every woman is lying because one stripper did? Whereas how many times have NFL players actually beat the crap out of their wives and girlfriends where the league hasnt done anything. (or there was a suspension but the players played as soon as they were eligible)

Yes I know it happens and when it does the liar should go down hard but I am not going to give an athlete the benefit of the doubt unless they give me a reason to. I am not a jury I dont have to. I am not an NFL team so I dont have to either. And since the NFL has one of the worst reps right now for about 1000 reasons maybe they should start taking a harder line stance on this crap.
    And I am just saying that because one is accused/charged, don't assume guilt until it is proven. If it's proven? By all means, cut all ties immediately. These days, it's becoming more and more common to punish the individual before that individual is proven to be guilty. That's bothersome to me.

I agree the NFL should be taking a harder stance...for the guilty. The ones in limbo (the charged/accused)? Let it play out, until a verdict is reached. Then act from there.

He’s gay.

No wait, he doesn’t fellate Uncle Sam and he’s black. And he scares white hicks. So yeah. I guess he might has well be gay.

I say we stone him.
    I think the teams are all going to keep being babies and he won’t end up anywhere. But if a team did give him a tryout and its a red state, I’d bet the state gov would rush to pass a law regarding not standing for the anthem. Then they could put the black man in jail.

And I am just saying that because one is accused/charged, don't assume guilt until it is proven. If it's proven? By all means, cut all ties immediately. These days, it's becoming more and more common to punish the individual before that individual is proven to be guilty. That's bothersome to me.

I agree the NFL should be taking a harder stance...for the guilty. The ones in limbo (the charged/accused)? Let it play out, until a verdict is reached. Then act from there.
    Sorry but no. The NFL doesnt have to wait until he is proven guilty teams can suspend players being charged. Teams in every league do it all the time. Businesses do it all the time. As long as they dont cut him/fire him they are well within their rights. Your standard is too ****ed high and is why colleges are being torn apart right now by scandals. You have any idea how hard it is to get a conviction in these cases? Ask a lawyer sometime or better yet, ask a victim. Add in a little bit of celebrity and it gets that much tougher. By your standard Ray Rice never misses a down of football.

You can have your standard and that is cool. Your standard is not what the rest of the country needs to live by and owners of sports teams who pay these guys millions of dollars should be able to hold out players they deem as not following a their code of conduct.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Serious question, if there is video do they need to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Serious question, if there is video do they need to wait?
    Hopefully if there's a video there's a charge.

I'm not wild about taking action against somebody solely on an accusation. Yes, a private entity has that right, but that's not the same as a should.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Made in the USA

Doesn't matter. In the court of public opinion, you're guilty without trial. And if you somehow prove your innocence, you got away with it.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information