Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    How much did being Jewish hurt Bernie?
    Not at all. The (((Echo Through History))) f-cktards are all in the GOP.

Calling people who didn't like Bernie "anti-semitic" was just the flipside of calling people who didn't like Hillary "sexist."
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-08-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    but.... rover guaranteed a dem white wash!!!! the rep party was going to end and blow away.

now this?!?!?!

I vastly underestimated the "cut off your nose to spite your face" whininess amongst the Dems. Proves that I'm a mere mortal after all! As you may recall, Chump got about the same votes Goopers usually get. Its basically the Dems that decided things such as control of the SCOTUS for example didn't matter to them as much as it did to the knuckledraggers.

Regarding Zuckerberg, I would assume a lot of rich guys are looking at Trump and saying "hey, I'm richer than that guy and a lot less insane. ITS MY TURN". Dude's welcome to run and make his case. I for one would keep an open mind in regards to voting for him.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Regarding Zuckerberg, I would assume a lot of rich guys are looking at Trump and saying "hey, I'm richer than that guy and a lot less insane. ITS MY TURN". Dude's welcome to run and make his case. I for one would keep an open mind in regards to voting for him.
    I'm sure every billionaire in the US is thinking, "well, if that f-ckwit can do it..."

Zuckerberg would be wise to watch Coriolanus before entering politics, but his attempts to fake being religious have been amusing enough to let him run.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Oh man The South would have a field day with that! Sadly the Blacks would have an issue with it as well :/
    I can already picture Breitbart going full Stormfront on the bit.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I'm sure every billionaire in the US is thinking, "well, if that f-ckwit can do it..."

Zuckerberg would be wise to watch Coriolanus before entering politics, but his attempts to fake being religious have been amusing enough to let him run.
    Sometimes you get religion after the kids come along. Just sayin'
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Plus his wife is cute

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Isn't that Trump too though?

(I'm not advocating for Zuckerberg to run in any way)
    I think with Trump you either love him or hate him for most people, where with Zuckerberg you either think he's okay or mildly dislike him. I think Zuckerberg is similar to LeBron James in wanting to be something he isn't. It seems he would like to be cool/witty/whatever but he's just a nerdy guy who made a lot of money.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

The dummies, maybe, but Z looks like a guy with an answer for everything and he'd long worked out that the Magic Book was just a tool to keep the schlubs quiescent. Everybody on the AP track knows this by 11th grade.

Plus the guy has (one of his few redeeming features) a solid classical education, so he completely understands comparative history. The moment you see the conga line of religions through the ages and their socio-political roots and functions, the Myth Of The Week goes out the window.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Its basically the Dems that decided things such as control of the SCOTUS for example didn't matter to them as much as it did to the knuckledraggers.
    Isn't Obama somewhat to blame for that as well?

But I agree with you, I remember mentioning something along these lines to my 3rd party voting brother and his response was basically, "oh yeah...".

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    How much did being Jewish hurt Bernie? The only people that are going to care are the hardcore racists like joe and Wisko that may feign like they'd consider a D, but are never going to under any(and thanks to this past year, we can now put extra emphasis on 'any') circumstance anyway. Even now, people are mostly fine with Jared and Ivanka having a ton of power(or at least in theory they could if they had a little more intelligence).

Plus, he claimed he was an atheist for a long time, until he decided he wanted to be president, and then made a big show of getting positive press for celebrating Christmas because 'religion is very important to him'. In other words, he's a politician.

