Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    Every other country on earth already figured this out.
    Every other country isn't the US. Sometimes fortunately, sometimes not.

We are the greediest, most arrogant country on earth when it comes to the almighty dollar. Sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes it isn't.

Edit: and our society, as a whole, is much different than much of the rest of the world. Look at violence, general crime, lack of revolutions (see: Venezuela or the African continent), etc.

It's very complex, unfortunately.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Ma'am, you might want to brush up on your history. Pol Pot. Stalin, the Turkey/Armenian kerfuffle......oh and that guy Alfred? Adam? Something that begins with A. Just sayin':

http://freebeacon.com/politics/joy-r...time-be-human/
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    http://www.canadian-healthcare.org/page4.html

What's so important about private health insurance in America having to downsize jobs for specialization that wasn't important enough to save the jobs in the auto industry, steel industry, etc.
    First they came for the auto workers
    Then they came for the steel workers, and I still said nothing
    Then they came for the private health insurance workers
    Finally then they came for me!!!

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Every other country isn't the US. Sometimes fortunately, sometimes not.

We are the greediest, most arrogant country on earth when it comes to the almighty dollar. Sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes it isn't.

Edit: and our society, as a whole, is much different than much of the rest of the world. Look at violence, general crime, lack of revolutions (see: Venezuela or the African continent), etc.

It's very complex, unfortunately.
    Or, fortunately

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The best part? We can put those dip**** CEOs out on the street, figuratively speaking, for making hundreds of millions of dollars on he backs of the sick.

**** them with a chainsaw.
    The fundamental flaw with the current game is that the CEOs and Boards do not have a direct financial stake in the company. Your company has a negative cash flow, you take a direct financial hit in your bank account. Positive flow? You are financially rewarded.

Stocks are meaningless until you cash out.

No way a CEO should be paid $45MM when the workers are being laid off.

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    Every other country on earth already figured this out.
    Every other country* on Earth also uses the Metric System. Doesn't make it right, does it?

* Except Myanmar and Liberia.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Supreme Court lifted restrictions on the travel ban...

For now they overruled the lower courts rulings...they are hearing a consolidated case next month challenging. No chance though they stop it.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Every other country* on Earth also uses the Metric System. Doesn't make it right, does it?

* Except Myanmar and Liberia.
    I may hate the metric system, but it makes way more sense than the crap we use...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I may hate the metric system, but it makes way more sense than the crap we use...
    The metric system is better for science. But a foot can be divided by 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, and 1/6ths and come out with an even number of inches, that's the beauty of a base 12 system. 1/3 of a meter is .33333 meters, or 3.3333 decimeters, or 33.333 centimeters. 1/3 of a foot is 4 inches.

Fahrenheit is also better for every day living than Celsius; 0-100 in Fahrenheit encompasses most every day temperatures. 0-100 in Celsius covers the range of liquid water.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The proper misuse of hyperbole there, would be "Orwellian". No one over the age of 25 should take that delusional old bat and her drab, over-long fondling of the entitled, white, male nerd's superhero complex seriously.
    Paging Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan to the white courtesy phone.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    That's why the CEO is getting paid 45MM. Do you not understand our capitalist system?

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    The Brits and Aussies have this too. A friend of mine fell seriously ill during a study abroad program in Australia. The hospital there actually gave her the treatment reserved for people with the private health insurance because they were refurbishing some of the standard care rooms and since she was American, she wasn't going to have any family visitors to help cheer her up.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

wubba lubba dub dub

According to the companies, the CEOs aren't getting paid $45MM, because that would be illegal for the past 20+ years to pay someone more than $1MM in cash, annually.

Stock options cost the company next to nothing to create, but that's where the CEO gets its big payouts.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    According to the companies, the CEOs aren't getting paid $45MM, because that would be illegal for the past 20+ years to pay someone more than $1MM in cash, annually.

Stock options cost the company next to nothing to create, but that's where the CEO gets its big payouts.
    It's not illegal to pay a CEO more than $1m/year, but the company can only deduct $1m/year of the CEO's salary. Most (all?) major CEO's make more than $1m/year.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    It's not illegal to pay a CEO more than $1m/year, but the company can only deduct $1m/year of the CEO's salary. Most (all?) major CEO's make more than $1m/year.
    Yeah, I mistyped at first and forgot to make the change after seeing my mistake.

Remind me again which party you vote for...
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    As long as they're God-fearing Christians though, it's ok. Those immoral libbies are gonna be the ruin of society as we know it.

The anti-choice party. That's all that matters.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Abortion > everything else. Even if no one is forced to have one.

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Abortion > everything else. Even if no one is forced to have one.
    thus abortion, which they don't really give a **** about, is used to convince people to vote against their own interests so the GOP can funnel more money to the wealthy. Does Joe realize he's being used?

Thread Information