Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    I think it would have passed. The biggest objection people have to Obamacare is the name. The favorability of the affordable care act is higher than the favorability of Obamacare.
    There oughta be a poll:

1. On a scale of 1-5 with 5 being most favorable, please rate Obamacare.
    2. On a scale of 1-5 with 5 being most favorable, please rate the ACA.
    3. Did you know that Obmacare and the ACA are the same thing?

No changing of answers to 1 and 2.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    The guy with the hoverboard thingy and stroller is proof that douchiness knows no borders.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      How is that statement not anti-Catholic? He insinuated that all Catholics are illegal immigrants.
      A majority of US Catholics are Hispanic. The prejudiced answer is that a majority of the majority are here in less than legal circumstances.

December 12 is a huge day in the Catholic Church particularly on those of Hispanic/Mexican decent. The processions are YUGE!!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        A majority of US Catholics are Hispanic.
        If you are going to assert your ridiculously dumb-a s s false equivalencies, find some actual facts to back up your claim you steaming bigoted moron. As of 2015 the Pew Research Center estimates approximately 34% of US Catholics identify as Latin/Hispanic and 59% identify as non-Hispanic White. Bannon's statement was anti-Catholic, anti-Hispanic and highly bigoted. That you can find any measure of defense of it worth posting tells me you suffer from the same weaknesses and sickness that Bannon suffers from.

Comment

He probably should have said that "a majority of Hispanics in the US identify as Catholic." I have no idea if that is true, but I would guess it's closer to the truth than what he actually said.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            He probably should have said that "a majority of Hispanics in the US identify as Catholic." I have no idea if that is true, but I would guess it's closer to the truth than what he actually said.
            He did not so I take his post at face value. While true that the majority of US Hispanics identify as Catholic, even that likely won't be true in a few more years. As recently as a decade ago, 2/3rds claimed Catholicism as their religion but recent polls put the number at 55%.

Comment

My bad, I should have said a plurality of American Catholics identify as Hispanic, I've seen #s as high as 38% and growing.

Meanwhile, the blatant anti-Catholic questioning by Sens. Feinstein and Durbin of judicial nominee Amy Barrett was left unreported. The quote of the day comes from Sen. Feinstein who said, "The dogma lives loudly within you."

I seem to recall that religious tests to hold public office are just a bit unconstitutional.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

My bad, I should have said a plurality of American Catholics identify as Hispanic, I've seen #s as high as 38% and growing.

Meanwhile, the blatant anti-Catholic questioning by Sens. Feinstein and Durbin of judicial nominee Amy Barrett was left unreported. The quote of the day comes from Sen. Feinstein who said, "The dogma lives loudly within you."

I seem to recall that religious tests to hold public office are just a bit unconstitutional.
                Not unreported if you know about it. I saw it in a number of places.

Why do people post things are not reported when they wouldn't know about them unless they were reported? That drives me crazy. Who decided it was unreported? Obviously someone telling you it hasn't been reported and they are reporting it now so you can be outraged. People falling for that BS make me nuts. /end rant.

Comment

My bad, I should have said a plurality of American Catholics identify as Hispanic...
                  Which is still inaccurate, since 59% > 38%, so the 38% is a minority, not a plurality. A plurality is something that is under 50% but still the largest group.

Comment

It's not anti-Catholic when the nominee herself has stated that judges should make some decisions based on their faith, and not the Constitution or the laws of the country. She's the one who invited the Senate to make an issue of her faith, and how it would play into her decisions as a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Which is still inaccurate, since 59% > 38%, so the 38% is a minority, not a plurality. A plurality is something that is under 50% but still the largest group.
                      not to even mention that those numbers are from 2015 and as mookie checks right now it is 2017
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

While we're hashing over numbers Pat the Gadfly lays into the GOP Congressional leadership.

http://buchanan.org/blog/trump-dumps...ongress-127627
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          http://www.startribune.com/devos-exp...ent/442967983/

Back to boys will be boys.

Congrats to all the ***** grabbers out there.
                          Jesus tapdancing Christ what is wrong with that twat...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Maybe you should try reading news sites that are a bit more mainstream...I know for a fact it was covered.

But of course you only care because the poor Catholic had to face questions about it...if it had been anything else you wouldnt even bat an eye.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Maybe you should try reading news sites that are a bit more mainstream...I know for a fact it was covered.

But of course you only care because the poor Catholic had to face questions about it...if it had been anything else you wouldnt even bat an eye.
                              So some groups can only care about colored folks? But joe can't care about Catholic folks?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                It's not anti-Catholic when the nominee herself has stated that judges should make some decisions based on their faith, and not the Constitution or the laws of the country. She's the one who invited the Senate to make an issue of her faith, and how it would play into her decisions as a judge.
                                joe doesnt care...the Constitution only matters when it protects the things he cares about. For everything else God has the only say. Personally I think any judge who even hints they rely on the Bible for their rulings should be disqualified.

Brings p an interesting question though...can you claim persecution when you are screaming at the top of your lungs "Hey persecute me!"
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X