Don't get me wrong, Zuck is 100% guaranteed to crash and burn in hilarious fashion, but a religion he's too spectrum-y to care about won't be the reason.
    Bernie was the Primaries...I dont know if you know this but it isnt the Dems that are going to be the one upset with a Jew. Nice try though...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think with Trump you either love him or hate him for most people, where with Zuckerberg you either think he's okay or mildly dislike him. I think Zuckerberg is similar to LeBron James in wanting to be something he isn't. It seems he would like to be cool/witty/whatever but he's just a nerdy guy who made a lot of money.
    Let me guess...the only actual info you have about Zuckerberg is what you saw in The Social Network...cause honestly he never is "trying to be cool".
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Bernie was the Primaries...I dont know if you know this but it isnt the Dems that are going to be the one upset with a Jew. Nice try though...
    No but unless Dems are gonna try and replicate the gain 2 racist voters from Alabama strategy again this ultimately doesn't matter. Unless independents are mostly anti-semitic or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Folks seem to feel that Hillary got beat embarrassingly and that Obama beat Romney rather embarrassingly. Its important to remember that nearly the same number of people voted (i.e., wanted) Hillary for president as did Obama for president in 2012.
    I thought dems not showing up was the issue this time around

When you say "nearly" was that the difference between the tighter swing states?
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-08-2017 at 02:01 PM.

What everyone forgets is the Democrats could get a million more votes next time than Hillary did and still lose. Having more turnout in New York and California does nothing.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Well that's nothing new, with the stupid electoral college set up we have it will always come down to those few swing states (some of which I'm beginning to wonder if they're even swing states anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Plus his wife is cute
    http://www.pearlevision.com/pv-us/sc...exam/eye-exams
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    No but unless Dems are gonna try and replicate the gain 2 racist voters from Alabama strategy again this ultimately doesn't matter. Unless independents are mostly anti-semitic or something.
    Sure it does. Bernie didnt have to deal with Anti-Semitism because his opponent and her supporters arent Anti-Semitic. If he had won the Primaries it would have taken all of a month before comments on his being Jewish would have been out in front. The Evangelicals would have thrown a fit cause he doesnt believe in the Hippy Black Man with Holes in His Hands, the Catholics would have hated him for not worshiping at the feet of the Pontiff, the Black Muslims would have thrown a fit because they hate Jews for a variety of reasons, the Wackos would have gone after him because of the Worldwide Jewish Conspiracy, oil companies would freak because of how A Jew would upset interests in the Middle East cause of Israel...etc. None of those people are part of the Democratic Primary Voter Block so we heard none of it. It is just a different animal. (sort of like how Dems werent going after Hillary as a woman but as soon as she won EVERYONE was)

Look you can discount me on anything else but I GUARANTEE I know more about how Jews get viewed by the average person than you do. I have been, many times, the first Jewish person someone has met and the things I have heard are pretty crazy. Hell look how much flack JFK got and he was Catholic...Jews are a completely different animal.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Well that's nothing new, with the stupid electoral college set up we have it will always come down to those few swing states (some of which I'm beginning to wonder if they're even swing states anymore).
    Well, you can't fix the stupid Electoral College unless the Dems start winning in more states.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Look you can discount me on anything else but I GUARANTEE I know more about how Jews get viewed by the average person than you do. I have been, many times, the first Jewish person someone has met and the things I have heard are pretty crazy.
    Well, dude, if you would only stop drinking the blood of Christian babies...

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Look you can discount me on anything else but I GUARANTEE I know more about how Jews get viewed by the average person than you do. I have been, many times, the first Jewish person someone has met and the things I have heard are pretty crazy. Hell look how much flack JFK got and he was Catholic...Jews are a completely different animal.
    Anecdotally I have no argument obviously. I just don't know big picture wise how much it would matter here in terms of that slim difference that cost the dems the recent election. You bring up Israel but literally every politician has had horrible views on that subject including Bernie as far as I can tell. Pretty sure some Illinois governor running mate (D) got canned because he supported the Palestinian strategy of boycotting Israeli businesses actually.

Obviously the GOP would attack this I have no doubt about that but I don't think that solely would cost him the election. He'd have to make bigger mistakes than that to lose to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Well, you can't fix the stupid Electoral College unless the Dems start winning in more states.
    Very true.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-08-2017 at 03:20 PM.

lucky penguin

I dont know if you know this but it isnt the Dems that are going to be the one upset with a Jew.
    Out of all of the people that are going to be upset by it, how many voted for Obama? Somewhere between zero and zero.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Thread Information