X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

the D are such pu$$ies
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Interesting on Warren. Saves the party from a little bit of a bloodbath in the primaries as there's a few people competing for the vote of the left. Assuming 80 year old Bernie doesn't run again also, who's the standard bearer now? No obvious heir at this point, although I'll reiterate if Sherrod Brown crushes it in his re-election in swing state Ohio chock full of blue collar workers he's got a strong claim on the electability front even though he'll be 68? maybe on election day 2020...
      I hope our nominee is somebody 50% of voters could not name right now. I'd actually go further and say I hope our nominee is somebody neither of us could name right now. I have that little respect for the Democratic party as currently constituted.

We need to push the useful geriatrics into the back room and let them do their work, and we need to flush out all the other geriatrics. The GOP won in part because they were perceived as "doing something" and as having some energy. Our gerontology ward in Congress and on the campaign trail is an enormous liability. We have all the right ideas but our messengers do not inspire anybody.
      Last edited by Kepler; 03-12-2018, 10:26 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        Doesn't matter. Is Faux telling you you are? That's what matters to these morons.
        This is more true than anybody in the DCCC or DSCC understands. Every Republican in my office says "we're getting our mining and steel jobs back and our economy is finally coming back after being in the toilet with Obama." They live in a land of make believe but they all live in it so it becomes reality. That's what Roger Ailes understood: just lie. Don't even bother massaging or selectively editing the truth. Just lie. Whoever calls you on it, say they're lying.

It's a perfect system.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I hope our nominee is somebody 50% of voters could not name right now. I'd actually go further and say I hope our nominee is somebody neither of us could name right now. I have that little respect for the Democratic party as currently constituted.

We need to push the useful geriatrics into the back room and let them do their work, and we need to flush out all the other geriatrics. The GOP won in part because they were perceived as "doing something" and as having some energy. Our gerontology ward in Congress and on the campaign trail is an enormous liability. We have all the right ideas but our messengers do not inspire anybody.
          With my preferred candidate out now, I'm going to sit back and either let somebody wow me or see who has the best chance to win. Position wise Dems are like 95% in lockstep on issues, so I'm not too concerned about that. Its going to be more of who can articulate those positions in a clear and concise manner for a low interest electorate. As an aside, I also think we need a nutcutter who will neuter Chump and stuff his balls down his throat. I want someone who will call out and attack the GOP in its entirety as the corrupt money laundering treasonous cult that it is!

Age doesn't matter to me. If 77? year old Joe Biden is crushing it in the primaries and in general election polling than I'd happily support the dude.

This is more true than anybody in the DCCC or DSCC understands. Every Republican in my office says "we're getting our mining and steel jobs back and our economy is finally coming back after being in the toilet with Obama." They live in a land of make believe but they all live in it so it becomes reality. That's what Roger Ailes understood: just lie. Don't even bother massaging or selectively editing the truth. Just lie. Whoever calls you on it, say they're lying.

It's a perfect system.
          That works up to a point. We were told for years that we were winning in Iraq and the war was almost over. That lie flew for awhile but eventually voters got sick of being BS'd to their face and kicked the GOP completely out of power. Likewise Chump can say mining and steel jobs are coming back, but if they don't eventually voters will tire of being lied to. Not that these Chump voters will all suddenly become Dems but reinforces the perception that Trump is insane and doesn't know his a sshole from a hole in the ground.
          Last edited by Rover; 03-12-2018, 10:39 AM.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Interesting on Warren. Saves the party from a little bit of a bloodbath in the primaries as there's a few people competing for the vote of the left. Assuming 80 year old Bernie doesn't run again also, who's the standard bearer now? No obvious heir at this point, although I'll reiterate if Sherrod Brown crushes it in his re-election in swing state Ohio chock full of blue collar workers he's got a strong claim on the electability front even though he'll be 68? maybe on election day 2020...
            Bernie could be in federal PYitAP by 2020 if he ends up being part of this Russia thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

More likely than not your nominee will be someone who’s name 50% of the voters can’t pronounce..... and will be DOA
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You guys should be smarter than to get your news from a braindead moron like joe, who not surprisingly, was too dumb to grasp the nuance of what Warren said.

Watch the actual Meet the Press interview. It's very clearly "I am not running for president(right now)". She gets pressed multiple times to vow that she will serve her entire six-year term if re-elected to Congress and gives non-answers every time. I'm not sure how anyone can watch that interview and come away with any other impression than that she is absolutely running for president in a couple years.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  You guys should be smarter than to get your news from a braindead moron like joe, who not surprisingly, was too dumb to grasp the nuance of what Warren said.

Watch the actual Meet the Press interview. It's very clearly "I am not running for president(right now)". She gets pressed multiple times to vow that she will serve her entire six-year term if re-elected to Congress and gives non-answers every time. I'm not sure how anyone can watch that interview and come away with any other impression than that she is absolutely running for president in a couple years.
                  Thank you for the compliment. Unlike you, apparently, I have a sense of humor and am a fan of sarcasm and deadly puns and/or bon mots.

You take your side waaaayyyy to seriously. And similar to 41, your posts are full of hate. While that may keep you alive, it does not well serve this board.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Bernie could be in federal PYitAP by 2020 if he ends up being part of this Russia thing.
                    I think Bernie's wife is more likely to end up in The House of Striped Sunshine over ripping off that college in Burlington than Bernie is.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Age matters to me because having a non-geriatric who can look normal on TV is just another bonus against a 74 year old orange baboon.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Like in 1992?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Like in 1992?
                          And 2008.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I actually think it's a rather likely scenario that none of the current prospects ends up with the nom.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I actually think it's a rather likely scenario that none of the current prospects ends up with the nom.
                              Me too. None of them were able to build organizations last time with the Clintonistas sucking all the air out of the room. Now that the witch is dead we are due for a forest fire to burn off all the deadwood.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Me too. None of them were able to build organizations last time with the Clintonistas sucking all the air out of the room. Now that the witch is dead we are due for a forest fire to burn off all the deadwood.
                                Auto da Fey?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X