X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
    Parents do not own their children.
    That’s an interesting and, I think, important point.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://www.alderhey.nhs.uk/wp-conten...L-220318-1.pdf

"12. Why won’t you let him to go to Rome for treatment?

Three clinicians from Rome visited Alfie in September 2017, discussed his case with the team here and reviewed his notes. Following their detailed assessment, they agreed with the conclusions of the Alder Hey team that Alfie’s condition was effectively untreatable..

Significantly, they noted that given Alfie’s epilepsy, there was a risk of him suffering further brain injury if he was transfered abroad. They have offered to take him to their hospital but agree there is nothing they can do to help or improve his condition. Further invasive procedures have been suggested but these will not help him recover. Our clinicians are professionally obliged to always consider what is in a patient’s best interest. We do not believe that it is in Alfie’s best interests to go to Rome and be subjected to invasive and procedures when there is no hope of recovery or a cure."
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

**** your facts
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          **** your facts
          Knowledge is power!

If I seem a bit *****ly about this topic, it is because I work in this in both the adult and pediatric worlds and I can tell you the awesome pediatric teams that take care of these kids do not suggest withdrawal of care unless it becomes a clear case of prolonging suffering. I do not have a reason to suspect it is any different in the UK.
          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

That must be one of the toughest conversations to have with a parent. It’s an impossible situation I imagine is the absolute last thing you would consider.

I don’t envy that position.
            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
              Knowledge is power!

If I seem a bit *****ly about this topic, it is because I work in this in both the adult and pediatric worlds and I can tell you the awesome pediatric teams that take care of these kids do not suggest withdrawal of care unless it becomes a clear case of prolonging suffering. I do not have a reason to suspect it is any different in the UK.
              Thank you for saying what I tried to say but better. The parents mean well, e all feel for them. He’s brain dead. Prolonging suffering is miserable and it’s why his uk docs did what they did

Comment

**** your facts
                Facts and logic don't play well with arch-conservatives.

Comment

That must be one of the toughest conversations to have with a parent. It’s an impossible situation I imagine is the absolute last thing you would consider.

I don’t envy that position.

Edit: along the same lines in dealing with pure sh* that life deals you (great movie):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9G9OxHMhI
                  Last edited by The Rube; 04-27-2018, 11:36 PM.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The righties want to use this as Exhibit A against a nationalized healthcare system. That's why you're seeing all this baloney from the usual sites.

They know it's inevitable, and they're just trying to delay it.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

News story?
                        Or paid advertising?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It was a news story. The story itself wasnt the problem the problem was the took the ad in full and put it on the front page along with the story so it became a defacto advertisement. People were not happy.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I wish I could get read that article, but it’s drowned in ads. My god Newsweek has fallen a long way.
                            Code:

Comment

• Alfie Evans is dead.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I wish I could get read that article, but it’s drowned in ads. My god Newsweek has fallen a long way.
                                Huh I saw almost none...must be all the ad blockers I use
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X