This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

I would have said something. But that’s just me. I don’t have a filter in that regard. I know it’s a flaw in some respects, but I’m ok with it.

Would they afforded you the same courtesy?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Last time I was with relatives (a couple cousins) disparaging a gay I felt the need to chime in with a, "He still is your brother."
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I would have said something. But that’s just me. I don’t have a filter in that regard. I know it’s a flaw in some respects, but I’m ok with it.
        It’s not a flaw

Comment

One of my bro's in-laws is of the herp-a-derp variety when it comes to people of different race and/or different sexual orientation. A real Trumper. When he spouts off on something, we change the subject as fast as we can, as there is zero reasoning with him. He usually gets the hint. Same with my uber-uber-off-the-wall-lefty dad (he makes some liberals here look like Trumpers).

Edit: agree with burd, it's not a flaw.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            One of my bro's in-laws is of the herp-a-derp variety when it comes to people of different race and/or different sexual orientation. A real Trumper. When he spouts off on something, we change the subject as fast as we can, as there is zero reasoning with him. He usually gets the hint. Same with my uber-uber-off-the-wall-lefty dad (he makes some liberals here look like Trumpers).

Edit: agree with burd, it's not a flaw.
            Your father is a wise one, grasshopper.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Your father is a wise one, grasshopper.
              No, no, no. True convo:

Me: There is no gray area anymore. It's either THIS or THAT. It's horrible.
              Dad: Only Republicans think that. Not the Democrats. (said without a HINT of hypocrisy)
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                No, no, no. True convo:

Me: There is no gray area anymore. It's either THIS or THAT. It's horrible.
                Dad: Only Republicans think that. Not the Democrats. (said without a HINT of hypocrisy)
                See there?

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What if that was actually Beauner from GPL? Just saying.

Corps can only do so much training. They can only take action on the actual employee if the employee does something like this.

I just went through a mandatory corporate wide sex harassment workshop. I got a perfect score, but that doesn't prevent me from harassment in the future, you know?

Comment

If your company seems to have wide spread sexual harassment issues after the training then the company themselves is the problem. The "few bad apples" crap almost never turns out to be true. What about the company is emboldening the behavior?

What are the chances this person has only ever done something racist one time on the job. (unless he is new) How do people around him act when he does it? Hell why didnt the person who made the drink do something about it when he/she read the name? The culture itself is the problem.

Training is CYA stuff, if you want to fix the problem you get rid of the bad apples and punish anyone who in any way enables them. Period. End of Story.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        If your company seems to have wide spread sexual harassment issues after the training then the company themselves is the problem. The "few bad apples" crap almost never turns out to be true. What about the company is emboldening the behavior?

What are the chances this person has only ever done something racist one time on the job. (unless he is new) How do people around him act when he does it? Hell why didnt the person who made the drink do something about it when he/she read the name? The culture itself is the problem.

Training is CYA stuff, if you want to fix the problem you get rid of the bad apples and punish anyone who in any way enables them. Period. End of Story.
                        My company has zero issues, from what I know. The training was a CYA. And yes, get rid of the bad apples. My point is, the bad apples can go through the motions of training, but until they do something bad, you don't really know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          What if that was actually Beauner from GPL? Just saying.
                          I knew a guy we all called "Beaner". His given name was Bernard. In that case, it's fine.

Now if the counter attendant thought they were being funny ... not so much.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I just went through a mandatory corporate wide sex harassment workshop.
                            I love those "how to" workshops.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              I love those "how to" workshops.
                              "John is making sexually suggestive remarks. Jane tells him to stop. He does not stop. Is John's behavior wrong?"

GEE YA THINK?

Comment

My company has zero issues, from what I know. The training was a CYA. And yes, get rid of the bad apples. My point is, the bad apples can go through the motions of training, but until they do something bad, you don't really know who they are.
                                And my point is if all you are doing is getting rid of the bad apples you arent doing enough and you arent fixing the problem.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X