Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Why is the fbi placing undercovers in mixed neighborhoods in sc??
    I checked a map, and Hodges, SC isn't exactly a 'neighborhood'. Or even a town. Heck, not sure you could properly call it a village. It's the kind of place in SC that usually has a great hog BBQ joint that people drive 2 hours one-way through the Carolina swamp to eat at, and temporarily double the population. It seems they lost that lottery.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Yep, still here

The Harris Poll®
    ‏Verified account @HarrisPoll

Taco Bell is 'America's favorite Mexican restaurant' according to the 2018 @HarrisPoll EquiTrend Study via @YahooFinance @melodyhahm feat @akanpurwala
    Every word you just said was wrong

Taco Bell is neither Mexican or edible food.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Every word you just said was wrong

Taco Bell is neither Mexican or edible food.
    Correct, and not correct, in that order.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/u...imes&smtyp=cur

At the start of the term at Charlotte Anderson Elementary School in Arlington, Tex., last year, Stacy Bailey, an art teacher, introduced herself to her new fourth grade students with a slide show of her life.

There were photographs of her family, friends and childhood. There was also one of her partner of seven years, Julie Vazquez, who Ms. Bailey explained was her future wife. They were dressed in fish costumes from the film “Finding Nemo.”

That image set off a sequence of reactions from parents and school district officials that Ms. Bailey, 31, says amount to discrimination, according to a lawsuit filed on Tuesday in federal court in Dallas. She says her career was damaged when she was accused of showing inappropriate images to children, put on leave and told she would be transferred.

Ms. Bailey was asked to resign in October but she refused, the lawsuit says.

Some parents and community members have been supportive of the couple, Ms. Vazquez said.

Mr. Smith, the lawyer, said the case highlights a cultural divide in the district, which lies between Dallas and Fort Worth.

“Local leaders tend to be old Mansfield, while the population is tending to be more diverse,” he said.

“She used age-appropriate terms,” he said, describing Ms. Bailey’s classroom presentation. “She never used the term ‘gay’ or ‘lesbian.’ She used the term, ‘this is my future wife.’ She never talked about sex or anything inappropriate.”

Ms. Vazquez said she and Ms. Bailey have been together since 2011 and were married in March.

“The whole situation is just a little mind-boggling,” she said. “The bottom line is that our family has a right to talk about our family just the same as any other family.”
    If she gets a Trump judge she'll lose.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

If she gets 7 of 10 Texas judges, she'll lose.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Why would you even want to teach these morons? At some point we are going to have to cut the cord. Missionaries to barbarians wind up roasted on a spit. She got away lucky.

Leave them behind. We already built our wall -- it's called Academic Admissions Requirements. We have the schools; now take the jobs, the money, and the hottest women. We used to need the cattle for their strong backs but they are obsolete now; robots are more dependable and have less overhead, and they pay for themselves.

There is no need to keep dragging the garbage scow behind us. Cut the ropes and let them drown.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-11-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Maybe she is a teacher and that is her home. Why should she be forced to leave because of a bunch of bigots? Your little fantasy that we can just ignore the morons is not feasible they are everywhere and we cant just all run away from them. We have to deal with them every day everywhere. The second you think otherwise you have already lost.
    Last edited by Handyman; 05-11-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Maybe she is a teacher and that is her home. Why should she be forced to leave because of a bunch of bigots? Your little fantasy that we can just ignore the morons is not feasible they are everywhere and we cant just all run away from them. We have to deal with them every day everywhere. The second you think otherwise you have already lost.
    I work with them; I know we can't all run away.

But I also know I can't change the people I work with, so I keep my head down (well, today I am wearing a "Ctrl Alt-Right Del" shirt so maybe not always).

But I am often surprised that people are surprised. Of course they are going to be like that. They're f-cking bigoted jackwagon morons. They aren't going to get any better and 90% of their kids are going to swallow the poison and then pass it on to their kids.

