Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The third problem is that the states are still in control of implementation and Medicare for All shares that problem.
    Medicaid for all shares that problem. Medicare is federally run.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Nationalizing an industry puts an Ayn Randian chill in the air.
      Yes, because all those poor European countries with their single payer are just hellholes.

Your GOP scare tactics don't work when you're talking to people who actually see how things work in other countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Those poor buggy-whip makers. Won't anyone feel sorry for them?
        I honest to god almost mentioned the buggy whip makers in my post to. Time moves on whether we like it or not.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Yes, because all those poor European countries with their single payer are just hellholes.

Your GOP scare tactics don't work when you're talking to people who actually see how things work in other countries.
          Australia is miserable as well. All the people I have talked to from other countries like it a lot. With our resources it really could be wonderful.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Duh. How much does your insurance cost you, and your employer?

No more insurance payments. Increase taxes by some amount less than what your insurance was costing you. Healthcare for everyone for less money.
            FEHB ~$160/mo for me. Look it up on the OPM web page what the government pays. Aetna open access.

Not healthcare but health insurance for everyone. You still have to find a doctor who will see you before the change in seasons.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

As I've asked before:

What do you do with all of the current private health insurance companies?

And the people who work for them?
              And their stockholders?

And the businesses they buy from and support?
              And their stockholders?

You've just nationalized an industry and made a previously legal line of business illegal.
              Many countries have supplemental insurance for those who can afford the Cadillac versions. WHen my friend was in Germany everyone had healthcare but they could get a supplemental plan that got them things faster, etc.

Coming in late but at what point do you figure out the amount of $ that are wasted perpetuating a system that denies care for many are costing us all? I would be curious to see what percentage of $ is spent on things like prior auths, vetting orders, people processing orders that are rejected, people who are hired with the only job being to challenge the rejection of payment for things that clearly are covered (insurances deny first claim as standard practice quite a lot and then say oops!).

I had a test ordered by my provider this week. I still do not have an appointment because they needed to call the hospital who then told them they needed to go thru some special little dance with the insurance co, who then put the person thru to 3 different people before finally saying OK. Now they need to call the hospital back to book. up until 3 yrs ago this test was ordered and I booked it myself, every yr. Think about the man hours, cost of them, the time and effort all because every insurance is different and the rules change every 6 months. Wasted money that could have been spent paying for a test.

THe insurance co are so bloated with redundancy. They advertise they are there to take care of you but they are there to make the investors money. So what I want to know is why are we handing them millions we supposedly don't have to perpetuate them making money for money's sake?
              Last edited by leswp1; 09-12-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

As I've asked before:

And their stockholders?

And their stockholders?

You've just nationalized an industry and made a previously legal line of business illegal.
                Ladies and gentlemen, Helen Lovejoy.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The best part? We can put those dip**** CEOs out on the street, figuratively speaking, for making hundreds of millions of dollars on he backs of the sick.

**** them with a chainsaw.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nationalizing an industry puts an Ayn Randian chill in the air.
                    The proper misuse of hyperbole there, would be "Orwellian". No one over the age of 25 should take that delusional old bat and her drab, over-long fondling of the entitled, white, male nerd's superhero complex seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      As I've asked before:

And their stockholders?

And their stockholders?

Every other country on earth already figured this out.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        Every other country on earth already figured this out.
                        Every other country isn't the US. Sometimes fortunately, sometimes not.

We are the greediest, most arrogant country on earth when it comes to the almighty dollar. Sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes it isn't.

Edit: and our society, as a whole, is much different than much of the rest of the world. Look at violence, general crime, lack of revolutions (see: Venezuela or the African continent), etc.

It's very complex, unfortunately.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ma'am, you might want to brush up on your history. Pol Pot. Stalin, the Turkey/Armenian kerfuffle......oh and that guy Alfred? Adam? Something that begins with A. Just sayin':

http://freebeacon.com/politics/joy-r...time-be-human/
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            http://www.canadian-healthcare.org/page4.html

What's so important about private health insurance in America having to downsize jobs for specialization that wasn't important enough to save the jobs in the auto industry, steel industry, etc.
                            First they came for the auto workers
                            Then they came for the steel workers, and I still said nothing
                            Then they came for the private health insurance workers
                            Finally then they came for me!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Every other country isn't the US. Sometimes fortunately, sometimes not.

We are the greediest, most arrogant country on earth when it comes to the almighty dollar. Sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes it isn't.

Edit: and our society, as a whole, is much different than much of the rest of the world. Look at violence, general crime, lack of revolutions (see: Venezuela or the African continent), etc.

It's very complex, unfortunately.
                              Or, fortunately
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                The best part? We can put those dip**** CEOs out on the street, figuratively speaking, for making hundreds of millions of dollars on he backs of the sick.

**** them with a chainsaw.
                                The fundamental flaw with the current game is that the CEOs and Boards do not have a direct financial stake in the company. Your company has a negative cash flow, you take a direct financial hit in your bank account. Positive flow? You are financially rewarded.

Stocks are meaningless until you cash out.

No way a CEO should be paid $45MM when the workers are being laid off.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X