This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Warren had little shot anyways. I love her to death but any PR firm worth their salt would have been able to put together ads of her screaming and ranting and make her look like a loonbat. The negative ads against her would make what we saw about Hillary look like an episode of The Joy of Painting. She would have much of the same troubles Hillary did plus some of the ones Bernie did.

If the Dems are hitching their wagons to Warren they might as well quit now.

I am not sure any of the big names being thrown about right now will be who ends up getting the nomination. And thankfully it seems any momentum Oprah had died after 2 days. I really wish Gavin Newsome wasnt running for Governor of California he would clean Trumps clock.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      While not as pessimistic as you I will say she doesn't seem to be doing as much to position herself as those loud New Yorkers (Gillibrand, Cuomo) have done.
      Says the tone-deaf Bostonian.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        I’m pretty sure the previous generation has people who’ve done dumber things than that
        Vote for trump en masse?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Vote for trump en masse?
          Yeah I was thinking of dumb stuff they would've done when they were younger but apparently they didn't get much wiser with age

Comment

Duckworth for prez! I like her spirit.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
              Duckworth for prez! I like her spirit.
              What's a Duckworth?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                What's a Duckworth?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  What's a Duckworth?
                  Now here is a little peninsula, and over here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    What's a Duckworth?
                    Not sure, maybe 7-8 bucks. We had my Chinese boss and his family over for dinner, and his wife made a “joke” about a goat’s worth of black tea which I’m still struggling with weeks later. Apparently it’s hilarious to value things by the goat in China.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      Not sure, maybe 7-8 bucks. We had my Chinese boss and his family over for dinner, and his wife made a “joke” about a goat’s worth of black tea which I’m still struggling with weeks later. Apparently it’s hilarious to value things by the goat in China.
                      Mookie will give that a go tomorrow
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This American Life #636 "I thought it would be easier" has a clear summary of the Democratic Party conundrum: Popular stances, self-sabotaging implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          This American Life #636 "I thought it would be easier" has a clear summary of the Democratic Party conundrum: Popular stances, self-sabotaging implementation.
                          OK...I have no idea what The American Life is. But that whole schtick of 'popular stances and self sabotaging implementation' is at minimum misleading. Does the GOP not have popular stances? Small government. Pro jobs. Freedom. Yeah. Does the GOP not have self sabotaging implementation? By the boatloads.

The primary difference is that the GOP is quicker to say 'screw you' to anyone who is not a card carrying member. And the GOP have no hesitation in totally sabotaging any constructive actions by the Dems and in totally flaming the Dems at every turn - because that rallies the troops. None of this flies with liberals who lose interest when their party behaves poorly. 'More self sabotage by the Dems than the GOP' is purely perception.
                          Last edited by 5mn_Major; 01-25-2018, 08:06 AM.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

This American Life is a weekly radio show produced by NPR. Available to download as a podcast also.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              OK...I have no idea what The American Life is.
                              This American Life. It's very good.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                OK...I have no idea what The American Life is. But that whole schtick of 'popular stances and self sabotaging implementation' is at minimum misleading. Does the GOP not have popular stances? Small government. Pro jobs. Freedom. Yeah. Does the GOP not have self sabotaging implementation? By the boatloads.

The primary difference is that the GOP is quicker to say 'screw you' to anyone who is not a card carrying member. And the GOP have no hesitation in totally sabotaging any constructive actions by the Dems and in totally flaming the Dems at every turn - because that rallies the troops. None of this flies with liberals who lose interest when their party behaves poorly. 'More self sabotage by the Dems than the GOP' is purely perception.
                                Small government isn't really popular anymore at least in terms of things like healthcare, cutting medicaid/SS, gutting the EPA, and things like that. They aren't pro-jobs, at least not jobs that pay above the poverty line. Freedom... hahahahahaha.

The problem is the dems are too incompetent with their messaging (and more recently their strategy with the recent shutdown and trusting McConnell) to get these points across and that's where the sabotaging implementation argument comes in.

Comment

Working...
                                X