Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Our troglodyte in chief warned NFL owners tonight to discipline players who "disrespect the flag".

The quote I read was, "get that son of a ****** off the field."
    Never go full dotard.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      This is effectively untrue. Sure, he's probably not good enough to be a starter, and he's not good enough to be a back up on many teams. But there is no question he's beyond good enough to be the back up on plenty of teams. So yes, the reason he isn't being signed IS the protests. Teams look at the risk/reward aspect. Without the protests he most certainly would be earning an NFL paycheck, and depending on the team there would be at least a chance he'd end up as someone's starter. So the protest in fact ARE the reason. Its naive to believe otherwise.
      It's PART of the reason. And again, the reports/rumors are he was offered backup money/slot, and he turned them down. He wants starter money, and he's not gonna get it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I would argue that the national anthem should represent the best of the USA. It doesn't represent the vile people marching in Virginia, and it doesn't represent anyone, cop or not, that kills someone based on his or her ethnicity. That kind of behavior does not represent the kind of America that you want to represent, but it also doesn't represent the kind of behavior that the USA is meant to represent.

I don't have a problem with the protests, it is every individuals right to do so. But, I also think it is short sighted to think that Kap is not being signed just because of his protests. There are many factors contributing to him not being signed, one of which is probably his activism, but that is not the only reason. If you look at Kap's game, his strengths, there are only a few teams that really fit his strengths. If another team signs him, that means reworking the offense, which is a big deal.

I don't think for a minute that Kap should be shut out. And I don't think he is being shutout. NFL teams care about 1 thing, and only 1 thing. Winning. The second Kap represents winning to a team, he's signed.
        Jerry Jones said he would cut any player that didnt stand. (to which if I was Dax I would kneel and force his hand) Do you really think he is the only owner that feels that way?

Look I am not an owner I cant say for sure why Kap isnt playing (nor honestly do I care the NFL is barely on my radar anymore) but I am saying if Sam Bradford is going to be out a couple more weeks I would rather have Kap as my QB than Case Keenum.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As for Trump ripping the NFL...he has hated them since the 1980s. They proved how ineffective he is by destroying the USFL when he was trying to make them mainstream and challenge the NFL.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The guy is definitely good enough to be a starter: http://presnapreads.com/2017/08/29/n...e-2017-season/

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              NFL teams care about 1 thing, and only 1 thing. Money.
              Fixed your post. The NFL is marketed to the orcs and there's money to be made pandering to them. That's true of sports in general (look at all the military cross-marketing), but the NFL is down there among the worst.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Fixed your post. The NFL is marketed to the orcs and there's money to be made pandering to them. That's true of sports in general (look at all the military cross-marketing), but the NFL is down there among the worst.
                Correct. Orc money rules.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Took shots at the NFL last night, and this morning Trump withdraws invitation for Steph Curry to visit the White House because he was "hesitating."

Is he going after MLB, MLS, or NHL next? Or possibly the college ranks?
                  Trump isn't going after MLS because his son is in the DC United youth system. Granted, if he ever figured out how many immigrants and DACA kids his son was playing with and against...
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

How are you sure he's not running an undercover ICE sting?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      How are you sure he's not running an undercover ICE sting?
                      Ask his daughter, he never does anything under covers.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I can't imagine who Trump is appealing to by going after pro-athletes. I mean, is there some rough demographic pattern they represent where he would score points with his supporters by bad mouthing them?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          I can't imagine who Trump is appealing to by going after pro-athletes. I mean, is there some rough demographic pattern they represent where he would score points with his supporters by bad mouthing them?
                          Going after the 'Murica voter. The ones who vilify the anti-anthem players.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Well done!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Hiyoooo!
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So, LeBron James just tweeted:
                                @kingjames: U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
                                Can't wait to see where this leads to...
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X