Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    So now your belief is that only uneducated people are racist? How many of the marchers were College Republicans? When was the last time you spent any meaningful time on a college campus?

Where is Brent when I need him? I believe it is his friend who went to a hockey game at Minnesota and had some racist stuff chanted his way. Those are educated students at a liberal college in a liberal city in a liberal state. Trust me when I say this, you can be highly educated and still have very ignorant thoughts. Degrees /= progressive thoughts.
    I *think* that was the former poster known as Darkness (MTU grad). The MN fans also threw open BBQ packets at the MTU fans.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I *think* that was the former poster known as Darkness (MTU grad). The MN fans also threw open BBQ packets at the MTU fans.
      I believe you are correct. Didnt someone post video of it on Youtube? I swear I saw it...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Gosh, I forgot about that incident. That was 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          You won't find a single person who understands statistical modeling who will disagree with your statement. The problem with the anti-stats arguments I have heard and read is they attack a strawman. Anybody who truly understands statistics also understands issues of probability, accuracy, relevance, repeatability, dependence and independence, prediction vs description, robustness, noise, error and significance.
          That and the fact that 34% =/= 0%.

Comment

I love stats but people worship them over what actually happens in games.
            I've never met anybody who does.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I believe you are correct. Didnt someone post video of it on Youtube? I swear I saw it...
              Pretty sure there was video of it on youtube. They sent in a copy to the MN Admin, and most of the students involved were ID'd and banned from future games, IIRC.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So now your belief is that only uneducated people are racist? How many of the marchers were College Republicans? When was the last time you spent any meaningful time on a college campus?

Where is Brent when I need him? I believe it is his friend who went to a hockey game at Minnesota and had some racist stuff chanted his way. Those are educated students at a liberal college in a liberal city in a liberal state. Trust me when I say this, you can be highly educated and still have very ignorant thoughts. Degrees /= progressive thoughts.
                Tendencies are not absolutes.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, it's on. Republicans say it's unlawful. The Courts threw DAPA out which would have expanded DACA to more kids and their parents. Now they're getting sued over ending DACA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/u...imes&smtyp=cur

WASHINGTON — As secretary of Homeland Security in 2012, Janet Napolitano created DACA, the federal program that protected more than 800,000 young, undocumented immigrants from deportation and allowed them to work legally in the United States.

Now, as the president of the sprawling University of California system, she is suing President Trump to save it.

Lawyers for Ms. Napolitano and the school system she leads, which serves 238,000 students across ten campuses, filed a lawsuit on Friday in federal court accusing Trump officials of violating administrative procedures and constitutional due process requirements by abruptly ending the program, known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
                  With two Thomas's on the Court I'm betting on the anti-immigrant side.

Here's background.

https://www.calendow.org/supreme-cou...uling-means-2/

DAPA and expanded DACA are not dead. The Supreme Court did not rule on the merits of these programs, but rather merely whether the injunction that blocked them from going forward should be lifted. The 4-4 deadlock in the Court sets no national precedent. A legal battle over the merits of DAPA and the DACA expansion is only now beginning, with appeals and counter-appeals likely to follow. Much may depend on what the next President chooses to do.
                  President Obama, in his remarks following the announcement of the Supreme Court’s deadlock, said that “the people who might have benefitted from the expanded deferred action policies — long-term residents raising children who are Americans or legal residents — will remain low priorities for enforcement.” While not as reassuring as having a work permit, the President signalled that no new enforcement effort will be aimed that those who would have qualified or DAPA or an expanded DACA.
                  The Supreme Court’s deadlock does not change the 2012 DACA policy. Individuals who have already enrolled in the DACA program won’t be kicked out because of last week’s events.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think Separation of Powers is a good thing.

Congress needs to grow a set and start being a legislative body instead of a retirement home for hot air enthusiasts.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Congress needs to grow a set and start being a legislative body instead of a retirement home for hot air enthusiasts.
                      You can blame Turtle Boy for nothing getting done in Congress the last 6+ years. It's all on him.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We agree completely. A resurgence of Legislative power and strength to combat the Executive would go a long way towards ridding our government of dysfunction.

I wonder if increasing the size of both SCOTUS and the District Courts would help too, to take the air out of the "all or nothing" ball whenever one of them croaks. Say, make the Court number 17 with a 20-year term limit.

But still, nothing happens without campaign finance reform. Who cares whether Congress is strong and assertive if they're still just a bunch of stenographers for the investor class?
                        Cornell University

Comment

While we're hashing over numbers Pat the Gadfly lays into the GOP Congressional leadership.

http://buchanan.org/blog/trump-dumps...ongress-127627
                          I thought he died. foo.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Yep, the Orcs sure are dying off. Right, Kep?

https://thinkprogress.org/limbaugh-t...-cb3fb5fb35b8/

So glad coal is back.
                          I really wanted him to believe what he was saying. Then it would be Darwin and humanity 1- ignorant shock jocks 0 (or -1 to be more exact)

There's that and there's also this.

The right is starting to run out of uneducated people. As long as Americans continue to be better educated than their parents, the country will continue to move leftward. That is not because liberalism is inherently more intellectually rigorous than conservatism, but because what passes for "conservatism" in the US is just reactionary authoritarianism, and that is extremely susceptible to education because it rests on ignorance and fear.

As Americans become more educated the real beneficiary will be the right because conservatism will start to move back towards the principled, intellectual conservatism before the Culture War. The right has taken a vacation from thinking these last fifty or so years, but the vacation is ending. Since obviously the right will adapt rather than die, we will eventually see a right that is no longer reactionary and fascistic but creative and liberating -- a right worth voting for, in fact. But until that happens they will be the same sad sack sadists of the last several generations.
                          See below
                          Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Well they're trying to fix that with Betsy as well as in all the knuckle-dragger states (looking at you Kansas and WI). I'd like to share your optimism here but as college costs go up and no remedy is available to make it more accessible I'm not sure there's any reason to be. I haven't read the whole article but does it state whether more people are going to college on average than say 10-20 years ago (obviously it's increased since the baby boomer era)?

Sports are WAY too complicated for the scientific process to apply you see, even though they use it to explain way more difficult phenomena...

Comment

Those are educated students at a liberal college in a liberal city in a liberal state. Trust me when I say this, you can be highly educated and still have very ignorant thoughts. Degrees /= progressive thoughts.
                            Minnesota's liberal strain must come from all those Norwegians and Swedes who descended from some of the last pagan holdouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Left wing ideology: "Anyone who disagrees with me is a racist."
                              So true
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

You won't find a single person who understands statistical modeling who will disagree with your statement. The problem with the anti-stats arguments I have heard and read is they attack a strawman. Anybody who truly understands statistics also understands issues of probability, accuracy, relevance, repeatability, dependence and independence, prediction vs description, robustness, noise, error and significance.
                                kep read michael lewis' book on kahneman & tversky? mookie found it quite interesting
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X