Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    there's an actual reason it exists from a financial standpoint.
    No there isn't, that's called the budget.

It exists as a way for the minority party to score cheap points at the expense of the majority party. The problem is that it has become the financial equivalent of a nuclear weapon, and there are too many members of Congress who actively want to push the button.

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Romanists!
      I kan't kwite komprehend why Bannon would have anti-Catholic feelings.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It may not be anti Catholic, but it is a bit cynical about the priorities of the episcopate.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

there's an actual reason it exists from a financial standpoint.
          The reason is just politics. This is one of those times where he has actually stumbled on the exact right thing to do. The "debt ceiling" is an idiotic political prop.

The only non-political purpose it could ever serve is if we got impatient and decided we wanted to default on our sovereign debt and destroy the full faith and credit of the US dollar instantly rather than waiting for the failure to collect taxes from the wealthy to do it over a century.

Other than that it's just a way for Republicans to try to hold the country hostage to get their goodies, and it doesn't even work for that because the Democrats for once realized that the threat "oh yeah, well I'm going to blow us both up!" is not credible unless you're a lunatic and it's impossible to negotiate with a lunatic.

The reason this is so funny is it once again completely disrobes the Republicans by exposing their bullsh-t. Trump is showing us exactly what we should have known all along: he doesn't care about policy at all, he just cares about the fights he gets into and right now he's mad at Ryan and McConnell. He's that little brat wishing people into a cornfield. Two days ago it was immigrants, today it's the Republican leadership.

My god I hope Ryan stays on the sh-t list while he floats whatever abortion of a 1%er tax heist his Randian hindbrain is fapping to. We could wind up with a 99% tax rate on the wealthy. I honestly believe Trump would take the personal hit just to satisfy his grudge. What am I saying? There'd be no hit, he doesn't pay his taxes anyway!
          Last edited by Kepler; 09-07-2017, 03:18 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            http://www.startribune.com/devos-exp...ent/442967983/

Back to boys will be boys.

Congrats to all the ***** grabbers out there.
            Hope all the women who voted Trump or didn't vote at all are still proud of this.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Hope all the women who voted Trump or didn't vote at all are still proud of this.
              53% of white women are proud of their vote. The other 47% marched after the election. That was of the ones who voted. Most woman couldn't be bothered to vote.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

53% of white women are proud of their vote. The other 47% marched after the election. That was of the ones who voted. Most woman couldn't be bothered to vote.
                special place in heII for all of 'em
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

He realizes it's not a real physical ceiling, right? Like, there's an actual reason it exists from a financial standpoint.
                  And yet, every few years, it just gets increased. There's a cultural issue that needs to be addressed when it comes to fiscal responsibility, and it has nothing to do with the position or existence of "the can".

Comment

I know a few white women who've admitted voting for Trump and since regret it. They're not inherently as stubborn as you'd like to think of them, or as you yourself are.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Not really anti-Catholic so much as a Pontiff that is pushing a political agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        It may not be anti Catholic, but it is a bit cynical about the priorities of the episcopate.
                        it's pretty easy to be cynical about the priorities of the episcopate. The episcopate doesn't make that very hard.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Husband wouldn't let 'em.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Husband wouldn't let 'em.
                            Pretty much. I know some women like that.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              How is that statement not anti-Catholic? He insinuated that all Catholics are illegal immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I think you (and Alex Jones for that matter) are burying the lede on that story.

The headline shouldn't be "Leftists Call On Hurricane Irma To Destroy Trump's Mar-A-Lago Resort," no, instead it should be:

"Leftists Have Power To Verbally Control Weather."
                                Wait? I though that the Hurricaine Irma warnings were a Leftist fake out. At least that is what Rush L. had to say. (My immediate thought was if they believe him Darwin's theory will win out and well, there might be less of them. (I am not the Christian woman I should be)

http://www.startribune.com/devos-exp...ent/442967983/

Back to boys will be boys.

Congrats to all the ***** grabbers out there.
                                Women have come a long way when we can have one as stupid as this appointed to run something this big in gubmint. ON the other hand her complete failure to grasp the most basic concepts will be an argument why women shouldn't be able to do anything big.

Comment

Working...
                                X