Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The important thing is the Federal state has no say in the matter. Keep it that way.
    I fully agree TX should go to proportional while the rest are winner take all.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      We'll remember your sacrifice
      To be honest I['m in enough pain right now I would welcome the release.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        When I was in school in Grand Forks, the air base nearby had a "friends" kind of celebration with the local civilian population. They showed off all the toys, including the B1B, stealth fighters and regular fighter aircraft. The B1Bs basically stole the show.

I felt a little like a betrayer, being more of a pacifist, but went out of curiosity. I completely understand why nearly all governments like to strut their military stuff. That kind of raw power has its effect on people.

That was before the gulf war, and you could see most of those aircraft from the highway behind nothing more than chainlink fence. Now nobody gets close to those toys.
        If you want to see something steal the show, watch a F22 fly backwards. Air shows are a recruiting tool in a volunteer military
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Fine. Come to Howard.
          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Stop with the narrative "Fed bad, States good" because there is ample evidence every hour on the hour that the State is just as evil and stupid.
            Yeah, but at least when the state is stupid it's contained.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Not when it affects federal elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                No you cant have different rules for different states, they need to parallel. You cant make it possible that say California or Texas will change the rules at different times to ensure the proportionality they want. The fact that we allow that now is stupid. The Constitution needs to be changed...

Stop with the narrative "Fed bad, States good" because there is ample evidence every hour on the hour that the State is just as evil and stupid.
                Handy

We are the United States, not a Federal Republic. You amend the Constitution that way and you might as well abolish the States and we'll have Pangea.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You can't have every state making its own rules for federally elected officials. Especially when some are clearly rigging the system and have shown they can't be trusted. If the derp states want to be poor forever that's on them but when their stupidity affects the entire nation it's a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    You can't have every state making its own rules for federally elected officials.
                    Oh, I completely agree. If only there were actually such a thing as a "federally elected official."
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

On a similar note, California just passed a bill requiring Presidential candidates release 5 years worth of tax returns to appear on their ballot.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        Oh, I completely agree. If only there were actually such a thing as a "federally elected official."
                        Not sure what you're trying to say here but hopefully people get what I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          We can't nuke the south anymore. I'm in it.
                          Mookie ran into waterstone on Piccadilly this morning and had 8 books in his arms before he remembered he was still having to fly 20k miles in the coming week and wasn't inclined to carry them

One was a novel American War written by an Arab about the next civil war coming in 2070s. Have to figure how to buy it in the ME now.

Brit books stores are awesome. So much stuff available that ain't in a Barnes and nobles
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            They are elected from/by states, not from any federal entity or any federal citizens

Lookit, when one goes and cherry picks there are a number of f Ed up things, but one the whole it works and Mookie is a fan.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              He's saying the direct elections are held by each state, or district within each state, to send senators and reps to Congress, the same with the president.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I mean I get what he's saying but who gets elected from each state (and especially IRT president) has an impact at the federal level and obviously impacts every single state collectively. If they're doing some gerrymandering BS to get a desired outcome that affects officials at the federal level then the states rights argument doesn't hold a lot of water.

Comment

Working...
                                X