Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Most of the people want him to step down. When is he going to defer to their will?
    Most of the people? Based on what, those polls that said Clinton would win in a landslide? And how many of those people are just regurgitating MSM talking points in a robotic manner? The people who want to actually take control of their lives is who he works for, and are what make America great.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Most of the people? Based on what, those polls that said Clinton would win in a landslide? And how many of those people are just regurgitating MSM talking points in a robotic manner? The people who want to actually take control of their lives is who he works for, and are what make America great.
    No he's everyone's president you just said. So he works for all of us, and a majority (Not EC votes) want him gone. Even if the majority is 1 more person.

Even those who voted for him, he has yet to do a single thing to help them. So I'm not sure why they'd want to keep him either.

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    A Mexican standoff between Trump, Ryan/McConnell, and the Freedumbs is going to be a pretty self-destructive way for the GOP to spend the next 14 months.
    Which one will put a wall up first?

No he's everyone's president you just said. So he works for all of us, and a majority (Not EC votes) want him gone. Even if the majority is 1 more person.

Even those who voted for him, he has yet to do a single thing to help them. So I'm not sure why they'd want to keep him either.
    Actually - the Congress has done nothing. Unless you want government by Executive Order, the President can only propose, and the Congress authorizes it.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    4 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16,??? 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Your first mistake was assuming that Flag is capable of having an intelligent conversation. Every other post of his is just an affiliate link to InfoWars conspiracy bait.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Actually - the Congress has done nothing. Unless you want government by Executive Order, the President can only propose, and the Congress authorizes it.
    There's a lot more a president can do than just propose. But I know, you'll conveniently overlook that in Trumpy's case.

And besides, wasn't he the one who ran on a platform that there's something wrong with government, and only he could fix it. But I guess now it's up to other people.

Presidentin' is hard.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Within the EOP this is simply not true. In that domain the President can and does do anything he wants.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    There's a lot more a president can do than just propose. But I know, you'll conveniently overlook that in Trumpy's case.

And besides, wasn't he the one who ran on a platform that there's something wrong with government, and only he could fix it. But I guess now it's up to other people.

Presidentin' is hard.
    Who knew it could be so difficult?!?! I HAD NO IDEA!!!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

You know, I'd be in favor of letting Trump have up to half of the estimated budget for his stupid border wall, if it means we get immigration reform and a tax increase on the rich. We all know the wall will never get finished even if Cheeto gets a full 8 years, and in most places will probably not even be a wall, just a newer fence. I think the White House would be thrilled to be able to claim some progress on SCROTUS' signature campaign promise by Christmas. So, let's see the "Art of the Deal" in action! Get the Dem leadership to float this proposal, and watch Congressional Republicans squirm.

So, you are the Trump,
    Yes the great Donald Trump
    Prove to us that you're "Da best",
    Make a deal and pass the test

If you do that for all,
    You can have your dumb wall
    C'mon you King of the Yuuuuge!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Who knew it could be so difficult?!?! I HAD NO IDEA!!!
    If you want tD to govern by decree like the last guy, then don't object when your pet ox gets gored by fiat. I prefer legislation, checks and balances and the separation of powers.

In a side note, it's primary season in Kep's side of the river. Nobody is mentioning their political party.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    You know, I'd be in favor of letting Trump have up to half of the estimated budget for his stupid border wall, if it means we get immigration reform and a tax increase on the rich. We all know the wall will never get finished even if Cheeto gets a full 8 years, and in most places will probably not even be a wall, just a newer fence. I think the White House would be thrilled to be able to claim some progress on SCROTUS' signature campaign promise by Christmas. So, let's see the "Art of the Deal" in action! Get the Dem leadership to float this proposal, and watch Congressional Republicans squirm.

So, you are the Trump,
    Yes the great Donald Trump
    Prove to us that you're "Da best",
    Make a deal and pass the test

If you do that for all,
    You can have your dumb wall
    C'mon you King of the Yuuuuge!
    Works for me. Maybe the constipated GOP leadership will finally poop and get off the pot.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

If you want tD to govern by decree like the last guy, then don't object when your pet ox gets gored by fiat. I prefer legislation, checks and balances and the separation of powers.

In a side note, it's primary season in Kep's side of the river. Nobody is mentioning their political party.
    I am not the one objecting...his ideas are so stupid either the courts or Congress stops him anyways. If he wants to paper tiger his way through his presidency fine.

My conscious is clear I am not the one sitting around here passively defending him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I am not the one objecting...his ideas are so stupid either the courts or Congress stops him anyways. If he wants to paper tiger his way through his presidency fine.

My conscious is clear I am not the one sitting around here passively defending him.
    Likewise on the previous administration.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    In Electoral College land there is more of THEM than US. And that's not going to change.
    Yup
    Kep needs to move to Alabama and Maria shriver to Idaho (for good, not just 2 months in the summer )

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Most of the people want him to step down. When is he going to defer to their will?
    "Nameless, faceless many!!"

He won't. He will have to be forced out. That way he can keep his ego intact, by not admitting he lost. "His enemies" and "the swamp," and "fake news" sabotaged him. He will never admit defeat or be humble, or do what's actually right.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I have a feeling this is the thread to go to where someone could provide a link.

Looking for the archived 9-11 thread that was "real-time" as things were unfolding. Having trouble finding it on the google. I know it's out there.....

For those that don't know about it, it's a must-read.

Edit: used wrong keywords, actually found it:

http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho911/...0The%20Pg1.htm
    Last edited by Brenthoven; 09-12-2017 at 12:21 AM.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    But in 2010 we were in power.
    So in the end, what effing difference does it make? Democrats ran for for 30 years talking about the crisis our health insurance system was in and Obama finally delivered on the promise with a plan that was leaps and bounds an improvement on what was going on before. Demonstrably, empirically better. He also had more growth in the economy than in the previous 3 years or in any year since in 2010. What did it get us? A republican congress. Which set us up for the disastrous appointment of at least one supreme court justice that has the potential to haunt this nation for at least the next generation. Republicans win, then democrats, than republicans. If we're lucky, the democrats will at least lube up before they ram it up your behind. Too many people are making two very fundamental mistakes when pondering the 2018 elections; one, that it is likely that democrats will take over the house. And two, that it will make much of a difference if they do.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I have a feeling this is the thread to go to where someone could provide a link.

Looking for the archived 9-11 thread that was "real-time" as things were unfolding. Having trouble finding it on the google. I know it's out there.....

For those that don't know about it, it's a must-read.

Edit: used wrong keywords, actually found it:

http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho911/...0The%20Pg1.htm
    There is also this.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    There is also this.
    The link I had was a bit more personal, as a former poster (Ritt) was basically RIGHT THERE, his safety was in question. It was dam scary. These were real people, where many of us on this board knew in person, and at the least, part of the same small world of college hockey, all coming together for info and comfort. That thread, sadly deleted from here, just gets me every time. Truly heartfelt and emotions on sleeves.

Thread Information