X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    No when it came to Bernie young Blacks didnt support him either. Check his polling numbers in that community they were horrible.
    Black voters 25 and under supported him more than Clinton so this is a factually incorrect statement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...rimary-n580996

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      We beat 538 by just a couple days.

Code:
      01. Elizabeth Warren	
      02. Bernie Sanders	
      03. Joe Biden	
      04. Kamala Harris (Sen, CA)	
      05. Kirsten Gillibrand (Sen, NY)
      06. Tim Ryan (Rep, OH)
      07. Amy Klobuchar (Sen, MN)
      08. Cory Booker (Sen, NJ)
      09. Michelle Obama	
      10. Al Franken	
      11. Deval Patrick (ex-Gov, MA)
      12. Hillary Clinton	
      13. Eric Garcetti (Mayor, LA)
      14. Steve Bullock (Gov, MT)
      15. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
      16. John Hickenlooper Gov, CO)
      17. Jason Kander (SoS, KS)	
      18. Chris Murphy (Rep, CT)
      19. Sherrod Brown (Sen, OH)
      20. Roy Cooper (Gov, NC)
      21. Kasim Reed	(Mayor, Atlanta)
      22. Bill de Blasio (Mayor, NYC)
      23. Mark Zuckerberg	
      24. Mitch Landrieu (Mayor New Orleans)
      25. Mark Cuban
      26. Julian Castro (ex-Rep, TX)
      27. John Kerry	
      28. Jeff Merkley (Sen, OR)
      29. Al Gore	
      30. Martin O’Malley (ex-Gov, MD)
      6, 14, 16 & 10. Your nominee has to be from flyover USA.
      Last edited by joecct; 09-20-2017, 05:26 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Warren #1? ROTFLMAO
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          6, 14, 16 & 10. Your nominee has to be from flyover USA.
          Not flyover, per se. A candidate from the deep south or the prairie would be worthless, for instance. Rust belt would help. Mid Atlantic would help. A purple westerner (CO / NM / NV) would be excellent.

Geography is less and less important every day. Identity is where people are throwing their tribal stakes now. The Dems probably need one more white male to ride out the final wail of the rural white resentment wahmbulance. After that we can cut them loose for good.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Black voters 25 and under supported him more than Clinton so this is a factually incorrect statement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...rimary-n580996
            And Black voters 30 and over overwhelmingly went to Hillary. So 30 is now considered old? In 3 of the 4 age groupings Hillary trounced him. (70% was the worst she did and that was 30-44)

And the small demographic you are talking about made up 3% of the electorate and he barely held any lead. (in fact I would assume that is close to the margin for error)

So I guess you are correct in that the youngest voters were pretty split. (52-47 Sanders) The problem is they represent the lowest amount of voting Black people. So factually Bernie is going to have a serious problem with the Black vote. (which is what I said that started this) He will get trounced because it isnt like the 30 and up crowd will just decide to not vote this time around and the 17-29 year olds arent going to be enough to offset it. Unless he plans to go by way of the Trump method (win all the Whites) he just doesnt have the demographic support to be anywhere close to a true frontrunner no matter his age. No one can win the Dem nomination without the support of the minorities.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ok, I'll pose this to people who follow politics much more closely than I do. We're missing a name. What about Rahm Emmanuel? Has the name, the association with Obama, and the executive experience. Does the very high murder rate in Chicago disqualify him?
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Ok, I'll pose this to people who follow politics much more closely than I do. We're missing a name. What about Rahm Emmanuel? Has the name, the association with Obama, and the executive experience. Does the very high murder rate in Chicago disqualify him?
                No, he's DQ'ed because he is Rahm Emmanuel. His mismanagement of Chicago goes far beyond his inability to put a lid on the gang violence.

Comment

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    The fact that most people in Chicago hate him disqualifies him.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Honestly, my favorite right now would be Franken. I know he's not running, especially if what's her name runs (the other MN senator), but good lord. Ivy League education and takes government seriously but could absolutely smoke Trump in the debates with his wits.
                      I'm in the same boat. I love Al but I would just hate to see him move from a legislative position which he's awesome at to an impotent executive position.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Honestly, my favorite right now would be Franken. I know he's not running, especially if what's her name runs (the other MN senator), but good lord. Ivy League education and takes government seriously but could absolutely smoke Trump in the debates with his wits.
                        If debates mattered, we'd have President Hillary.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          If substance mattered, we'd have Clinton. Franken, like Obama, is intelligent but more importantly has the charisma to just smack the Donald around in a debate floor in a way Clinton never could. Not just on substance, but style.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            The difference is Franken can appeal to everyone. He has authenticity to him. Hillbot never got the firmware update that let her show compassion or humanity.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              And Black voters 30 and over overwhelmingly went to Hillary. So 30 is now considered old? In 3 of the 4 age groupings Hillary trounced him. (70% was the worst she did and that was 30-44)

And the small demographic you are talking about made up 3% of the electorate and he barely held any lead. (in fact I would assume that is close to the margin for error)

So I guess you are correct in that the youngest voters were pretty split. (52-47 Sanders) The problem is they represent the lowest amount of voting Black people. So factually Bernie is going to have a serious problem with the Black vote. (which is what I said that started this) He will get trounced because it isnt like the 30 and up crowd will just decide to not vote this time around and the 17-29 year olds arent going to be enough to offset it. Unless he plans to go by way of the Trump method (win all the Whites) he just doesnt have the demographic support to be anywhere close to a true frontrunner no matter his age. No one can win the Dem nomination without the support of the minorities.
                              All I'm saying is that over 30 isn't young voters by any stretch and that they did on average vote more for Bernie. I'm not looking to relitigate the primary or go into the differences between the DNC primary and a general election again.

The only thing I will say is that I don't think Bernie's lack of success is an indictment of his policies so much as the campaign he ran and the fact that he's older than Father Time.
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-20-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Hey I was a Bernie Bro before it was cool...his issues werent with his policies it was other factors. Bernie is a great idea man but he lacks the plan to back them up. If this was a TV show he comes up with the outline while the writers create the actual script.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X