Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1001

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers

  1. #981
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,511

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told an overseas audience this week that her 2016 election loss came at the hands of "backwards"-looking voters who "didn't like black people getting rights" or women in the workplace.

    https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ackwards-voter
    That was nice of her to put it so gently and not hurt your feefees.

  2. #982

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,343

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told an overseas audience this week that her 2016 election loss came at the hands of "backwards"-looking voters who "didn't like black people getting rights" or women in the workplace.
    Butt hurt is a great look for a public figure.

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  3. #983

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,343

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    That was nice of her to put it so gently and not hurt your feefees.
    Well, she didn't mention they're all lazy, unemployable, didn't apply themselves in school, and only survive because of welfare. So, restraint.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  4. #984
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,001

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    She ran for the wrong job.

    What can one say???

  5. #985
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Well, she didn't mention they're all lazy, unemployable, didn't apply themselves in school, and only survive because of welfare. So, restraint.
    It's going to be tricky surgery carving out the 33% while at the same time convincing the ultra picky 66% to actually vote. I wish the Democrats luck. They don't have to convince me.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  6. #986
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,518

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    I think folks are too hard on Hillary. By any measure, she was one of the most qualified first time candidates ever, she was quite popular (sure she was hated in some circles but so was Obama), and without Comey, she'd be probably be the president heroine of the Dem party. Also do not underestimate how strong of a candidate Trump was due to name and familiarity. Regardless when people get to Hillary's (and Trump's) age they're just going to periodically say stupid stuff.
    Last edited by 5mn_Major; 03-13-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Go Gophers!

  7. #987
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told an overseas audience this week that her 2016 election loss came at the hands of "backwards"-looking voters who "didn't like black people getting rights" or women in the workplace.

    https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ackwards-voter
    and? she's not wrong.

  8. #988

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,220
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    and? she's not wrong.
    But she still lost and needs to enter the acceptance phase of grief.

    I also read on yesterday's WaPo the the superdelegate role will be diminished in the next round of the primaries. This may not be a good thing.

    Let me explain why. If the primary process goes off the rails and the silly party wing takes control, you need a dam to stop the flood. The center (left/right) needs to maintain control of the apparatus and nominate some likeable person who does not rock the boat.

  9. #989
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    But she still lost and needs to enter the acceptance phase of grief.

    I also read on yesterday's WaPo the the superdelegate role will be diminished in the next round of the primaries. This may not be a good thing.

    Let me explain why. If the primary process goes off the rails and the silly party wing takes control, you need a dam to stop the flood. The center (left/right) needs to maintain control of the apparatus and nominate some likeable person who does not rock the boat.
    She'll finish the grieving process on her on time. She may never finish it. That's up to her.

    As for where the Democrats end up and who the nominee is, I wouldn't count on anything center holding anything in check. The center is lost.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  10. #990
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    and? she's not wrong.
    She's still missing the point unsurprisingly and blaming everyone but herself for losing the easiest election of all time.

  11. #991
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    She's still missing the point unsurprisingly and blaming everyone but herself for losing the easiest election of all time.
    rotflmao

    So, if you were on the ballot it was a lock? Cause that's what everyone seems to think.

    Again. For the 6 millionth time.

    Mondale
    Dukakis
    Gore
    Kerry

    Not so simple.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  12. #992
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    But she still lost and needs to enter the acceptance phase of grief.

    I also read on yesterday's WaPo the the superdelegate role will be diminished in the next round of the primaries. This may not be a good thing.

    Let me explain why. If the primary process goes off the rails and the silly party wing takes control, you need a dam to stop the flood. The center (left/right) needs to maintain control of the apparatus and nominate some likeable person who does not rock the boat.
    worry about your own dumpster fire.

  13. #993
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    But she still lost and needs to enter the acceptance phase of grief.

    I also read on yesterday's WaPo the the superdelegate role will be diminished in the next round of the primaries. This may not be a good thing.

    Let me explain why. If the primary process goes off the rails and the silly party wing takes control, you need a dam to stop the flood. The center (left/right) needs to maintain control of the apparatus and nominate some likeable person who does not rock the boat.
    Your party won by presenting a lunatic who ran on draining the swamp and getting rid of the status quo. But the Dems totally should just do the status quo... hmmmm thanks for the concern trolling.

  14. #994
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    She's still missing the point unsurprisingly and blaming everyone but herself for losing the easiest election of all time.
    James Comey cost her the election

  15. #995
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Your party won by presenting a lunatic who ran on draining the swamp and getting rid of the status quo. But the Dems totally should just do the status quo... hmmmm thanks for the concern trolling.
    And he's lost none of his base. If a Democrat pulled what he's pulled (the lying, the flip flopping) they'd be done.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  16. #996
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    rotflmao

    So, if you were on the ballot it was a lock? Cause that's what everyone seems to think.

    Again. For the 6 millionth time.

    Mondale
    Dukakis
    Gore
    Kerry

    Not so simple.
    Yes I know the DCCC/DNC etc. are incompetent thanks for the reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And he's lost none of his base. If a Democrat pulled what he's pulled (the lying, the flip flopping) they'd be done.
    Well yeah, they actually pay attention to facts and want the person they elected to do what they said they would. Obama didn't and lost a ton of power in 2010 and beyond. Ideally we get someone who runs a similar campaign and actually delivers on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    James Comey cost her the election
    That certainly didn't help but listening to her moron consultants who thought the party wanted 3rd way incrementalism probably was the bigger factor. I don't think Comey is what caused her base to not show up, she's had like 100000 faux scandals that's nothing new.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 03-13-2018 at 10:48 AM.

  17. #997
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Well yeah, they actually pay attention to facts and want the person they elected to do what they said they would. Obama didn't and lost a ton of power in 2010 and beyond. Ideally we get someone who runs a similar campaign and actually delivers on it.
    Obama did everything he could. To think otherwise is a myth, unrealistic, and will lose the Democrats more elections to Trump like GOP figures.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  18. #998
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Obama did everything he could. To think otherwise is a myth, unrealistic, and will lose the Democrats more elections to Trump like GOP figures.
    Wrong, this is a hilariously bad take.

  19. #999
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Wrong
    Prove it.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  20. #1000
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Prove it.
    https://peoplespolicyproject.org/201...ma-presidency/

    Just to start.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •