X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Handy gets it, at least in this case.
    I swear if Dump wins again I will biitchslap each and every one of you.

Rover's not right about much. Actually, Rover's never been right about anything before. But Rover's right about this. This one time, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      No, this isn't hard to figure out. Of course I want to see an intelligent, even-keeled, responsible, educated, dignified, moral, conscientious president.

But if we nominate a half empty tube of Elmer's glue to go up against Dump then I am ALL IN FOR GLUE!
      I am not. I cheer for the downfall of the country then because we deserve it. Then I leave and laugh at all you...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I could say the same about a Bern-out I know who voted for Dump, and two people I know who voted for Johnson (including my own dad).

Comment

Pay per view.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Rover's not right about much. Actually, Rover's never been right about anything before. But Rover's right about this. This one time, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.
            If the Dems nominate Oprah THEY are the problem. And when they lose (and badly) the problem will be you and your ilk that went GOP on the bit. (we support the letter after the name no matter what) My conscience will be clear because I vote for the more deserving candidate, not the color their name appears in.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If the Dems nominate Oprah THEY are the problem.
              There are quite a few names that've been floated that you can replace "Oprah" with in that sentence, e.g. Duane "The Rock" Johnson.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                If the Dems nominate Oprah THEY are the problem. And when they lose (and badly) the problem will be you and your ilk that went GOP on the bit. (we support the letter after the name no matter what) My conscience will be clear because I vote for the more deserving candidate, not the color their name appears in.
                Obviously if it comes down to Oprah vs Trump it's an obvious pick just like it was last time. But it's not a winning strategy and if you pick Oprah in the primary you're a moron.

Comment

I quit on America if it's Trump vs. Oprah, but I did get a good laugh out of Orange Droolius' response about she's a friend and it would be a great challenge.

IIRC, he was a guest on her show several times.

Comment

All of this I'd sit the election out if Oprah is nominated is part of the reason we're blessed with Trump. How'd that work out? I know several past dems with this approach on Hillary...and those people are currently sailing into rightwinger land anyways.

We heard that the GOP was going to be destroyed for a generation after W. Did it last two years? Maybe four. People forget.

Experience is better. But if helping the other party results in sacking everything you believe in...you should be able remember the big picture.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

And now we know why that no matter what the GOP does they will always be the majority party in this country. All you need for evidence is Collins, Corker, Murkowski, McCain, and Flake. That's all you need to know.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If the Dems nominate Oprah, the American Republic has finally failed, and we would have been better off staying British, since at least they learned to keep their celebrities powerless instead of giving them the launch codes. We would fail within a generation if we're running celebrities with no experience against each other.

Let the Presidents wave in parades while the VP (renamed Prime Minister) does the work, I guess.
                        Last edited by bronconick; 01-09-2018, 05:51 PM.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          If the Dems nominate Oprah, the American Republic has finally failed, and we would have been better off staying British, since at least they learned to keep their celebrities powerless instead of giving them the launch codes. We would fail within a generation if we're running celebrities with no experience against each other.

Let the Presidents wave in parades while the VP (renamed Prime Minister) does the work, I guess.
                          This

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

We've already failed. Anyone who can't figure that out isn't paying attention.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              We've already failed. Anyone who can't figure that out isn't paying attention.
                              Can’t argue with that.

At the very least though this failure hopefully gets the dem to reassess its strategy and values. We’ve seen the party shifting slightly to the left
                              on various issues as those ideas are polling well and even seats that were really safe are swinging to the Democrats. We need a candidate who recognizes that and runs on those issues with the actual intent to deliver, I just don’t think Oprah is that and it’d probably cause another loss which we just can’t afford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I know how this one ends.

Will smith save us!!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X