Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    joe doesnt care...the Constitution only matters when it protects the things he cares about. For everything else God has the only say. Personally I think any judge who even hints they rely on the Bible for their rulings should be disqualified.

Brings p an interesting question though...can you claim persecution when you are screaming at the top of your lungs "Hey persecute me!"
    Ask Jesse and Al
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      So some groups can only care about colored folks? But joe can't care about Catholic folks?
      Who only cares about "colored folks"? Did you fall down the stairs again? You really should get checked for a concussion

And joe can care about whoever he likes. I just think he is completely disingenuous when he tries to pretend he cares about the issue and in reality he only cares about one group being affected by the issue.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Ask Jesse and Al
        Is someone in here saying they are any different? Seriously you gotta get that head wound checked out the voices in your head are making you more batty than usual
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Is someone in here saying they are any different? Seriously you gotta get that head wound checked out the voices in your head are making you more batty than usual
          But it would be so lonely without them!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well now... http://buchanan.org/blog/trump-dumps...ongress-127627

Michael Savage is already calling Trump a Democrat...

Comment

Yep. Good vote 53% of white women. Good vote.

So, basically he wants the Filibuster destroyed. He figures if he ticks Turtle Boy off by siding with Democrats he'll do it. This isn't about keeping the government open or passing DACA. This is about getting Turtle Boy to make the Democrats squeal.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                So, basically he wants the Filibuster destroyed. He figures if he ticks Turtle Boy off by siding with Democrats he'll do it. This isn't about keeping the government open or passing DACA. This is about getting Turtle Boy to make the Democrats squeal.
                We've talked about this before but in the long run reducing all votes to simple majority would help the good guys. The GOP has effectively used cloture on spending bills as a ratchet to make it easier to achieve their priorities than ours. Nuking the filibuster would certainly increase volatility, but primarily on the liberal side. Conservatives are already able to devastate huge swathes of the population by simple majority. We would create balance by being able to help them by simple majority. And that threat would also rein in the more moderate GOPers from tagging along with the Freedumbers and other rightwing terrorists.

Also: once you get rid of the filibuster the Senate no longer serves any purpose. Since the Senate is inherently undemocratic this is one more step in the long journey towards making America a nation governed by its people rather than dirt and dollars.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  We've talked about this before but in the long run reducing all votes to simple majority would help the good guys. The GOP has effectively used cloture on spending bills as a ratchet to make it easier to achieve their priorities than ours. Nuking the filibuster would certainly increase volatility, but primarily on the liberal side. Conservatives are already able to devastate huge swathes of the population by simple majority. We would create balance by being able to help them by simple majority. And that threat would also rein in the more moderate GOPers from tagging along with the Freedumbers and other rightwing terrorists.

Also: once you get rid of the filibuster the Senate no longer serves any purpose. Since the Senate is inherently undemocratic this is one more step in the long journey towards making America a nation governed by its people rather than dirt and dollars.
                  You do understand this imposes pure Democray to the Legislative Branch. Mob Rules. I don't find that a good thing. I suppose it will be ok with the Courts and Executive but the Courts are going to be Orcville for the next 30 years.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    You do understand this imposes pure Democray to the Legislative Branch.
                    Oh FFS it does not, your exaggerations are ridiculous. Pure democracy is we all show up at the Acropolis on Saturday and vote and the majority decides everything no appeal no exceptions no scope limits.

We will still have a Congress, we will still have political parties, we will still have strong Constitutional protections against the statutory violation of minority rights, we will still have a thousand things preventing the people from actually getting a say in their lives.

Don't worry -- the United States will always be a deeply undemocratic nation. Property will always be far more well protected than human life. That will never change.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 09-08-2017, 09:40 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I don't see that as a good thing.

Our country is not a pure democracy, and it should not be ruled a such. Just because money has wound it's way into the halls of our government should not remove the rights of the minority- be it the individual citizen or the low population state.

I personally can't see how removing the filibuster fixes anything with regard to money and influence. Not at all. As a matter of fact, the way money can manipulate the opinion of the masses/mob, doing that suggests that getting rid of the filibuster makes that bad portion of our system even worse.

Sorry- the Senate is NOT purely democratic, and it's set up intentionally to be that way. That's the entire point. It evens out the speech of the small groups to the speech of the majority. Which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        I don't see that as a good thing.

Our country is not a pure democracy, and it should not be ruled a such. Just because money has wound it's way into the halls of our government should not remove the rights of the minority- be it the individual citizen or the low population state.

I personally can't see how removing the filibuster fixes anything with regard to money and influence. Not at all. As a matter of fact, the way money can manipulate the opinion of the masses/mob, doing that suggests that getting rid of the filibuster makes that bad portion of our system even worse.

Sorry- the Senate is NOT purely democratic, and it's set up intentionally to be that way. That's the entire point. It evens out the speech of the small groups to the speech of the majority. Which is a good thing.
                        Outside of the days where you step into the voting booth, with the POTUS elections excluded, nothing in our republic is a democracy.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Lol, sounds like Christie got denied a cabinet position because he wasn't even more of a scumbag http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3480130

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Lol, sounds like Christie got denied a cabinet position because he wasn't even more of a scumbag http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3480130
                            Nah, Christie is a total scumbag; this just proves he's wishy-washy and vain. You wanna hang with Trump? Then you'd better own it, and not balk when he says offensive/stupid things, because you know he will.

There's no walking the line here.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Nah, Christie is a total scumbag; this just proves he's wishy-washy and vain. You wanna hang with Trump? Then you'd better own it, and not balk when he says offensive/stupid things, because you know he will.

There's no walking the line here.
                              This. Christie's perfidy knows no bottom. He just guessed wrong on that one.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Yep, the Orcs sure are dying off. Right, Kep?

https://thinkprogress.org/limbaugh-t...-cb3fb5fb35b8/

Rush Limbaugh will be evacuating South Florida, just days after the popular conservative radio host claimed that Hurricane Irma would not hit the United States and that scientists and the liberal media were hyping up the hurricane as proof of their global warming “lie.”
                                So glad coal is back.

Comment

Working...
                                X