X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    The fact that most people in Chicago hate him disqualifies him.
    9/10 in NY voted against Trump.

Not saying Emmanuel actually has a chance but just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      9/10 in NY voted against Trump.

Not saying Emmanuel actually has a chance but just saying.
      There and California....

How did rural NY/CA do in Trump v Hillary??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Black voters 25 and under supported him more than Clinton so this is a factually incorrect statement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...rimary-n580996
        So he picked up a net what?? "23" votes
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          There and California....

How did rural NY/CA do in Trump v Hillary??
          The opposite of how urban TX/FL went. What's your point.
          Last edited by Kepler; 09-21-2017, 06:58 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The opposite of how urban TX/FL went. What's your point.
            Well ya see the system works because the rural voters won!

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              word

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Point made. The Ds have been the darlings of the liberal sophisticated that inhabit cities and, it appears, chat rooms.

They've lost (or ignored or belittled) the Average Joes.

It didn't used to be that way.

The GOP, on the other hand, fawns all over the Average Joes during an election cycle, but then ignores them. That works for a while until the Joes figure it out and throw those ignoramuses out, put in the Ds for a cycle or two, and then put new GOP in who promise to love them.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Why tD won? He played to the Average Joe, even though he is of the patrician class. FDR played the same playbook, though party discipline was better in those days and he rammed through a whole bunch of stuff, some good, some unconstitutional through Congress. The patricians of that time (republican in leanings) regarded FDR as some sort of kook and communist.

We've done a 180 in 84 years. We have a right leaning patrician in the WH and the liberal establishment regards him as a kook and a communist. The big difference is that party discipline has gone the way of the dodo and nothing gets done legislatively.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Point made. The Ds have been the darlings of the liberal sophisticated that inhabit cities and, it appears, chat rooms.

The GOP, on the other hand, fawns all over the Average Joes during an election cycle, but then ignores them. That works for a while until the Joes figure it out and throw those ignoramuses out, put in the Ds for a cycle or two, and then put new GOP in who promise to love them.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Why tD won? He played to the Average Joe, even though he is of the patrician class. FDR played the same playbook, though party discipline was better in those days and he rammed through a whole bunch of stuff, some good, some unconstitutional through Congress. The patricians of that time (republican in leanings) regarded FDR as some sort of kook and communist.

We've done a 180 in 84 years. We have a right leaning patrician in the WH and the liberal establishment regards him as a kook and a communist. The big difference is that party discipline has gone the way of the dodo and nothing gets done legislatively.
                  The average Joe is a city dweller, Joe. This country is 80 percent urbanized. A senate and electoral college that values land more than people is what keeps the current GOP viable.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Lather, rinse, repeat.

How has it ignored them? The Dems are still the party of the laborer. The GOP has done such a great job at selling you on this. They pay lip service to them and then bend them over the table and **** them. You've bought into it hook, line, and sinker.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The GOP, on the other hand, fawns all over the Average Joes during an election cycle, but then ignores them.
                      Sadly I don't disagree with this part, Obama was one of the better liberal presidents and he basically did this with his economic policies.
                      Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      The Dems are still the party of the laborer.
                      Lol!

The GOP is far worse about this don't get me wrong, it'd be a false equivalency of the highest magnitude to argue otherwise. But the dems aren't really doing anything for the working class/poor and haven't for a long time. Especially with minorities.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-21-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        But the dems aren't really doing anything for the working class/poor and haven't for a long time. Especially with minorities.
                        Disagree with this with two examples. First the ACA massively expanded Medicaid. That benefits the working class/poor. Second Dodd-Frank enacted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The uber rich aren't the ones taking advantage of the protections that this Elisabeth Warren creation conveys on the populace.

I know you're a staunch liberal but you really do a disservice to the cause if you're not going to acknowledge victories when they come about. As I said before, it plays right into the hands of the knuckledraggers who want to argue that the gubmint ain't a doin' nuttin for no one except grabbing gunz.

Now if you want to argue the Dems haven't done anything jobs wise for these people, sure, but I don't think that's a problem anybody has a solution for yet as opposed to ignoring it.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          How has it ignored them? The Dems are still the party of the laborer. The GOP has done such a great job at selling you on this. They pay lip service to them and then bend them over the table and **** them. You've bought into it hook, line, and sinker.
                          re Read paragraph 4.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Disagree with this with two examples. First the ACA massively expanded Medicaid. That benefits the working class/poor. Second Dodd-Frank enacted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The uber rich aren't the ones taking advantage of the protections that this Elisabeth Warren creation conveys on the populace....
                            herein lies your problem. 'working' class don't see themselves as being in or needing any "aid" program. THAT is for the browns coming over the wall. while you are right, the framing of it creates your issues (issue being, of course, tD getting your traditional voters. and to an extent W before him). white bubba worker isn't in the same boat as those needed aid. he prolly is, but if you put a mirror in front of him you are going to have something happen that isn't what you want or need.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              herein lies your problem. 'working' class don't see themselves as being in or needing any "aid" program. THAT is for the browns coming over the wall. while you are right, the framing of it creates your issues (issue being, of course, tD getting your traditional voters. and to an extent W before him). white bubba worker isn't in the same boat as those needed aid. he prolly is, but if you put a mirror in front of him you are going to have something happen that isn't what you want or need.
                              Mostly I agree, up until someone threatens to take it away. Case in point, the stunning lack of appeal of any Obamacare repeal effort. I'd also point out the auto industry bail out. Where Dems fail, somewhat repeatedly, is an ability to run on things they've actually done before moving on to something else. Sometimes its okay to spike the football. In Obama's successful re-election effort, voters in MI and OH were reminded continuously of Romney's position on the US auto industry vs Obama's actual accomplishment. Of course you can't keep going back to the well, but Goopers have handed the Dems a simple but effective issue. If you re-elect a GOP Congress, they will eventually take away your Medicare/Medicaid and give it to billionaires in the form of a tax cut. The desire is there, all they need are the numbers.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Disagree with this with two examples. First the ACA massively expanded Medicaid. That benefits the working class/poor. Second Dodd-Frank enacted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The uber rich aren't the ones taking advantage of the protections that this Elisabeth Warren creation conveys on the populace.

I know you're a staunch liberal but you really do a disservice to the cause if you're not going to acknowledge victories when they come about. As I said before, it plays right into the hands of the knuckledraggers who want to argue that the gubmint ain't a doin' nuttin for no one except grabbing gunz.

Now if you want to argue the Dems haven't done anything jobs wise for these people, sure, but I don't think that's a problem anybody has a solution for yet as opposed to ignoring it.
                                Yeah, ACA, the signature piece of legislation by the dems where they negotiated against themselves and gave us healthcare that we were forced to buy through private insurance companies. I mean yeah it's better than what Trump is trying to give us and better than what it was previously but they could've and should've done a lot better than that. It basically explains why 2010 was such a disaster for dems.

I'll agree that Dodd-Frank is a good piece of legislation from what I understand but remember who got rid of a lot of these protections in the first place.

As far as playing right into knuckle draggers' hands, the dem establishment/centrists have done a far better job of this as recent history has shown.
                                Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-21-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X