X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    No but unless Dems are gonna try and replicate the gain 2 racist voters from Alabama strategy again this ultimately doesn't matter. Unless independents are mostly anti-semitic or something.
    Sure it does. Bernie didnt have to deal with Anti-Semitism because his opponent and her supporters arent Anti-Semitic. If he had won the Primaries it would have taken all of a month before comments on his being Jewish would have been out in front. The Evangelicals would have thrown a fit cause he doesnt believe in the Hippy Black Man with Holes in His Hands, the Catholics would have hated him for not worshiping at the feet of the Pontiff, the Black Muslims would have thrown a fit because they hate Jews for a variety of reasons, the Wackos would have gone after him because of the Worldwide Jewish Conspiracy, oil companies would freak because of how A Jew would upset interests in the Middle East cause of Israel...etc. None of those people are part of the Democratic Primary Voter Block so we heard none of it. It is just a different animal. (sort of like how Dems werent going after Hillary as a woman but as soon as she won EVERYONE was)

Look you can discount me on anything else but I GUARANTEE I know more about how Jews get viewed by the average person than you do. I have been, many times, the first Jewish person someone has met and the things I have heard are pretty crazy. Hell look how much flack JFK got and he was Catholic...Jews are a completely different animal.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well that's nothing new, with the stupid electoral college set up we have it will always come down to those few swing states (some of which I'm beginning to wonder if they're even swing states anymore).
      Well, you can't fix the stupid Electoral College unless the Dems start winning in more states.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Look you can discount me on anything else but I GUARANTEE I know more about how Jews get viewed by the average person than you do. I have been, many times, the first Jewish person someone has met and the things I have heard are pretty crazy.
        Well, dude, if you would only stop drinking the blood of Christian babies...
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Look you can discount me on anything else but I GUARANTEE I know more about how Jews get viewed by the average person than you do. I have been, many times, the first Jewish person someone has met and the things I have heard are pretty crazy. Hell look how much flack JFK got and he was Catholic...Jews are a completely different animal.
          Anecdotally I have no argument obviously. I just don't know big picture wise how much it would matter here in terms of that slim difference that cost the dems the recent election. You bring up Israel but literally every politician has had horrible views on that subject including Bernie as far as I can tell. Pretty sure some Illinois governor running mate (D) got canned because he supported the Palestinian strategy of boycotting Israeli businesses actually.

Obviously the GOP would attack this I have no doubt about that but I don't think that solely would cost him the election. He'd have to make bigger mistakes than that to lose to Trump.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Well, you can't fix the stupid Electoral College unless the Dems start winning in more states.
          Very true.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-08-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I dont know if you know this but it isnt the Dems that are going to be the one upset with a Jew.
            Out of all of the people that are going to be upset by it, how many voted for Obama? Somewhere between zero and zero.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Out of all of the people that are going to be upset by it, how many voted for Obama? Somewhere between zero and zero.
              Right, you said it a lot better than me but I think people are forgetting that you need to energize dem voters, not convert the other side. You need to replicate (at least in turns of turnout) Obama.

Comment

As for thoughts on the supposed decline of Orcs:

1. In soccer we have a rather crude term to deal over-reliance on statistics: "Possession without penetration is just masterbation." i.e. You can give all the stats you want on possession, passes completed, heat maps, whatever, it doesn't matter if a team isn't doing anything with the ball. In this context, the stats may point to the fact that more and more people are educated, voting Democratic, age etc. But the eye test seems to indicate there isn't any less racism, in fact there seems to be more. For all we know, this country is producing a lot of highly educated, young racists, I mean look at Charlottesville.

2. The Bradley Effect. Simply put, very few people are going to outright, publicly admit they're racist. There are a metric ****ton of closet racists in this country. You want a good idea how to gauge? Start discussing things like Colin Kaepernick or BLM or DACA and you'll find out real quick.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Isn't Obama somewhat to blame for that as well?

But I agree with you, I remember mentioning something along these lines to my 3rd party voting brother and his response was basically, "oh yeah...".
                  Quite a bit. I liked Obama a lot, but as weird as it is to say he had no interest in politics beyond his own elections. Yeah, it would be nice if a President can be above it all, but that's not reality. I know we're not supposed to learn from history out here but I hope that's a lesson Dems take to heart. To enact an agenda, you need Congressional majorities. The days of bipartisan cooperation from the 50's to the 90's are looooooong over.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

As for thoughts on the supposed decline of Orcs:

1. In soccer we have a rather crude term to deal over-reliance on statistics: "Possession without penetration is just masterbation." i.e. You can give all the stats you want on possession, passes completed, heat maps, whatever, it doesn't matter if a team isn't doing anything with the ball. In this context, the stats may point to the fact that more and more people are educated, voting Democratic, age etc. But the eye test seems to indicate there isn't any less racism, in fact there seems to be more. For all we know, this country is producing a lot of highly educated, young racists, I mean look at Charlottesville.

2. The Bradley Effect. Simply put, very few people are going to outright, publicly admit they're racist. There are a metric ****ton of closet racists in this country. You want a good idea how to gauge? Start discussing things like Colin Kaepernick or BLM or DACA and you'll find out real quick.
                    1. Possible, but I think it is more likely it is just easier for the drip slime to get to an audience now with the internet. I think these thugs have always been out there but we never heard from them. Now every c-nt with a dial-up modem or a telephone can reach a knuck website or radio show and spew their bile.

