This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

He's the most popular politician right now so... fine?

Comment

Again, the problem isn't Bernie, its a subset of his supporters who believe nobody has done anything over the last 40 years for the Dems until he came along. Somebody (might have been trix) was arguing that Dem have done nothing for blacks over that time so that's why they didn't show up. This of course completely ignores the efforts Dems have made to secure the right to vote for African Americans despite the unrelenting attacks on that from the right. 50 years ago the poll tax was still around. Since them Dems have given us motor-voter law, expanded voting days, same day registration, gone to court a gazillion times to fight voter ID laws and last minute law changes in order to disenfranchise blacks, etc. All that tends to go unacknowledged by the Susan Sarandon wing of the left.

I'd also point out the only, and I mean only, time the NRA has lost on capitol hill in the past 40+ years is to Bill Clinton with the Brady Bill and assault weapons ban. Pretty liberal accomplishment in my book.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Well yeah they’ve done the bare minimum of trying to secure voter rights because they know they need their votes to win.

What I meant was they haven’t done much to help achieve economic justice in this country/dem controlled states and that’s true because they haven’t.

Comment

If you have Cuomo on your list, you may want to rethink his inclusion

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...&template=mwdt
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            If you have Cuomo on your list, you may want to rethink his inclusion

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...&template=mwdt
            That is crazy. But he should just cry “fake news” and “what about the emails” and “Russia” and stop mentioning it ever again.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              That is crazy. But he should just cry “fake news” and “what about the emails” and “Russia” and stop mentioning it ever again.
              He can also say "I built a bridge with my Dad's name on it.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Not sure about Cuomo's prospects but this is a nothing story that happens in like every other state in the country. IMHO the floodgates opened with the courts overturned former VA Gov McDonnell's conviction even though he was directly steering state business to the company of a guy who was directly funding he and his wife's lavish lifestyle.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Not sure about Cuomo's prospects but this is a nothing story that happens in like every other state in the country. IMHO the floodgates opened with the courts overturned former VA Gov McDonnell's conviction even though he was directly steering state business to the company of a guy who was directly funding he and his wife's lavish lifestyle.
                  I don't see Cuomo as a serious national contender.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I don't see Cuomo as a serious national contender.
                    Couldn't tell you at this point but if we eliminated all candidates who appointed people to govt positions after they received a campaign donation from them there wouldn't be 5 politicians left to run for higher office!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Couldn't tell you at this point but if we eliminated all candidates who appointed people to govt positions after they received a campaign donation from them there wouldn't be 5 politicians left to run for higher office!
                      But making contributions AFTER you got the job speaks of (a) an installment plan or (b) a thank you gift.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'd rather not go there. Albany is a den of vipers and more corrupt than Baton Rouge. Both parties have bodies stacked five deep. Leave it be.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          But making contributions AFTER you got the job speaks of (a) an installment plan or (b) a thank you gift.
                          It speaks of "we're all in bed with each other" and if you didn't realize that already you've lived one fuk of a sheltered life.

Kep, I'm not discounting anybody at this point. If Cuomo manages to inspire the base and get people to turn out, then by all means he can be the nominee and I'll happily support him. Way too early to start enforcing litmus tests until we actually see people campaigning.

Comment

Kep, I'm not discounting anybody at this point. If Cuomo manages to inspire the base and get people to turn out, then by all means he can be the nominee and I'll happily support him. Way too early to start enforcing litmus tests until we actually see people campaigning.
                            A preference is not a litmus test. The Dems already have a crippling image problem being seen as a gang of out of touch, incestuous, dynastic cronies. Governor My Daddy Spoke Well hardly helps dispel that. I'd rather run a meatball like Oprah if it came to that. At least we'd get the braindead reflexive "outsider" voter.
                            Cornell University

Comment

This is awesome news.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

we seem to be eliminating any poor soul who's ever fancied a boobie too , so be prepared
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X