Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Preseason Thread 2017

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Since this may be somewhere all Hockey East fans look, Mike McMahon tweeted the four teams each team plays as their "extra games" will remain the same next season (18-19). For those keeping track at home, that means the extra game in 18-19 will be:

BC - @UConn, @Maine, @Lowell, PC
    BU - UConn, Maine, @PC, MC
    UConn - BC, @BU, @UMA, @UVM
    Maine - BC, @BU, UMA, @UNH
    UMA - @PC, @MC, @Maine, UConn
    Lowell - BC, UNH, UVM, @NU
    MC - @BU, UMA, PC, @NU
    UNH - NU, @Lowell, Maine, @Vermont
    NU - @UNH, UVM, UML, MC
    PC - @BC, BU, UMA, @MC
    UVM - UNH, @Lowell, @ NU, UConn

The balance is weird for most teams because UVM and Maine travel guidelines [guessing]. All teams still have 11 home and 11 away, so to keep the rotations around UVM and Maine weekends the rest of the rotation gets a bit weird.
    I think you posted this year's games for Maine and Vermont, not next year. Lowell plays 2 at UVM and 1 at home vs UVM this year, so next year it should be the opposite.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      I think you posted this year's games for Maine and Vermont, not next year. Lowell plays 2 at UVM and 1 at home vs UVM this year, so next year it should be the opposite.
      Maine is correct.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Pretty sure I am right here. I have Lowell playing UVM at home for the third game next year. So that means 2 at Lowell, 1 at UVM
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Since this may be somewhere all Hockey East fans look, Mike McMahon tweeted the four teams each team plays as their "extra games" will remain the same next season (18-19). For those keeping track at home, that means the extra game in 18-19 will be:

BC - @UConn, @Maine, @Lowell, PC
          BU - UConn, Maine, @PC, MC
          UConn - BC, @BU, @UMA, @UVM
          Maine - BC, @BU, UMA, @UNH
          UMA - @PC, @MC, @Maine, UConn
          Lowell - BC, UNH, UVM, @NU
          MC - @BU, UMA, PC, @NU
          UNH - NU, @Lowell, Maine, @Vermont
          NU - @UNH, UVM, UML, MC
          PC - @BC, BU, UMA, @MC
          UVM - UNH, @Lowell, @ NU, UConn

The balance is weird for most teams because UVM and Maine travel guidelines [guessing]. All teams still have 11 home and 11 away, so to keep the rotations around UVM and Maine weekends the rest of the rotation gets a bit weird.
          are you new here?

you are not new here....

it's umo, uhn, and umlolol

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Pretty sure I am right here. I have Lowell playing UVM at home for the third game next year. So that means 2 at Lowell, 1 at UVM
            You have a bunch of the teams listed as having either 3 of the 4 extra games at home or on the road, all involving Maine and Vermont. Every team has 2 extra home games and 2 extra road games this year. since the schedule just flips next season, you can't have BU/Lowell/NU all having 3 home/1 road, and BC/UConn/UMass having 1 home/3 road.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

You have a bunch of the teams listed as having either 3 of the 4 extra games at home or on the road, all involving Maine and Vermont. Every team has 2 extra home games and 2 extra road games this year. since the schedule just flips next season, you can't have BU/Lowell/NU all having 3 home/1 road, and BC/UConn/UMass having 1 home/3 road.
              Yeah, I'm just getting out of the lab now and don't feel like fact checking all of them tonight. I'll give it another look moresystematically in the morning
              Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 09-26-2017, 08:10 PM.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Of BU's 4 extra games this year 3 are on the road and 1 is at home. So next year that will flip. It is balanced out by both of the BU and UVM games being at BU (next year they'll both be at UVM), BU plays a home and home with every other team, so they have 12 home and 12 road games in HE.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                  Thread has been quiet so I'll throw my 2 cents in order to bump it back up.

