Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Huckabee Sanders said it's totally ridiculous that the US declared war on North Korea. "The US has 'not declared war on North Korea, and frankly the suggestion of that is absurd."

I really don't think she grasps the magnitude of what path we're going down here. When do the adults get to take the wheel of this clown car?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sorry big blue but your arguments for like half the QBs you listed are dependent on one single recent game and not their entire careers. So there's a lot of small sample recency bias there. Sure Case Keenum was good but it was one game and he's been pretty bad for a while. Bortles is pretty terrible and there was talk of him being replaced by Henne. The list goes on and there are probably some teams I forgot.
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-25-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Sorry big blue but your arguments for like half the QBs you listed are dependent on one single recent game and not their entire careers. So there's a lot of small sample recency bias there. Sure Case Keenum was good but it was one game and he's been pretty bad for a while. Bortles is pretty terrible and there was talk of him being replaced by Henne. The list goes on and there are probably some teams I forgot.
        And Kap got beat out by Blaine Gabbert. Blaine Gabbert. He's at the same level as all of those guys, not appreciably better. There are probably 30 QBs in the league, bottom level starters, and backups that are all in a bucket that could reasonably be called "****ty QBs", and they're all essentially interchangeable. Kap's in that group.

edit: And I'm not saying that Kap should be out of the league, he is talented enough to be a bottom tier starter, or a backup. But, if it is true that he turned down backup money, because he wanted to be a starter, then I think he miscalculated his value to a team. If a team were to sign him now, it would be 2-3 weeks before he'd even be ready to play. He'd have to learn the playbook, get practice reps, the offense would likely have to change some things to better agree with his read-option style if they can change at all. From a football standpoint, bringing him in causes issues at this late date. And if he turned down the contracts at an earlier date, when his transition into the team would have been easier, with more time to get it done, then I would say he made a big miscalculation.
        Last edited by bigblue_dl; 09-25-2017, 02:33 PM.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Huckabee Sanders said it's totally ridiculous that the US declared war on North Korea. "The US has 'not declared war on North Korea, and frankly the suggestion of that is absurd."

I really don't think she grasps the magnitude of what path we're going down here. When do the adults get to take the wheel of this clown car?
          Three years, four months from now, that's when.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's amazing how now we're just supposed to ignore what the most powerful man on earth says. It's surreal.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I have no idea the source. Does it really matter? The guy speaks the truth. Take responsibility. If a description comes in: "African-American male, 20-30, short hair, etc" and that's all they have to go on? Snitch that guy. Narrow it down. I would bet dollars to donuts harassment would lessen if people would cooperate with the police.

NOTE: this does NOT excuse the crooked cops, not one bit. Don't even start that with me. Crooked cops, who are still in the MINORITY, deserve all that they get.
              Paid vacation?

Comment

Kap didn't get beat out by Blaine Gabbert, the team was trying to tank and his kneeling drew a lot of attention.

As for the rest of the post I'm guessing you're right about the money aspect but most credible people have him near the middle tiers of QBs in the league. Especially given what he has to work with in SF for receivers.
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-25-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Kap didn't get beat out by Blaine Gabbert, the team was trying to tank and his kneeling drew a lot of attention.
                  Keapernick had two really solid years to start his career, one of them had him looking like a future superstar in the league. Then he fell apart. The team started losing or trading away its supporting cast, and then Kaepernick didn't look so impressive. In fact, he looked downright ordinary. Then when the offensive dismantling was complete, he looked very subpar. That tells me he's probably just an ordinary QB in the NFL. And his style of play isn't one that would fit every team out there.

So if he's an ordinary QB, and the team is going to take a net financial hit because he's bringing with him a legacy of controversy and not necessarily bringing with him any extra Ws, then I'd pass on him as a GM. There are certain headaches you know you can avoid. Blame the fans, if you'd like, for how they see him. If I'm a GM, I don't poke a large portion of my team's fans in their collective eye.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Well, according to some, I am just another dumb white privilege guy who has no idea.

Neighborhood watchgroups, ACLU, outreach programs to help bridge the gap between police and the neighborhoods they patrol. Do I have specific names of those groups? No. Why? I don't live in a neighborhood that has one. Heck, Big Brother program to help steer kids away from street life.
                    Don't many communities have such programs already in place? How's that gonna help stop the epidemic of cops rolling up on an unarmed black person, and shooting them within seconds of arriving?

Start snitching? Please. there's your white privilege asserting itself again. Snitches don't get stitches, snitches get dead. How you can seriously entertain such an idea without living in the communities that these people have to live in is condescension at its highest. You have no idea of what these people have to go through day after day, hell, I have no idea, but I ain't presumptive enough to tell them that everything will get better if they just start snitchin'.

And anyway, the latest story I heard, when some poor woman decided she would do the right thing and report an attempted break-in to the police, the police showed up at her door and shot her dead. So yeah, that's gonna make everything all fine and dandy.

