Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    And yet we didn't see an Obama / Clinton back to back duo.
    Because no one has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. High charisma trumps all (pun intended).

Thoughts on Deval Patrick?
    He missed his chance. I don't think he would be a bad president, but I'm not really sure who his core supporters would be other than some of the identity crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I'd have been curious about what joe thought of Obama's chances in 2007. I assume he'd have said "a black guy with a Mooslim name? Pull the other one."

joe believes the Democratic nominee should be someone he can vote for, which is like me saying the Republican nominee should be somebody I can vote for. He is confusing electability in the country with electability in his house.
    He isnt wrong about the idea of a Coastal type having issues in the midwest. The Dems are losing support in flyover country and they need to find a way to shift the momentum. If they pick someone on the coasts they will have problems...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

there's a good buck in that racket.

You can't choose the voters, but you can choose the candidate.
    yah.... if the people you are going to be leading don't want you, then your candidacy blows
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Subscribed for FrankenStein 2020
    Are you saying you want Stein for VP cause if so...I might have to curb stomp you.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Are you saying you want Stein for VP cause if so...I might have to curb stomp you.
    Not Jill Stein. Ben Stein.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Scooby give it a rest already. Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman and need I remind you she received more votes than Trump? She lost because she was extremely disliked by even many in the Dem base, too many Dem voters stayed home and she ran a horses**t campaign. That's it. American isn't having an existential crisis when it comes to putting women into positions of power. The results may not yet be equitable but it's far from the dark ages. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Scooby give it a rest already. Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman and need I remind you she received more votes than Trump? She lost because she was extremely disliked by even many in the Dem base, too many Dem voters stayed home and she ran a horses**t campaign. That's it. American isn't having an existential crisis when it comes to putting women into positions of power. The results may not yet be equitable but it's far from the dark ages. Calm down.
    Pakistan. No, I will not stop.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Someone from the coasts is fine if they show any interest in caring about workers' rights, increasing pay where possible, pushing single payer (even if that's not what ultimately gets implemented that should be the starting point of any negotiation), and doing something/anything that appeals to the younger voters (student loan debt forgiveness perhaps). That and it would help if they had a good track record and haven't flip flopped on every issue imaginable.
    It's Scooby you're talking to... good luck . I've gotta say though, it's amazing how few people have learned anything from that election including Hillary herself.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-08-2017 at 09:05 AM.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Hmm... not sure I follow your logic. If the Dems nominated the right candidate there would be a democrat in the White House. Or do you think that no democrat could have won?
    No Democrat could have won. The Dem base got lazy. Not even sure they'd come out for an Obama 3rd term as even he was designated a corporate sell out. A lot of people want to trot out Joe Biden, a man who probably has more corporate connections than Hillary, has been in DC since 1974, and has had his own share of health related issues + was 4 years older than Trump/Hillary. That wasn't going to happen although he may have pulled off PA.

Voters for whatever reason tend to get tired after their party is in office for 2 terms to their own detriment, but the combination of apathy for all quarters of the Dem base (minorities, uber libs/Sanders voters, working class poor whites, etc) wasn't going to be solved by anybody last year.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

No Democrat could have won.
    it's amazing how few people have learned anything from that election
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I've gotta say though, it's amazing how few people have learned anything from that election including Hillary herself.
    That's pretty arrogant. You think she didn't learn anything? I think she learned a lot. I know I did.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's pretty arrogant. You think she didn't learn anything? I think she learned a lot. I know I did.
    Well the book tour seems to indicate otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    No Democrat could have won. The Dem base got lazy.
    And the Pats lost last night because their fan base got lazy.

Hillary lost. It wasn't the voters, it wasn't a propeller, and it wasn't Jack the Ripper. She sucked and people said ew and she lost. She had one job as a politician and she blew it.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Pakistan. No, I will not stop.
    Point not made and I am sure you won't no matter how wrong you are.

Point not made and I am sure you won't no matter how wrong you are.
    I'm not wrong. How many female President's has their been? Do you need a hint?

lucky penguin

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    And the Pats lost last night because their fan base got lazy.

Hillary lost. It wasn't the voters, it wasn't a propeller, and it wasn't Jack the Ripper. She sucked and people said ew and she lost. She had one job as a politician and she blew it.
    I find it amusing that you keep repeating this to help yourself feel better about what happened, and then in the next post, talk about Bernie, the guy that couldn't even come close to beating that, as some sort of movement that is going to sweep the nation.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    I find it amusing that you keep repeating this to help yourself feel better about what happened, and then in the next post, talk about Bernie, the guy that couldn't even come close to beating that, as some sort of movement that is going to sweep the nation.
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    No Democrat could have won...Not even sure they'd come out for an Obama 3rd term...
    And you call yourself an expert. Jeezuz dude you lose all credibility with this one.

I'm not wrong. How many female President's has their been? Do you need a hint?
    Ok so during that time ONE woman ran for president, had a laundry list of issues, and went up against 25 years of RWNJ propaganda.

Thread Information