I understand that it sucks to have to share the planet with these f-cks, but I don't understand the constant reiterated horror at them. That is who they are. That is who they have been since the first curious ape came down from the trees, ten other apes threw their poo at her for threatening their world view and then got the biggest, dumbest ape to murder her in her sleep for offending The Ape God's Olden Ways.

Humanity is a handful of humans on a raft in a sea of unthinking monsters. Our job is to keep the raft from tipping over, try not to attract the creatures' attention, but when we do to beat them back and protect ourselves. We can't "convert" the beasts. Just leave them be and let them breed themselves into successive waves of famine and disease to cull the numbers. Don't attack them but also don't help them. Steer clear.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-11-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

On what grounds? She's in a public school system that has to follow Federal and State employment and anti discrimination laws.

So she offended the locals. Tough. They're not harmed and I doubt the tykes were either. Get over it or move.

Now if she came out against football, that's a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Stay and fight. F those f-wads.

Unfortunately, I heard in that state, sexual orientation is not a protected class. I AM UNSURE IF THAT IS ACTUALLY TRUE. Either way, I'd effing fight the sh* out of them a-holes.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Stay and fight. F those f-wads.

Unfortunately, I heard in that state, sexual orientation is not a protected class. I AM UNSURE IF THAT IS ACTUALLY TRUE. Either way, I'd effing fight the sh* out of them a-holes.
    Isn't it federally protected?

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I'm not sure. I mean, medicinal marijuana is federally illegal, but state legal....and the feds mainly DGAF. Dunno if it's like that with sexual orientation, also.

It’s not in the Title VII statute, like it is in some state statutes. But federal courts are starting to rule its covered under the language covering gender bias, or maybe sex harassment. The Supremes will have to decide.

Sexual orientation and gender identity are not federally protected. Repubs have blocked that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'm not sure. I mean, medicinal marijuana is federally illegal, but state legal....and the feds mainly DGAF.
    Nonsense - the feds give plenty of fcks, just not in visibly obvious ways like no-knock raids on state-licensed stores. Of course, Lil' Jeffy Sessions does want to start those up again, but he's a bit tied up with other things at the moment.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Sexual orientation and gender identity are not federally protected. Repubs have blocked that for years.

Nonsense - the feds give plenty of fcks, just not in visibly obvious ways like no-knock raids on state-licensed stores. Of course, Lil' Jeffy Sessions does want to start those up again, but he's a bit tied up with other things at the moment.
    Ok that is key in that case, and pure BS.

Nope.

Generic Catchy Message

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Saw this earlier. You forgot to add, "in Oakland." Oakland!

The fake tears at the end when she's talking to the cop are priceless!

This story is too good to be true, I can't believe the camerawoman got away with that much filming. I've actually gone to the point of putting on the tinfoil and poked around to see if there are any legitimate reports of this whole incident being faked (i.e. - not from Infowars or its ilk).

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Saw this earlier. You forgot to add, "in Oakland." Oakland!

The fake tears at the end when she's talking to the cop are priceless!

This story is too good to be true, I can't believe the camerawoman got away with that much filming. I've actually gone to the point of putting on the tinfoil and poked around to see if there are any legitimate reports of this whole incident being faked (i.e. - not from Infowars or its ilk).
    They're having a big ****ing party there tonight in her honor: https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/bla...big-1825981027

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

I really think something is not right upstairs with the white woman. Holy sh*. She was having a full on panic attack.

Hear me out....

Her upbringing, or some (God I hate this term) "trigger" happened, and she freaked out. YES, racist in nature (the whatever reason that caused her to freak out). I think she was genuinely scared.

1. No excuse for her behavior, really.
    2. Also no reason to criminalize her IF IF IF it really was a mental thing (she didn't know how to react, whatever).

My thinking? If she was straight up racist, she'd have gotten angry, more confrontational, in-your-face, sorta thing. She didn't, really. Kept retreating, and broke down.

In the end not defending her, but there is maybe more going on than we know. Thoughts?

Thread Information