Tier 1-Few Questions Marks
                  1. Lowell
                  2. BU
                  3. Providence

Tier 2-Some Glaring Question Marks
                  4. Northeastern (coin flip with BC)
                  5. BC
                  6. Vermont

Tier 3-Too many Questions Marks. Complete crap shoot. I compared schedule games (home/away) against each other as this is where most of these teams will earn conference points anyway.

7. Maine (10 total with 7 at Alfond)
                  8. UConn (Begin season with 2 at Alfond... Advantage Maine)
                  9. UNH (If they take 3 of 4 points away from UConn they make the jump to 8)
                  10.UMass (8=fewest number of games)
                  11.Merrimack (3 home 6 away... the 'Mack got screwed)

Team Home Away Total
                  Maine 7 3 10
                  UConn 4 5 9
                  UNH 5 5 10
                  UMass 4 4 8
                  Merrimack 3 6 9
                  Here's a possible wrinkle with Merrimack. The Warriors have demonstrated the uncanny ability to show up for big games (against what I'd say are your Tier 1) over the past few years and then lose to creampuffs. "Luckily" three of our "extra games" come in big game category - @BU, PC, @NU. And then Zoomass at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    Of BU's 4 extra games this year 3 are on the road and 1 is at home. So next year that will flip. It is balanced out by both of the BU and UVM games being at BU (next year they'll both be at UVM), BU plays a home and home with every other team, so they have 12 home and 12 road games in HE.
                    So when the league announced that every team is playing 2 extra games at home and 2 on the road they were wrong? BU only plays Vermont twice this year anyways. Last year BU played 2 games at Vermont, so it makes sense that Vermont would come to BU for 2 this year.

Comment

So it is a logical mistake on my end when I started listing them off. I looked for the teams each team played 3 times, then took as a given they were supposed to be H&H to begin with. This is not true for UVM or Maine, those series are weekend visits which alternate each year. Because of this the games concerning those teams are actually flipped from what I said prior, in the eyes of the league.

As an example, BC should read

BC - 2x@UConn-1xUConn 2x@Maine-1xMaine, 2x @Lowell-1x Lowell, 1x@PC 2xPC, H&H with all but UVM, then 2 at home against UVM. This gives 11 home and 11 road.
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

So when the league announced that every team is playing 2 extra games at home and 2 on the road they were wrong? BU only plays Vermont twice this year anyways. Last year BU played 2 games at Vermont, so it makes sense that Vermont would come to BU for 2 this year.
                        I guess they were wrong. Look at the BU schedule, BU plays four HE teams 3 time this year Providence (1 at PC, 2 at BU), Merrimack (2 at MC, 1 at BU), Maine (2 at ME, 1 at BU), and UConn (2 at UC, 1 at BU), so 3 of the extra 4 games are on the road. Then of the other six teams they play a home and home with five of them, and 2 home games (0 away games) with UVM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                          I guess they were wrong. Look at the BU schedule, BU plays four HE teams 3 time this year Providence (1 at PC, 2 at BU), Merrimack (2 at MC, 1 at BU), Maine (2 at ME, 1 at BU), and UConn (2 at UC, 1 at BU), so 3 of the extra 4 games are on the road. Then of the other six teams they play a home and home with five of them, and 2 home games (0 away games) with UVM.
                          Or maybe, since Maine and Vermont are treated differently when it comes to scheduling, the extra game against Maine is the home game, not one of the road games.

Comment

Or maybe, since Maine and Vermont are treated differently when it comes to scheduling, the extra game against Maine is the home game, not one of the road games.
                            Ahh, I see how that could be. Maine jumped through hoops when ND was added to the league to keep BU as a home and home, so I assumed the same would continue, but who knows. We'll find out once BU and ME aren't paired up as extra game opponents.

Comment

Eastern Bias podcast is back - great listen if you guys aren't familiar.

Comment

I enjoy the goofy revelry, certainly.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X