Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Finally,
    One of the 32 owners in the NFL has the balls to call it like he sees: NFL Owner Says He Is ‘*********g Livid’ At Players Who Protest The National Anthem

What a brave stance for one of the owners to take in this issue...

Oh.
    What do you suppose the writer's parents tell their friends he does for a living?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Oh my god. I would die.
      Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      I'm really hoping it's Carl Gerbschmidt....
      That'd be some legendary trolling

Thought he claims it wasn't him: https://***********/TheRealCarlG/sta...91620028870656
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-25-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Finally,
        One of the 32 owners in the NFL has the balls to call it like he sees: NFL Owner Says He Is ‘*********g Livid’ At Players Who Protest The National Anthem

Oh.
        I know this genius. He voted for Scott Walker, Donald Trump, and Ron Johnson. and against every school referendum he's ever seen. He wears sleeveless t's and his belly button points down.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          I know this genius. He voted for Scott Walker, Donald Trump, and Ron Johnson. and against every school referendum he's ever seen. He wears sleeveless t's and his belly button points down.
          So, he's an above-average Packer fan.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

$20 says the person he interviewed is himself.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I know there are memes out there, but I will forgo that.

Leave the anthem out of it. Personally for me, it's insulting to your country and the people who served it. Not saying you CAN'T, you have that right. I am saying you shouldn't.
              Participating in a respectful silent protest during the national anthem in no way insults those that served.

What insults those that served us this over the top fake patriotic bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                Participating in a respectful silent protest during the national anthem in no way insults those that served.

To me, it does insult. To you, it doesn't, so be it. And the fact that we CAN have this discussion, and CAN stand/kneel, is a credit to those people who fought for that right.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  You can say that again. Back in 2015, the DoD spent $53 Million on contracts with pro sports teams to *pay* for the National Anthem "patriotic bullsh**" that takes place.

And, for almost two decades, almost all branches allocated "recruitment" money into sponsorship of various NASCAR race cars and teams. Even low level Craftsman Truck/Busch Grand National sponsorship was $5 to $10 Mil per car in the mid 2000's.

But boy, did they ever make it feel organic and true, making a tear come to your eye when you saw Petty Officer John Doe, fresh off his two tours of a middle eastern desert, standing proudly in his crisp fatigues, waving from mid-field just before a washed up local "opera" singer bellows the Anthem.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You can say that again. Back in 2015, the DoD spent $53 Million on contracts with pro sports teams to *pay* for the National Anthem "patriotic bullsh**" that takes place.

And, for almost two decades, almost all branches allocated "recruitment" money into sponsorship of various NASCAR race cars and teams. Even low level Craftsman Truck/Busch Grand National sponsorship was $5 to $10 Mil per car in the mid 2000's.

But boy, did they ever make it feel organic and true, making a tear come to your eye when you saw Petty Officer John Doe, fresh off his two tours of a middle eastern desert, standing proudly in his crisp fatigues, waving from mid-field just before a washed up local "opera" singer bellows the Anthem.
                    I agree, that was pure bullsh*

Comment

And now the baseball players on doing it.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Finally,

Oh.
                        That is amazing!!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          That'd be some legendary trolling

Thought he claims it wasn't him: https://***********/TheRealCarlG/sta...91620028870656
                          You realize he isnt a real person right...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            To me, it does insult. To you, it doesn't, so be it. And the fact that we CAN have this discussion, and CAN stand/kneel, is a credit to those people who fought for that right.
                            Well to (most of them) them it doesnt either so I will take their opinion over ours since they actually served.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 09-26-2017, 01:16 AM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Particularly the people who have fought those who have argued that protest is unpatriotic.

There are legions of active duty soldiers and vets who are expressing their solidarity with the protesters, who have taken a knee beside them, who have said the right of protest is what they fought for.

But most importantly, the players taking a knee are fighting for equal treatment of all. Given the choice, that's what I respect. A flag is just a rag on a pole unless it's backed up by ideals.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                How is it an insult to you, personally? Did you serve? Can you stand in the shoes of any vet? Or are you projecting your feelings?

It's also funny that you can be "insulted" like this, but others should be able to take verbal insults directly put onto them. Odd how that works.

I'm with bob costas on this one, the protesting players are the true patriots out there right now. They are among the most privelidged group economically but stand up to protest how others are being treated.

Do more.

Comment

Working...
                                X