X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    How can you not have this be your selection?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-AXgYO0lo
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      How can you not have this be your selection?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-AXgYO0lo
      Because I'm older than you.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Because I'm older than you.
        I love the movie you posted, I'm just saying. I can see that judge getting medieval on this guy.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I love the movie you posted, I'm just saying. I can see that judge getting medieval on this guy.
          Nassar is lucky Judge Irving Kaufman is dead.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Man that border agent is a true American Hero. The balls it takes to get on a Greyhound Bus inn Fort Lauderdale and check for papers...I hope he got hazard pay
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

http://www.ibtimes.com/tesla-model-s...reeway-2644087

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                As for Michigan State... the president got a raise and trustees are adamant she's staying.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• It's all about financial performance. Trustees don't care about obstruction of justice, and want to sweep their involvement under the rug.

Comment

The funny thing is, Ferguson may have just admitted to them violating open meetings laws by saying that.

Ferguson has been in legal trouble before. Although, the trustee who is calling for Simon to resign, Mitch Lyons, is also awful. He leaked a whistle blower in the football sexual assault case, he currently has a court date coming up for his own (non-sexual) assault case, and had an anti-Muslim tweet when the Muslim travel ban went into effect.

Basically, everything sucks.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• It's a shame the driver never noticed the large obstacle in his path while the car was in enhanced-cruise-control mode. If only the obstacle was painted a bright color, fire engine red perhaps; and if the obstacle had some way of grabbing the driver's attention, maybe a blinking light or two; and ultimately, it should have some indicator on the back of the truck to denote it's a large obstacle and a hazard with a large sticker, maybe alternating red and white reflective tape. If only the driver had some indication like that, he could have taken control of his car and slowed in time.

I anxiously await Elon Musk to Tweet out the Tesla's black box tattle tale last seconds. Idiot was either asleep or very distracted, likely grabbed the steering wheel as autopilot started to slow the car, disabling autopilot, then freaked out that he couldn't stop in time himself, and crashed.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        It's a shame the driver never noticed the large obstacle in his path while the car was in enhanced-cruise-control mode. If only the obstacle was painted a bright color, fire engine red perhaps; and if the obstacle had some way of grabbing the driver's attention, maybe a blinking light or two; and ultimately, it should have some indicator on the back of the truck to denote it's a large obstacle and a hazard with a large sticker, maybe alternating red and white reflective tape. If only the driver had some indication like that, he could have taken control of his car and slowed in time.

I anxiously await Elon Musk to Tweet out the Tesla's black box tattle tale last seconds. Idiot was either asleep or very distracted, likely grabbed the steering wheel as autopilot started to slow the car, disabling autopilot, then freaked out that he couldn't stop in time himself, and crashed.
                        A funny side story about this: Cruise control was formerly called "autopilot", and a RV owner had sued the manufacturer because they were led to believe it was a true autopilot and didn't just regulate velocity, and the RV ended up in a ditch while the "driver" took a nap. I do wonder if similar activity is going to happen in this instance.

As another point, there's GM coming out recently with concept cars that have no steering wheel. I won't get into my typical arguments against this because that's for another day, but what I will say is that this exact scenario would not be able to be prevented if there's no way for a human to assess the situation and adapt to the temporary change in traffic pattern. Computers can only do so much, and driving really can sometimes be an art. Just like how, when you're in heavy traffic, you need to be aware of the happenings of the car in front of the car in front of you, as that will give you quite the insight into how things are going to proceed.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I know replying to oneself is a faux pad, but the Spirit of Judge Kaufman was alive and well in the courtroom today.

Nasser gets 40 to 175.

Put him in GenPop and it may be shorter.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I know replying to oneself is a faux pad, but the Spirit of Judge Kaufman was alive and well in the courtroom today.

Nasser gets 40 to 175.

Out of curiosity, how do they expect someone to live 175 years?

Comment

Nasser gets 40 to 175.

Nasser's just one sick dog. The dozens of "healthy" people at US Gymnastics and elsewhere who covered for him ought to face Baby Huey and Tiny in the prison shower.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 01-24-2018, 12:11 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Out of curiosity, how do they expect someone to live 175 years?
                                Eligibility for parole??

Yup. Eligible in 99 years
                                Last edited by joecct; 01-24-2018, 02:06 PM.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X