Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Most of the people want him to step down. When is he going to defer to their will?
    Most of the people? Based on what, those polls that said Clinton would win in a landslide? And how many of those people are just regurgitating MSM talking points in a robotic manner? The people who want to actually take control of their lives is who he works for, and are what make America great.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Most of the people? Based on what, those polls that said Clinton would win in a landslide? And how many of those people are just regurgitating MSM talking points in a robotic manner? The people who want to actually take control of their lives is who he works for, and are what make America great.
      No he's everyone's president you just said. So he works for all of us, and a majority (Not EC votes) want him gone. Even if the majority is 1 more person.

Even those who voted for him, he has yet to do a single thing to help them. So I'm not sure why they'd want to keep him either.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        A Mexican standoff between Trump, Ryan/McConnell, and the Freedumbs is going to be a pretty self-destructive way for the GOP to spend the next 14 months.
        Which one will put a wall up first?
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

No he's everyone's president you just said. So he works for all of us, and a majority (Not EC votes) want him gone. Even if the majority is 1 more person.

Even those who voted for him, he has yet to do a single thing to help them. So I'm not sure why they'd want to keep him either.
          Actually - the Congress has done nothing. Unless you want government by Executive Order, the President can only propose, and the Congress authorizes it.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Your first mistake was assuming that Flag is capable of having an intelligent conversation. Every other post of his is just an affiliate link to InfoWars conspiracy bait.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Actually - the Congress has done nothing. Unless you want government by Executive Order, the President can only propose, and the Congress authorizes it.
              There's a lot more a president can do than just propose. But I know, you'll conveniently overlook that in Trumpy's case.

And besides, wasn't he the one who ran on a platform that there's something wrong with government, and only he could fix it. But I guess now it's up to other people.

Presidentin' is hard.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Within the EOP this is simply not true. In that domain the President can and does do anything he wants.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  There's a lot more a president can do than just propose. But I know, you'll conveniently overlook that in Trumpy's case.

And besides, wasn't he the one who ran on a platform that there's something wrong with government, and only he could fix it. But I guess now it's up to other people.

Presidentin' is hard.
                  Who knew it could be so difficult?!?! I HAD NO IDEA!!!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You know, I'd be in favor of letting Trump have up to half of the estimated budget for his stupid border wall, if it means we get immigration reform and a tax increase on the rich. We all know the wall will never get finished even if Cheeto gets a full 8 years, and in most places will probably not even be a wall, just a newer fence. I think the White House would be thrilled to be able to claim some progress on SCROTUS' signature campaign promise by Christmas. So, let's see the "Art of the Deal" in action! Get the Dem leadership to float this proposal, and watch Congressional Republicans squirm.

So, you are the Trump,
                    Yes the great Donald Trump
                    Prove to us that you're "Da best",
                    Make a deal and pass the test

If you do that for all,
                    You can have your dumb wall
                    C'mon you King of the Yuuuuge!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Who knew it could be so difficult?!?! I HAD NO IDEA!!!
                      If you want tD to govern by decree like the last guy, then don't object when your pet ox gets gored by fiat. I prefer legislation, checks and balances and the separation of powers.

In a side note, it's primary season in Kep's side of the river. Nobody is mentioning their political party.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        You know, I'd be in favor of letting Trump have up to half of the estimated budget for his stupid border wall, if it means we get immigration reform and a tax increase on the rich. We all know the wall will never get finished even if Cheeto gets a full 8 years, and in most places will probably not even be a wall, just a newer fence. I think the White House would be thrilled to be able to claim some progress on SCROTUS' signature campaign promise by Christmas. So, let's see the "Art of the Deal" in action! Get the Dem leadership to float this proposal, and watch Congressional Republicans squirm.

So, you are the Trump,
                        Yes the great Donald Trump
                        Prove to us that you're "Da best",
                        Make a deal and pass the test

If you do that for all,
                        You can have your dumb wall
                        C'mon you King of the Yuuuuge!
                        Works for me. Maybe the constipated GOP leadership will finally poop and get off the pot.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you want tD to govern by decree like the last guy, then don't object when your pet ox gets gored by fiat. I prefer legislation, checks and balances and the separation of powers.

In a side note, it's primary season in Kep's side of the river. Nobody is mentioning their political party.
                          I am not the one objecting...his ideas are so stupid either the courts or Congress stops him anyways. If he wants to paper tiger his way through his presidency fine.

My conscious is clear I am not the one sitting around here passively defending him.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I am not the one objecting...his ideas are so stupid either the courts or Congress stops him anyways. If he wants to paper tiger his way through his presidency fine.

My conscious is clear I am not the one sitting around here passively defending him.
                            Likewise on the previous administration.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              In Electoral College land there is more of THEM than US. And that's not going to change.
                              Yup
                              Kep needs to move to Alabama and Maria shriver to Idaho (for good, not just 2 months in the summer )
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Most of the people want him to step down. When is he going to defer to their will?
                                "Nameless, faceless many!!"
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X