• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Haggis
    Yum. Good haggis is awesome.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Yum. Good haggis is awesome.
      I'm guessing like... calamari?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ick
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The British State's attempted murder of a baby boy. The police respond:

@MerseyPolice: We've issued a statement this evening to make people aware that social media posts which are being posted in relation to Alder Hey and the Alfie Evans situation are being monitored and may be acted upon. Read the full statement here: https://goo.gl/hUZ5zB
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            The British State's attempted murder of a baby boy. The police respond:

@MerseyPolice: We've issued a statement this evening to make people aware that social media posts which are being posted in relation to Alder Hey and the Alfie Evans situation are being monitored and may be acted upon. Read the full statement here: https://goo.gl/hUZ5zB
            Way to dramatize it.
            I’ve worked with many nhs doctors. They’re the same as every other doctor. They don’t want to “murder” a child and to call it that is insane

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Way to dramatize it.
              I’ve worked with many nhs doctors. They’re the same as every other doctor. They don’t want to “murder” a child and to call it that is insane
              What do you call it when parents want to fly (their now Italian citizen) child to Italy for treatment but can't because the State refuses to let Alfie leave the country?

What do you call it when the hospital refuses to feed the child, contrary to parents' wishes?

"First do no harm"?????
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

What do you call it when parents want to fly (their now Italian citizen) child to Italy for treatment but can't because the State refuses to let Alfie leave the country?

What do you call it when the hospital refuses to feed the child, contrary to parents' wishes?

"First do no harm"?????
                Judges ruled he can’t fly. Doctors provided their opinion which is he’s not able to be saved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Judges ruled he can’t fly. Doctors provided their opinion which is he’s not able to be saved.
                  Opinion. Since when does an opinion prevent me from trying another alternative?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The following paragraph written by a doctor explains it well :

“In fact – to my enormous pride – the NHS has kept Alfie alive for nearly two years, at no cost to his family, and without any judgments concerning the value of his life. But intensive care is only ever a temporary support for failing organs while a reversible pathology is treated. In Alfie’s case, multiple doctors from multiple countries have all agreed that his illness is irreversible, progressive and terminal. Withdrawal of care is therefore neither killing nor murder, but enables him to die with comfort and dignity.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/26/nhs-palliative-care-alfie-evans-die-with-dignity

It’s a different system. I still prefer theirs. It’s better than prolonging the pain and suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I dunno about the time you started labeling anyone a murderer whose opinion you disagree with

Isnt this God's will? Isnt God the true murderer here?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I dunno about the time you started labeling anyone a murderer whose opinion you disagree with

Isnt this God's will? Isnt God the true murderer here?
                        God's will is natural death when the body, without assistance, ceases to function.

If you fail to provide food and water you are not letting "natural death" take place.

That is the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, which is these days a faith of inconvenient truths.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

God's will is natural death when the body, without assistance, ceases to function.

If you fail to provide food and water you are not letting "natural death" take place.

That is the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, which is these days a faith of inconvenient truths.
                          So people have been using artificial means to stave off a natural death for a long time now, defying God's natural will.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            So people have been using artificial means to stave off a natural death for a long time now, defying God's natural will.
                            SHh. Conservatives only care about it when they can use it to condemn someone else and further their cause

Comment

People like joe forget that "Render unto Caesar" didn't just mean coin.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I can tell from your comments that you know very little about this case and how things work in healthcare, or medical ethics for that matter. This child would have died a natural death ages ago. Do you know anything about providing nutrition to a patient who cannot swallow? Or is on a ventilator? Or how about is unable to absorb food. What about the risks with these procedures? Do you know how long you can safely keep an NG tube in? How about TPN?

Do you have access to his medical records and therefore are somewhat informed of his medical situation?

How many of these situations have you personally been involved in? This week I have been involved in the care on 2 people under the age of 18 after catastrophic neurological injuries and I can tell you, these situations are never taken lightly.

And no, I don't expect you to answer any of these questions because it is much easier being ignorant...calling these people murderers.
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X