Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yeah, it kinda was. Equal treatment and unity for all people, no matter their color.
    No. People being divided over a protest is not the same as Equal protection. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Quit being Trumpian "both sides".

Jesse Ventura. A Vet. Stands with Kaepernick.

http://www.startribune.com/jesse-ven...mes/447408593/
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-24-2017, 07:18 PM.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This guy is bang on: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...orse-places-us
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Something just occurred to me....

Since when did kneeling become a sign of disrespect? People kneel before deities, monarchs, graves, significant others to propose, Zod, etc....why is it disrespectful to do it in the presence of a flag?
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Since when did kneeling become a sign of disrespect? People kneel before deities, monarchs, graves, significant others to propose, Zod, etc....why is it disrespectful to do it in the presence of a flag?
          It's not disrespect, but it is protest. The children among us believe that anyone who actually protests in any way involving symbols like the anthem or the flag is un-American. Because they're f-cking morons who missed the first thing about being an American.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            No. He's a fool.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's become a domino effect that is now dividing people, rather than uniting them, which was part of the original issue, you know?
              Yeah, what good ever came of a divisive protest?

You are embarrassing yourself. Jesus F-cking Christ, if the protest was not divisive well... there wouldn't be a NEED to protest. The whole point is behavior that far too many people excuse, justify, or even applaud is murdering innocent people.

Maybe the apologists being racist cretins is what's "divisive." If you guys would perhaps stop excusing racist conduct we could all get along. Wanna try that?
              Last edited by Kepler; 09-24-2017, 07:41 PM.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                No. He's a fool.
                Would you rather be a wealthy minority or a poor white person? I don't think it's particularly close what any sane person would choose.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I'm good with kneeling for the anthem. Civil disobedience is largely about breaking rules.
                  Personally, I was sitting in my easy chair in my family room munching on a cold slice of pizza when they played the anthem before the game today.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Yeah and then he took the field and no one batted an eye.
                    Thanks for making my point.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    And yet nobody is talking about AP anymore and everyone is talking about the knee....
                    Because AP's issue happened several years ago. Come on you're better than this.

btw unlike some I fully support these players taking a stance (knee).
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 09-24-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Travel Ban 3: Tee-hee-hee?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Personally, I was sitting in my easy chair in my family room munching on a cold slice of pizza when they played the anthem before the game today.
                        Not a lot of civil disobedience in that either, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Anything short of a full on erection for the flag makes you a commie.

Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Name 'em, Mr "Both sides are equally bad"

You're always saying this, you and drew, and yet, you never go into any details about what those methods might be. .
                            Well, according to some, I am just another dumb white privilege guy who has no idea.

Neighborhood watchgroups, ACLU, outreach programs to help bridge the gap between police and the neighborhoods they patrol. Do I have specific names of those groups? No. Why? I don't live in a neighborhood that has one. Heck, Big Brother program to help steer kids away from street life.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                              I never cease to be amazed at just how frelling stupid can this administration be

see above
                              This doesn't surprise me in one bit.

I seen more political commentators noting that the Republican Party, especially Trump and Co., have been great about getting ahead of things they're doing wrong and loudly blame the opposition for being involved with instead.

Hillary was in cahoots with Russia!
                              Hillary used personal email!
                              Hillary is in bed with Wall Street!
                              Hillary has conflict of interests!
                              Hillary is putting our servicemen and women in harm's way!
                              Hillary doesn't have the stamina to be President!

Every.

Fu**ing.

Thing.

Trump and Co. have done Business Marketing 202 level work by getting well ahead of the news and spinning it before anyone else can use it against Trump.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well, according to some, I am just another dumb white privilege guy who has no idea.

Neighborhood watchgroups, ACLU, outreach programs to help bridge the gap between police and the neighborhoods they patrol. Do I have specific names of those groups? No. Why? I don't live in a neighborhood that has one. Heck, Big Brother program to help steer kids away from street life.
                                That's not protesting. And why the fark would they work with the cops who are the ones killing them?

What's the way you want them to protest? Because violence is out. kneeling is out. So what would you have them do to show their displeasure in a way that makes a point and garners attention for the issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X