Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    If...
    So that's a yes.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      No Korea launches another over Japan, did we shoot it down?
      Just had a B-1B fly over my street at about 2,000 ft. Was not going fast.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        I cant give Don credit for planning anything past his Big Mac lunch. He's never shown any hint of being a strategist. He operates moment by moment on his weird reality show survival instinct.
        The truth is, he doesn't even care about the wall. He just keeps repeating it because he stumbled across a line during his campaign that made the audience cheer really loudly. He's like a Pavlov dog.
        It isnt really planning...it is the same BS children of divorce play with their parents.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Electoral College is not the problem, the way it is implemented is the problem. The "Winner Take All" part of it is ridiculous. I bet we could all figure out 2-3 ways that they could portion out the votes better that would make all the states matter. As it is now very few states matter even with the EC. (Swing States)

Maybe break it down by percentage of vote won in each state or have a set "winner gets X, 2nd gets Y...etc." and figure out all the possible scenarios. This way is just stupid...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            The Electoral College is not the problem, the way it is implemented is the problem. The "Winner Take All" part of it is ridiculous. I bet we could all figure out 2-3 ways that they could portion out the votes better that would make all the states matter. As it is now very few states matter even with the EC. (Swing States)

Maybe break it down by percentage of vote won in each state or have a set "winner gets X, 2nd gets Y...etc." and figure out all the possible scenarios. This way is just stupid...
            The Constitution allows each state to set the method of choosing its electors. Winner take all is one way. What Maine and Nebraska do is another. A third way would be to vote for each elector individually. Proportionality would be another.

The important thing is the Federal state has no say in the matter. Keep it that way.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Just had a B-1B fly over my street at about 2,000 ft. Was not going fast.
              When I was in school in Grand Forks, the air base nearby had a "friends" kind of celebration with the local civilian population. They showed off all the toys, including the B1B, stealth fighters and regular fighter aircraft. The B1Bs basically stole the show.

I felt a little like a betrayer, being more of a pacifist, but went out of curiosity. I completely understand why nearly all governments like to strut their military stuff. That kind of raw power has its effect on people.

That was before the gulf war, and you could see most of those aircraft from the highway behind nothing more than chainlink fence. Now nobody gets close to those toys.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                When I was in school in Grand Forks, the air base nearby had a "friends" kind of celebration with the local civilian population. They showed off all the toys, including the B1B, stealth fighters and regular fighter aircraft. The B1Bs basically stole the show.

I felt a little like a betrayer, being more of a pacifist, but went out of curiosity. I completely understand why nearly all governments like to strut their military stuff. That kind of raw power has its effect on people.

That was before the gulf war, and you could see most of those aircraft from the highway behind nothing more than chainlink fence. Now nobody gets close to those toys.
                Air show at Andrews this weekend. Guess that explains it.

Kep was salivating that maybe his long wished for nuking of the South was about to come to pass.
                Last edited by joecct; 09-14-2017, 07:32 PM.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

I was sitting about 15 rows behind where this video was shot and it is one of coolest things I have seen in my life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsRIbEjlCK0
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    I cant give Don credit for planning anything past his Big Mac lunch. He's never shown any hint of being a strategist. He operates moment by moment on his weird reality show survival instinct.
                    The truth is, he doesn't even care about the wall. He just keeps repeating it because he stumbled across a line during his campaign that made the audience cheer really loudly. He's like a Pavlov dog.
                    He wasn't getting stroked by the GOP so he decided to 'show them. He is like a little bully on the playground. At first everyone is scared then they start to realize the bully is really a wimp with a big mouth. Eventually he figures out no one is on his side. THen they are all stupid anyway.

Spent the day listening to the narrative change over the healthcare bill and the DACA deal. Man. It was worse than a fast moving soap opera. Tweets, counter tweets, from the parties involved and their spokespeople. No one saying the same thing twice. Still, there is no longer a cohesive narrative. Now there are multiple camps on both sides. Divide and conquer I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I was sitting about 15 rows behind where this video was shot and it is one of coolest things I have seen in my life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsRIbEjlCK0
                      The Forever War thanks you.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Air show at Andrews this weekend. Guess that explains it.

Kep was salivating that maybe his long wished for nuking of the South was about to come to pass.
                        We can't nuke the south anymore. I'm in it.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The Forever War thanks you.
                          Haldeman??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Haldeman??
                            Rec'd
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              We can't nuke the south anymore. I'm in it.
                              We'll remember your sacrifice
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The Constitution allows each state to set the method of choosing its electors. Winner take all is one way. What Maine and Nebraska do is another. A third way would be to vote for each elector individually. Proportionality would be another.

The important thing is the Federal state has no say in the matter. Keep it that way.
                                No you cant have different rules for different states, they need to parallel. You cant make it possible that say California or Texas will change the rules at different times to ensure the proportionality they want. The fact that we allow that now is stupid. The Constitution needs to be changed...

Stop with the narrative "Fed bad, States good" because there is ample evidence every hour on the hour that the State is just as evil and stupid.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X