Jesus, you're a clueless *****.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Technically, the US is still at war with North Korea. Has been since 1953.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Don't many communities have such programs already in place? How's that gonna help stop the epidemic of cops rolling up on an unarmed black person, and shooting them within seconds of arriving?

Start snitching? Please. there's your white privilege asserting itself again. Snitches don't get stitches, snitches get dead. How you can seriously entertain such an idea without living in the communities that these people have to live in is condescension at its highest. You have no idea of what these people have to go through day after day, hell, I have no idea, but I ain't presumptive enough to tell them that everything will get better if they just start snitchin'.

And anyway, the latest story I heard, when some poor woman decided she would do the right thing and report an attempted break-in to the police, the police showed up at her door and shot her dead. So yeah, that's gonna make everything all fine and dandy.

Jesus, you're a clueless *****.
                        Hey, take it easy on him, he's just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          Hey, take it easy on him, he's just sayin'.
                          Sorry, I forget, both sides are equally bad.

Perhaps not equally stupid, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Keapernick had two really solid years to start his career, one of them had him looking like a future superstar in the league. Then he fell apart. The team started losing or trading away its supporting cast, and then Kaepernick didn't look so impressive. In fact, he looked downright ordinary. Then when the offensive dismantling was complete, he looked very subpar. That tells me he's probably just an ordinary QB in the NFL. And his style of play isn't one that would fit every team out there.

So if he's an ordinary QB, and the team is going to take a net financial hit because he's bringing with him a legacy of controversy and not necessarily bringing with him any extra Ws, then I'd pass on him as a GM. There are certain headaches you know you can avoid. Blame the fans, if you'd like, for how they see him. If I'm a GM, I don't poke a large portion of my team's fans in their collective eye.
                            Well people who watched him more closely seemed to think he actually got better as a pocket passer in his last season in a fairly complex offense with receivers who can't catch the ball. I'd say this take is fairly nuanced in its approach to analyzing his game: http://presnapreads.com/2017/08/29/nfl-quarterback-tiers-evaluations-ahead-of-the-2017-season/

Also I forgot a few teams. He's probably better than Carson Wentz and Simian (however you spell it. And I almost forgot the guy he replaced in SF, Alex Smith! Does anyone really think Alex smith is better than Kaepernick?

And again the distraction argument is pretty dumb when you consider what types of people NFL teams typically have on them. I already listed a few guys who have literally raped/killed people, beat up their kids, etc. That has to be a far bigger headache one would think.
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-25-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Well people who watched him more closely seemed to think he actually got better as a pocket passer in his last season in a fairly complex offense with receivers who can't catch the ball. I'd say this take is fairly nuanced in its approach to analyzing his game: http://presnapreads.com/2017/08/29/n...e-2017-season/

Also I forgot a few teams. He's probably better than Carson Wentz and Simian (however you spell it. And I almost forgot the guy he replaced in SF, Alex Smith! Does anyone really think Alex smith is better than Kaepernick?
                              He's worse than both Wentz and Smith.

QB ratings from 2016, DYAR from Football Outsiders (yards above replacement level QB)
                              1. Matt Ryan 1885
                              2. Drew Brees 1599
                              3. Kurt Cousins 1317
                              4. Dak Prescott 1302
                              5. Tom Brady 1286
                              6. Aaron Rodgers 1279
                              7. Derek Carr 1164
                              8. Ben Roethlisberger 807
                              9. Matt Stafford 761
                              10. Andy Dalton 738
                              11. Andrew Luck 719
                              12. Alex Smith 688
                              13. Marcus Mariota 681
                              14. Russell Wilson 569
                              15. Jameis Winston 556
                              16. Sam Bradford 510
                              17. Phillip Rivers 498
                              18. Brian Hoyer 404
                              19. Tyrod Taylor 275
                              20. Eli Manning 188
                              21. Carson Palmer 137
                              22. Trevor Siemian 137
                              23. Blake Bortles 52
                              24. Cody Kessler 50
                              25. Ryan Tannehill 10
                              26. Matt Barkley 4
                              27. Carson Wentz -36
                              28. Cam Newton -64
                              29. Colin Kaepernick -145
                              30. Joe Flacco -155
                              31. Case Keenum -183
                              32. Ryan Fitzpatrick -319
                              33. Brock Osweiler -558
                              34. Jared Goff -881

So, he's firmly in that bottom tier starter range, like I expected previously.
                              Last edited by bigblue_dl; 09-25-2017, 03:22 PM.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Technically, the US is still at war with North Korea. Has been since 1953.
                                Orly?

Well sh.t...

The fighting ended on 27 July 1953, when an armistice was signed. The agreement created the Korean Demilitarized Zone to separate North and South Korea, and allowed the return of prisoners. However, no peace treaty has been signed, and according to some sources the two Koreas are technically still at war.[43][44]
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X