Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I suppose it depends what you're looking for.
    No, none of them are bad for the Democratic party. Done.

They may not be the best ones, but they are not bad. She got the nomination for a reason- enough Democratic voters like what she was proposing.

Some of dump's (lack of) policy is bad for the Republican party.

Comment

Bloom County Today:

Steve Dallas: This is unacceptably insane weather. Conservatives and Penguins need to stop the denial and have the balls to name the blame for this climate chaos.
      Opus: I'm ready to do that.
      Steve Dallas: Just lay it right out there.
      Opus: Hillary's Email's.
      Steve Dallas: Lock Her UP!!!!!

This sums up the United States of America right now. The whole RED country. Every inch of it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Sahil Kapur‏Verified account @sahilkapur

NEW: Joe Manchin (D-WV) says Congress should explore a single payer health care system.

Guess what's very likely to be in the Democratic agenda in 2020 despite Clinton and Kaine.
        It seems like a good idea on paper...

As Ross Perot said in 1992 "That giant sucking sound..."

How are we going to pay for it??? After all the goodies get tacked on, the discretionary $$ in the Federal budget will be immaterial. The Feds %#^&## up everything they touch with Empire building and stacks of red tape.

No.

Find a way to improve the delivery of care first, as opposed to insurance, then we can talk.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

The Feds %#^&## up everything they touch with Empire building and stacks of red tape.
          Flag on the field. Intentional grounding.

Link
          Link
          Link
          Link
          Link
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

How are we going to pay for it??? After all the goodies get tacked on, the discretionary $$ in the Federal budget will be immaterial. The Feds %#^&## up everything they touch with Empire building and stacks of red tape.

No.

Find a way to improve the delivery of care first, as opposed to insurance, then we can talk.
            Medicare For All

This plan has been estimated to cost $1.38 trillion per year.
            The Plan Would Be Fully Paid For By:

A 6.2 percent income-based health care premium paid by employers.
            Revenue raised: $630 billion per year.
            A 2.2 percent income-based premium paid by households.
            Revenue raised: $210 billion per year.This year, a family of four taking the standard deduction can have income up to $28,800 and not pay this tax under this plan.A family of four making $50,000 a year taking the standard deduction would only pay $466 this year.
            Progressive income tax rates.
            Revenue raised: $110 billion a year.Under this plan the marginal income tax rate would be:

37 percent on income between $250,000 and $500,000.
            43 percent on income between $500,000 and $2 million.
            48 percent on income between $2 million and $10 million. (In 2013, only 113,000 households, the top 0.08 percent of taxpayers, had income between $2 million and $10 million.)
            52 percent on income above $10 million. (In 2013, only 13,000 households, just 0.01 percent of taxpayers, had income exceeding $10 million.)
            Taxing capital gains and dividends the same as income from work.
            Revenue raised: $92 billion per year.Warren Buffett, the second wealthiest American in the country, has said that he pays a lower effective tax rate than his secretary. The reason is that he receives most of his income from capital gains and dividends, which are taxed at a much lower rate than income from work. This plan will end the special tax break for capital gains and dividends on household income above $250,000.
            Limit tax deductions for rich.
            Revenue raised: $15 billion per year. Under Bernie’s plan, households making over $250,000 would no longer be able to save more than 28 cents in taxes from every dollar in tax deductions. This limit would replace more complicated and less effective limits on tax breaks for the rich including the AMT, the personal exemption phase-out and the limit on itemized deductions.
            The Responsible Estate Tax.
            Revenue raised: $21 billion per year.This provision would tax the estates of the wealthiest 0.3 percent (three-tenths of 1 percent) of Americans who inherit over $3.5 million at progressive rates and close loopholes in the estate tax.
            Savings from health tax expenditures.
            Revenue raised: $310 billion per year. Several tax breaks that subsidize health care (health-related “tax expenditures”) would become obsolete and disappear under a single-payer health care system, saving $310 billion per year.Most importantly, health care provided by employers is compensation that is not subject to payroll taxes or income taxes under current law. This is a significant tax break that would effectively disappear under this plan because all Americans would receive health care through the new single-payer program instead of employer-based health care.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

No.

Duh. How much does your insurance cost you, and your employer?

No more insurance payments. Increase taxes by some amount less than what your insurance was costing you. Healthcare for everyone for less money.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

No.

I preferred the infomerical where he said that too many CEOs think they deserve to be paid like top bill rockstars. It's true.

For every Steve Jobs or Alan Mulally that might arguably deserve it, there are hundreds of Bob Nardellis and Carly Fiorinas that don't. Then when they fail, they get a golden parachute to rub salt in the wound.

Comment

As I've asked before:

What do you do with all of the current private health insurance companies?

And the people who work for them?
                  And their stockholders?

And the businesses they buy from and support?
                  And their stockholders?

You've just nationalized an industry and made a previously legal line of business illegal.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    As I've asked before:

And their stockholders?

And their stockholders?

You've just nationalized an industry and made a previously legal line of business illegal.
                    You don't necessarily have to outlaw it. I don't think it would make much sense for people to still buy it though. Business and industries come and go over time. The economy adjusts and life goes on.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      You don't necessarily have to outlaw it. I don't think it would make much sense for people to still buy it though. Business and industries come and go over time. The economy adjusts and life goes on.
                      Nationalizing an industry puts an Ayn Randian chill in the air.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        As I've asked before:

And their stockholders?

And their stockholders?

Hire them to administer the new program, the current Healthcare $ already pay for all of them to have jobs. Over time right size the workforce.

Comment

As I've asked before:

And their stockholders?

And their stockholders?

Those poor buggy-whip makers. Won't anyone feel sorry for them?

Comment

Nationalizing an industry puts an Ayn Randian chill in the air.
                            Paul Ryan should be all for it then. Popping a chubby as we speak.

Comment

As I've asked before:

And their stockholders?

And their stockholders?

http://www.canadian-healthcare.org/page4.html

What's so important about private health insurance in America having to downsize jobs for specialization that wasn't important enough to save the jobs in the auto industry, steel industry, etc.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

As I've asked before:

And their stockholders?

And their stockholders?

Why do you give a ****? No one gives a **** about any other industry. Except Coal which Trump is hard for but it dying anyway.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X