Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I'm sorry but Kap has not not earned at least one single job anywhere in the league because he took a knee. Give me a break.
    He has not earned one? Who said he did? I assume you mean he hasnt lost one and I would bet money he has. He is marginally talented anyways these days so he wouldnt have many offers but there is definitely a pros and cons list going on every time he is a name brought up.

If the average NFL fan didnt care about this some owner would pick him up. (not making much money mind you) That is why they pick up the drunk drivers and women beaters...because fans will ignore that to win. For some reason though they wont ignore this...they foam at the mouth over it. They are the problem here.

It doesnt bother me, the owners can not sign him that is their choice. But I bet if he wasnt controversial he would have a job right now. He might be the 2nd string guy in Jacksonville or holding a clipboard in Minnesota but he would be somewhere. Look at some of the clowns out there right now and he is no less clowny
    Last edited by Handyman; 09-24-2017, 11:30 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      The Pohlads would like to have a word with you as would Red McCombs (back in the day) and many other owners. It is about money not winning.
      This.

And I'm not sure how I feel about the kneeling at this point in time. It's become more about the president's idiocy than the message that was being sent in the first place, you know? I'm glad to see all the players/staffs/etc uniting as one, though, that's for sure.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        When AP pulled his stunt it got a s**t-ton of attention for a very long time and the Vikings took a lot of s**t for keeping him. And you and I both know we could find several other examples of similar stature.
        Yeah and then he took the field and no one batted an eye. The second the game started most of the fans compartmentalized to keep his off the field shenanigans away from the game. Not me mind you, I never cheered for that ***** again.

Maybe that is part of the problem...maybe people cant give up on the Kap thing because he is doing it at the game. When Player X drunk drives or Player B beats his wife on camera you can separate that from the game. They arent in uniform ready to play. Kap is doing it at the stadium, mere feet from where he will soon take the field.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Welp, out Twitterer-In-Chief just got done twooping this morning:

So glad he clarified the empty seats at Rams and Chargers games are because those brave fans have taken a stand against kneeling.
          Someone should tweet at him about what happened the last time he took on the NFL and it wasnt nearly as powerful as it is now
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So, Trump apparently believes re-fighting the American Civil War is a good idea. Nice.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I liked the players taking the "interlocking arms" stance. Shows unity without doing the knee/no knee issue.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I saw a great line today:
                "Ididn't dodge the draft just so some son of a ***** could take a knee during the National Anthem." - Anonymous
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  When AP pulled his stunt it got a s**t-ton of attention for a very long time and the Vikings took a lot of s**t for keeping him. And you and I both know we could find several other examples of similar stature.
                  And yet nobody is talking about AP anymore and everyone is talking about the knee to the point that it's completely overshadowing the games today. See the difference?
                  Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I saw a great line today:
                  "Ididn't dodge the draft just so some son of a ***** could take a knee during the National Anthem." - Anonymous
                  Describes Ted Nugent perfectly.

Also good to see some military members say that they're ok with people taking a knee and that they fought for it.
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-24-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Respecting the anthem by yelling during it... hmmmm.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/912005803585945600

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Respecting the anthem by yelling during it... hmmmm.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/912005803585945600
                      I hate that crap. You stay silent during the anthem (unless you are singing along, that's okay, although not my thing), you put your hand/hat over your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        And yet nobody is talking about AP anymore and everyone is talking about the knee to the point that it's completely overshadowing the games today. See the difference?
                        Describes Ted Nugent perfectly.

Also good to see some military members say that they're ok with people taking a knee and that they fought for it.
                        This is just a thought, but I think there are probably a lot of people who are more tolerant of a 'crime' against another human being than against the country. I'm not trying to suggest that not standing for the anthem is actually a crime.

I'm pretty much indifferent to whether athletes stand or not. I think its foolish that people would let athletes influence them much when it comes to politics though.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          This is just a thought, but I think there are probably a lot of people who are more tolerant of a 'crime' against another human being than against the country.
                          Well yeah that's clearly what's happening. The problem is they think a guy who kneels is worse than Roesthlisberger, AP, Josh Brent, Ray Rice, that guy on the panthers who beat his wife and threatened to kill her etc.

Comment

Love to know who the genius was to suggest "Mr president, let's take on the nfl."
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Love to know who the genius was to suggest "Mr president, let's take on the nfl."
                              It's win-win for everyone. The NFL gets knocked down a peg or the president does.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Guessing Trump is doing it to distract from Russia thing and healthcare bill going to ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X