• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    The numbers all mean something.
    http://www.kurumi.com/roads/3di/3di-primer.html
    I am aware of that, but many times out-of-towners aren't aware of that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Now I know "swatting" is an actual thing... Not sure if my life is better because of that
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Now I know "swatting" is an actual thing... Not sure if my life is better because of that
        Hopefully somebody guilty of swatting has to pay for the deployment of the personnel and equipment (easily tens of thousands of dollars) and would be responsible for injury / loss of life.

I'd ask what is wrong with people but we all know what is wrong with people. They're people.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I'm learning to like circles finally. My bias against began because my first exposure to them was Latham Circle in the NY Capital District. I'm not sure if it was the circle as much as the mess where NY 7 meets I-87. (see linked map)
          They put in a circle in my old town after our daughter was almost killed. The circle was perfect until they planted flowers on a mound in the center, blocking all visibility and turning it into a different death trap. You can't fix stupid.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            They put in a circle in my old town after our daughter was almost killed. The circle was perfect until they planted flowers on a mound in the center, blocking all visibility and turning it into a different death trap. You can't fix stupid.
            They do that on purpose to prevent the use of the "direct route" (going straight through). I've been told it's usually big trucks that claim to not be able to navigate the circle that do it, ... and drunk drivers.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Re: SWATting

The instigator should be facing intentional homicide charges: it was done intentionally and this outcome was foreseeable. He basically "hired" the Kansas cops.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...230-story.html
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Why wouldn't they? The interstate system is not unique to Minnesota...
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  My bad, I thought he was referring to the specific highways here. I'll amend it to many people DON'T know that the numbers mean something.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I'm betting people in the Dallas-Fort Worth area do.

Edit: Nevermind. Thought we were still discussing the E-W part of it.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

The I-35E / I-35W thing in MSP never made sense until I looked at a map.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I have actually taken 35 from Duluth to Dallas, back in college. That was a crappy ride, even in a chartered bus where drinking was allowed. Did it non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          The I-35E / I-35W thing in MSP never made sense until I looked at a map.
                          It is fun to listen to google talk it out. "Take exit 41A onto Interstate 35 west south."
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Hopefully somebody guilty of swatting has to pay for the deployment of the personnel and equipment (easily tens of thousands of dollars) and would be responsible for injury / loss of life.

I'd ask what is wrong with people but we all know what is wrong with people. They're people.
                            In a growing number of states they are responsible for these costs. Plus fines and likely jail time.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Because most people don't bother to learn how the interstate numbering/naming system works.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Because most people don't bother to learn how the interstate numbering/naming system works.
                                I'm pretty sure everybody know even runs EW, odd NS, and x95s are beltways.

But I didn't actually know there were other conventions.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X