Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
    What I take issue with is people thinking his activism in any way qualifies him for a starting NFL job. If he was good enough to beat out a starter, he would. It's a tiny minority of owners who care more about standing for the stupid anthem than about winning the game. Brady is full of ****, as are the "experts" on NPR. It's nonsense. Just because you want something doesn't mean someone has to hand it to you.
    Care to guess how many former pros still think they should be playing? Thousands. The only reason Kap not starting is such a horrific national stain on our honor is because he has the political activist reputation. That's it. Otherwise we wouldn't even remember his name. These careers average something like 4 years.
    The guy is easily better than like 10 currently starting QBs though. Indy, Houston, Jax, Cleveland, Miami, Baltimore, MN w/ injured Bradford, Jets, and that's just what instantly comes to mind. If these teams wanted to get better in the short term they almost certainly could.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      The guy is easily better than like 10 currently starting QBs though. Indy, Houston, Jax, Cleveland, Miami, Baltimore, MN w/ injured Bradford, Jets, and that's just what instantly comes to mind. If these teams wanted to get better in the short term they almost certainly could.
      Vikes sure could have used him.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Where does this code regarding the national anthem come from?

And yeah, it says "should, and not "must" or "are required".
        (Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Vikes sure could have used him.
          Why are there no women QBs in America!! Where's the Scooby outrage
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Where does this code regarding the national anthem come from?

And yeah, it says "should, and not "must" or "are required".
            The Code of Federal Regulations. As others have noted though, it says "should", not "shall".

I'm assuming the people that say players should get a second chance if they commit domestic violence, rape, child abuse, felony DUI, assault, theft, etc...would have no problem with Kaepernick on their team. Wouldn't want people to be under the impression you think kneeling is worse than violent crime...

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            I'd be good with the Vikes getting him if Bradford is going to be out for a while...better than Case ****ing Keenum
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Well, there's Brady

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                Well, there's Brady
                This. No bigger vag anywhere.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Legends Football League
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well, now everyone is thoroughly focused on the next stupid thing he has said what is it he wants us to be distracted from?

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      IF that's true (big if, you're probably comparing a hot streak of years ago to what he could do coming in cold) then I'd have to assume those owners have calculated they'd lose revenue/ticket sales above what they'd gain by increased wins by starting him. That's business, and he should accept that as a potential consequence of becoming an activist. Again, I respect him for doing it but don't cry about the blowback. Nobody can be forced to hire him just because some fans think he'd be an upgrade at QB or they like his politics.
                      Another thing you guys haven't considered is locker room chemistry/team spirit/all that jazz. Do you want someone in there, at an important position, that's all caught up in sticking it to the man rather than doing his job? Why? What's to gain? Let him protest on his own time. Nobody can be forced to give him a stage. Go buy your own stage, this is a football team.
                      I'm just sick of hearing about it. Nobody owes him one of the highest paid jobs in the world just because he has a cause.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        IF that's true (big if, you're probably comparing a hot streak of years ago to what he could do coming in cold) then I'd have to assume those owners have calculated they'd lose revenue/ticket sales above what they'd gain by increased wins by starting him. That's business, and he should accept that as a potential consequence of becoming an activist. Again, I respect him for doing it but don't cry about the blowback. Nobody can be forced to hire him just because some fans think he'd be an upgrade at QB or they like his politics.
                        Another thing you guys haven't considered is locker room chemistry/team spirit/all that jazz. Do you want someone in there, at an important position, that's all caught up in sticking it to the man rather than doing his job? Why? What's to gain? Let him protest on his own time. Nobody can be forced to give him a stage. Go buy your own stage, this is a football team.
                        I'm just sick of hearing about it. Nobody owes him one of the highest paid jobs in the world just because he has a cause.
                        I haven't really heard him complaining (could have missed it). I have heard other players complaining. I imagine they are considering the implications if they stay silent. Even when he was part of a team it seemed as if the nutjobs were much more visible than he was. THey were the ones creating all the press. He made statements but until people lost their stuff I don't think he was on a massive publicity push (again, I may have missed it). I saw him interviewed about it only after people were so reactive and saying all sorts of crazy stuff. They were the ones who created the stage. If they ignored it nothing big would have happened IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Do we really think the jaguars or browns would lose money by having a more successful team? Or most teams for that matter? I kinda have my doubts. Now coming in cold and learning a playbook with no training camp you might have a point . My evaluation of him has more to do with how bad his quality of teammates is and what he was able to do offensively with them.

The other thing you need to realize is that there is probably at least one Kaepernick on every team, there's a lot of black players and many accept his message I would guess.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-23-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Someone posted on Twitter what Obama said about this issue. Boy I miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              This. No bigger vag anywhere.
                              There's a far larger one in Green Bay.

cc: trix - NFL owners are in the business of winning. If Kap could help a team win right now he'd be starting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                There's a far larger one in Green Bay.

cc: trix - NFL owners are in the business of winning. If Kap could help a team win right now he'd be starting for them.
                                All pro sports are in the business of making money. That doesn't always mean they have to win. Saw this first hand in Hockey where players with up-down contracts playing well, have better numbers than the guy who has the NHL contract but get sent down for a few games- just to keep them at lower pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X