2. Obama won, it wasn't just polling.

Things are still bad -- way too bad for a civilized country. But things used to be worse. These f-cks used to be everywhere. Now they're limited to one side of the political spectrum and even there they're starting to feel the heat.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Whoever our 2020 nominee is here's somebody who ought to contribute to their campaign.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        1. Possible, but I think it is more likely it is just easier for the drip slime to get to an audience now with the internet. I think these thugs have always been out there but we never heard from them. Now every c-nt with a dial-up modem or a telephone can reach a knuck website or radio show and spew their bile.
                        Yeah this is like the police phenomenon where it seems to be getting worse because everyone has a camera on them 24/7 (talking about the bystanders) but in reality it's probably always been the case and isn't more common nowadays necessarily. Yes obviously we all saw them in Charlottesville and many were college educated but like I said it's not difficult to look and see that there has been slow racial progress in this country over time. Heck even look at what racism looks like in 2017. Nobody is outright coming out and saying the N word, even the orcs like Rush/Fox/Infowars need to use dog-whistles and what not about welfare queens/globalists to get their point across.

As for his soccer analogy all of those things are predictive of winning but stats aren't a prophecy, it's possible to get unlucky and it's not like the smaller percentage things never happen. People like to assign narratives to events because it makes it easier to process them that way and "sh*t happens" isn't the most satisfying answer ever but in reality that's probably more correct.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-08-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Things are still bad -- way too bad for a civilized country. But things used to be worse. These f-cks used to be everywhere. Now they're limited to one side of the political spectrum and even there they're starting to feel the heat.
                          I think Obama's significance was overstated to a large degree. I'm sure there are a lot of people who try to use the fact that they voted for Obama as proof they're not racist when in fact they are. In the younger generations it seems there are a lot of kids who aren't outwardly racist but still dislike certain races.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            In the younger generations it seems there are a lot of kids who aren't outwardly racist but still dislike certain races.
                            I'm finding it exactly the opposite. The HS I went to was divided into thirds between whites, blacks, and knife wielding car steali-- oh, excuse me, Puerto Ricans.

Anyway, all three groups absolutely hated each other. Even the quiet, nerdy people who weren't violent had still absorbed their parents' casual racism. There was no crossover between groups except that one universal donor black guy every HS seems to have who was, of course, our class president.

Fast forward to my daughter's HS and yeah, there were racist kids particularly from the "dad's in and out of prison" SES rank, but it was nothing like The Old Days. Even the Born Again types whose parents would scream Satan Get Thee Behind Me! if you played a rap song were fine hanging out with the black kids. It was paternalistic (direct quote: "I used to think they were scary but now I see they're funny!") as hell, but it wasn't the violent bile I saw and heard all day every day when I was growing up in the 70s.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 09-08-2017, 02:58 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Here's the main thing with racism in the US: We've gotten rid of a lot of the overt racism, slavery, Jim Crow, institutional segregation etc. but the problem is now we have to deal with the systemic racism. And systemic racism is very challenging to deal with because we're talking about needing very radical changes to our society. Listen, it's a pretty easy argument to say "you can't treat people as property" or "we can't exclude people based on skin color," it's a whole other argument to say "we have to fundamentally to change how society works so everyone has a shot." Want a good example? Bring up the topic of white privilege among even folks on here. What are otherwise intelligent, good natured people will flat out deny its existence. Look at the arguments over DACA or restructuring our drug laws, it's the same thing. A lot of people have problems with race, it's not just "Orcs". And just because we elected a Black President doesn't mean any of these systemic problems have gone away.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Here's the main thing with racism in the US: We've gotten rid of a lot of the overt racism, slavery, Jim Crow, institutional segregation etc. but the problem is now we have to deal with the systemic racism. And systemic racism is very challenging to deal with because we're talking about needing very radical changes to our society. Listen, it's a pretty easy argument to say "you can't treat people as property" or "we can't exclude people based on skin color," it's a whole other argument to say "we have to fundamentally to change how society works so everyone has a shot." Want a good example? Bring up the topic of white privilege among even folks on here. What are otherwise intelligent, good natured people will flat out deny its existence. Look at the arguments over DACA or restructuring our drug laws, it's the same thing. A lot of people have problems with race, it's not just "Orcs". And just because we elected a Black President doesn't mean any of these systemic problems have gone away.
                                Everyone's a little bit racist, yes. Probably the most knee-jerk racist people in the country right now, even worse than Klan Klowns like Bannon and his ilk, are hardcore black racists who want to kill whitey. Racism comes from bigotry and is fanned by revanchist politics and both city ward blacks and half the Republican party is replete with both.

Personal racism takes centuries to get rid of, and it's not the government's job to get rid of it. Our politics attacks institutional racism but there's very little we can do about the poison in people's hearts. It's like fundamentalism: a certain percentage in each generation will figure it out and let it go, but most people infected with it will pass it on to their kids.

But those 30% or so dumbf-cks are a part of the eternal baseline. They have been, are, and always will be with us. They're part of the deadweight we carry along the rails. And every culture has them, from Sweden to Swaziland, if that's still a place (edit: holy sh-t, it is). The measure of improvement comes from the people who can grow -- the other 70%. And they have made great progress because people are lazy and vain but also capable of and even amenable to doing what is morally right. Most people are not monsters.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X