This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Yeah but DX's point is nothing can really be done with it that cant be fixed. The things that could come of it (and most likely wont) are just major amounts of identity theft. While that is a hassle that isnt going to cause a run on the banks and it certainly isnt going to cause a 2008 like crash. (unless the thieves use the info to rob the bank)

We dont live in a "cash" world anymore. To get things done you need to have some sort of credit or access to a bank account. While this is going to be a problem millions of people arent going to give up the ease of their banking lives and pull their money. Maybe if the banks were the ones hacked but Equifax? That has nothing to do with anything. I bet half the people dont know what Equifax is (or care) and the ones that do arent going to all of a sudden get rid of their car payments, house payments, credit cards and money market accounts just because they lost faith in 1 of 3 major credit bureaus. Even discounting the fact that doing so would be illogical the truth is people are lazy and they arent going to start hoarding cash in their house in large quantities over this because that takes a lot of effort. They arent going to give up their mobile banking and online billpay for it either. Maybe some farmers who hate banks will use this to reinforce their beliefs but no one living in a city or suburb is going to do anything, because they would have to uproot their entire lifestyle in order to do it.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Exactly. KFC losing the secret recipe isn't going to make people stop eating chicken.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm with dx on this one. Whooptiefreakindoo, so now for about the tenth time my information has been hacked. I'd still put this one well below OPM on my care list. This has virtually no impact on me, OPM makes me more than a little hesitant to travel to some places I'd like to at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Virtually nothing.

I don't think you guys understand the magnitude of what happened in the Great Recession.

The average person doesn't know their credit score from their phone number.
          I agree 100%.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            The biggest info sec and financial scandal of the 2010s is on deck. Continue.
            If you forget to pay your credit card they destroy your life via credit score. If they're completely irresponsible and everyone's info gets hacked well... it happens

Comment

Um...
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Equifax is making people waive the right to sue them before they can see if they were breached. Terms are well buried. Of course repubs will say the consumer financial protection bureau is not needed and a waste so that companies can just keep bending people over.
                I hope equifax rots in hell.
                http://hill.cm/Ly2dKrM

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Equifax is making people waive the right to sue them before they can see if they were breached. Terms are well buried. Of course repubs will say the consumer financial protection bureau is not needed and a waste so that companies can just keep bending people over.
                  Probably be declared too big to fail and given a few billion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    "Send us more info via our website to see if you were hacked." Yeah, that's brilliant.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Probably be declared too big to fail and given a few billion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Are you talking about Equifax or Cromatie's willie?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Um...
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Per ESPN, Joe Paterno was notified of abuse by Sandusky prior to his 2001 meeting with McQueary.

Burn Penn State down.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Per ESPN, Joe Paterno was notified of abuse by Sandusky prior to his 2001 meeting with McQueary.

Burn Penn State down.
                          Of course he knew. His precious legacy and ego were more important than protecting boys though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Burn Penn State down.
                            Penn State will probably put up another statue...

That school should have shut down. After them Baylor should burn!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Good god I was at penn st recruiting last week and it's still one big circle jerk for football and joe. I felt nauseated.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If North Korea wants to point an ICBM at Happy Valley, we'll look the other way.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X