Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Preseason Thread 2017

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    you guys talking NU Huskies.. good, he must be doing something right.
    Well to be honest, I particularly enjoy when he turns into a monkey behind the bench and loses his mind...so just about every game.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      He wanted to anger Tater/hates BU
      Didn't ask you. The next time I expect a coherent, rational answer from you will be the first time.

Comment

Dick Umile needs 14 more wins (not 13) for the NRN, but who's counting?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Didn't ask you. The next time I expect a coherent, rational answer from you will be the first time.
          oh snappppppppp

boo hoo

Comment

1. UML
            2. NU
            3. BU
            4. PC
            5. UVM
            6. BC
            7. UMA
            8. Merrimack
            9. Maine
            10. UConn
            11. UNH

Champion: UML
            NCAA Teams: UML, NU, PC, BU
            COTY: Carvel (Think they'll be ~.500 which should warrant NCOTY talk after what they've been the past 10 years)
            POTY: Sikura
            ROTY: Makar
            Goalie: Woll (Or Wall, whichever one is from BC)

The bottom 4 are ugly. Forget about who they add as the 12th team, for Hockey East to be as strong as it has previously been, UNH and Maine need to at least be bubble NCAA tourney teams. (Hot take I know)
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              COTY: Carvel (Think they'll be ~.500 which should warrant NCOTY talk after what they've been the past 10 years)
              If Bazin didn't win for taking a 5 win team to 24, a first ncaa appearance in 15 years and a ncaa tournament win, I really doubt Carvel has a shot at the Penrose.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

1. Providence (Lots of returners, Leaman is a fantastic coach, should be a national contender.)
                2. BU (They're always a top team in terms of talent, but I don't rate Quinn as a tactical coach.)
                3. UMass Lowell (Lost a bit with Gambardella, Smith, Kapla etc, but never count out Norm Bazin.)
                4. BC (Ditto, but with Jerry. I think 4-6 could finish in any order and make sense.)
                5. Vermont (I'm higher on us this year than I probably should be.)
                6. Northeastern (Not convinced Primeau will be the panacea, especially with ZAR gone.)
                7. Merrimack (They'd be in the BC/UVM/NU category if Delia hadn't left. Still better than the bottom 4 which is gonna suuuuuck)
                8. UConn (Huska can steal games and I'm a huge fan of Letunov.)
                9. Amherst (They're going to find a way to waste Makar's one season there. Two top prospects won't fix a program in that bad a shape.)
                10. UNH (Kelleher carried them last year. Ergo, without Kelleher, they're going to be bad.)
                11. Maine (Gendron out.)

Tournament Champion: Providence does the double.
                NCAA teams: PC, BU, UML
                POY: Off the board...Erik Foley
                ROY: Makar
                COY: Leaman
                GOY: Woll

Does Umile hit 600?: No.
                Firings: Gendron.
                Bazin extension: Depends on if there's an NHL opening that makes sense.
                BU Seniors: don't care
                Admission standards: UNH, definitively.
                https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Wow, not a single mention so far for Oettinger for the goalie award. He was All-Rookie and 2nd team HE last year.

Maybe thinking he won't see enough shots given the 7 drafted defensemen in front of him???
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Wow, not a single mention so far for Oettinger for the goalie award. He was All-Rookie and 2nd team HE last year.

Maybe thinking he won't see enough shots given the 7 drafted defensemen in front of him???
                    I chose Oettinger as goalie of the year. He is one of the top 3 goalies I have seen in person since I started watching college hockey in 2011, I think he's an NHL starter in the future.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      1. Providence (Lots of returners, Leaman is a fantastic coach, should be a national contender.)
                      2. BU (They're always a top team in terms of talent, but I don't rate Quinn as a tactical coach.)
                      3. UMass Lowell (Lost a bit with Gambardella, Smith, Kapla etc, but never count out Norm Bazin.)
                      4. BC (Ditto, but with Jerry. I think 4-6 could finish in any order and make sense.)
                      5. Vermont (I'm higher on us this year than I probably should be.)
                      6. Northeastern (Not convinced Primeau will be the panacea, especially with ZAR gone.)
                      7. Merrimack (They'd be in the BC/UVM/NU category if Delia hadn't left. Still better than the bottom 4 which is gonna suuuuuck)
                      8. UConn (Huska can steal games and I'm a huge fan of Letunov.)
                      9. Amherst (They're going to find a way to waste Makar's one season there. Two top prospects won't fix a program in that bad a shape.)
                      10. UNH (Kelleher carried them last year. Ergo, without Kelleher, they're going to be bad.)
                      11. Maine (Gendron out.)

Tournament Champion: Providence does the double.
                      NCAA teams: PC, BU, UML
                      POY: Off the board...Erik Foley
                      ROY: Makar
                      COY: Leaman
                      GOY: Woll

Does Umile hit 600?: No.
                      Firings: Gendron.
                      Bazin extension: Depends on if there's an NHL opening that makes sense.
                      BU Seniors: don't care
                      Admission standards: UNH, definitively.
                      Curious, how does ZAR leaving have any impact on what Primeau is going to do? If ZAR was a defenseman that could be an argument, or if he left early. Just not seeing a correlation. Or was your statement more of two separate things that you knock NU for?
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Curious, how does ZAR leaving have any impact on what Primeau is going to do? If ZAR was a defenseman that could be an argument, or if he left early. Just not seeing a correlation. Or was your statement more of two separate things that you knock NU for?
                        I feel like the three of us might have had this conversation last week, though elsewhere.
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                          I feel like the three of us might have had this conversation last week, though elsewhere.
                          You and I had a conversation on Reddit about NU's defense, where you rightly pointed out I misread stats that I thought showed them better than they were. I don't think I heard the ZAR argument though..the ZARguement, if you will
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Two separate things. My mistake for not being clear.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

You and I had a conversation on Reddit about NU's defense, where you rightly pointed out I misread stats that I thought showed them better than they were. I don't think I heard the ZAR argument though..the ZARguement, if you will
                              Ahh, I thought this was the Primeau discussion where his injury was leading to many having lower expectations than the NU users.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                Ahh, I thought this was the Primeau discussion where his injury was leading to many having lower expectations than the NU users.
                                It was both. I think they'll miss ZAR's production - that's 63 points plus how much better he makes his teammates gone. Add Primeau's last season, and that's why I don't rate NU quite as highly as most.

Comment

Working...
                                X