Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Is there anything they don't approve? Time will tell on this, but I think it could wind up making Obama look as bad as Trump. I hope there was some very convincing evidence they brought to the FISA court and it wasn't just a fishing expedition. There should be very little tolerance for trying to use it to smear political opponents.
    You literally know nothing about everything. You literally know the difference between different parts of the government, or the difference between Government and Intelligence...it is astounding. Obama isnt the head of the NSA or the FBI...and guess who gets FISA warrants? Stop pretending to know things because your lack of knowledge is so apparent it is actually quite sad.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      You literally know nothing about everything. You literally know the difference between different parts of the government, or the difference between Government and Intelligence...it is astounding. Obama isnt the head of the NSA or the FBI...and guess who gets FISA warrants? Stop pretending to know things because your lack of knowledge is so apparent it is actually quite sad.
      I never implied Obama was Director of FBI or NSA. To your larger point though, maybe someone in Obama's administration 'went rogue' and decided to target Trump. It certainly is a possibility. They might have some sort of legitimate case against him too. I see this right now as nothing more than a political witch hunt and certainly hope to be proved wrong.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        What happens when a person like Kushner has his family's empire threatened? I'll give you a hint, it doesn't end well for the Donald.
        This is the advantage to Trump surrounding himself with sniveling snakes. Liddy, Ehrlichman and Haldeman would have gone to the gibbet for their boss. Not Trump's lackeys. The weak attract the weak.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Besides, they're too rich to get the needle.
          As I said, it will never happen. On the merits, however, it could be justified. What else are treason status for?

The truth is we wouldn't hang anybody for treason anymore, which is a good thing. Political crimes shouldn't have violent criminal punishments, and where does the state get off arrogating the right to punishments barred from actual murders of actual human beings? The whole thing is a vestige of the ruling class having a parallel justice system with hangings for theft of a loaf of bread.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I actually did see this line of thinking alluded to earlier on Twitter. I've got mixed feelings on it. Is Trump going to have the 2020 nominee tapped? I'm sure it's happened in the past, but for it to be out in the open like this is pretty sad. It's another thing that discourages decent people from running.
            Seriously? You don't know the difference between the justice department and the president? You don't know the difference between the president as governing and the president as candidate?

I honestly cannot tell whether you are witting and playing dense in order to obfuscate and shield your guy (the FreshFish Defense) or you are unwitting and sincerely clueless about civics and are easily led into conspiratorial tripe (the FlagDude Gambit).
            Last edited by Kepler; 09-19-2017, 08:25 AM.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Seriously? You don't know the difference between the justice department and the president? You don't know the difference between the president as governing and the president as candidate?

I honestly cannot tell whether you are witting and playing dense in order to obfuscate and shield your guy (the FreshFish Defense) or you are unwitting and sincerely clueless about civics and are easily led into conspiratorial tripe (the FlagDude Gambit).
              The justice department is only quasi independent. The AG still reports to the president. I don't think Obama would have given some sort of official order on Trump. More than anything else I'm just extremely cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I dunno. This just doesn't add up. She was raped and then continued to have sex with him to advance her career? Then when the relationship stopped, her career stopped, and only then she came forward?

There's something here that doesn't pass the smell test.
                The only way to really understand what rape victims in a professional setting go through is to read and read and read. You don't believe it at first but then the sheer weight of all the cases makes you realize that in the real world this is how it goes. These men are predators of the highest order -- they don't just use their physical strength to physically rape, they use their position to force the victim not just to keep silent but also to continue submitting. And even in normal places they get the benefit of the entire corporate culture which wants nothing more than for it to go away. Now add the rightwing culture at Fox which is genuinely misogynistic -- it's baked into their entire political orientation -- and you're a Jew working at Nazi HQ.

Talk to women. You will be shocked at how our realities are different. The only thing I can compare it to is a black person's view of the cops. We just assume that if there's a crime we can take it to the cops. Black people know from bitter experience that that is at best a crap shoot and too often a recipe for making the victim's life even worse. White men just don't think about that because... why would we?

This is all the consequence of a handful of humans living in a sea of apes. It only affects you and me at election time. It affects women and racial minorities every single day of their lives.
                Last edited by Kepler; 09-19-2017, 11:38 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

The justice department is only quasi independent. The AG still reports to the president. I don't think Obama would have given some sort of official order on Trump. More than anything else I'm just extremely cynical.
                  Ugh. BSABSVR.

The thing is I assume Trump would do something like you suggest. But I don't think that any other president in our lifetime would except Nixon who, ya know, did.

But those are sociopaths. I do not think, for example, that even Cheney would do it, and he might be more morally bankrupt than either of the aforementioned. But he still had a grasp of sixth grade civics, which is what we're talking about here.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I never implied Obama was Director of FBI or NSA. To your larger point though, maybe someone in Obama's administration 'went rogue' and decided to target Trump. It certainly is a possibility. They might have some sort of legitimate case against him too. I see this right now as nothing more than a political witch hunt and certainly hope to be proved wrong.
                    And maybe I am Mark Zuckerburg. Just stop digging you are only making things worse.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Ugh. BSABSVR.

The thing is I assume Trump would do something like you suggest. But I don't think that any other president in our lifetime would except Nixon who, ya know, did.

But those are sociopaths. I do not think, for example, that even Cheney would do it, and he might be more morally bankrupt than either of the aforementioned. But he still had a grasp of sixth grade civics, which is what we're talking about here.
                      I certainly hope you're right. For me the best outcome would be for there to be some legitimate stuff against Flynn and/or Manafort, them get convicted, and life move on. I don't want to see any regime change before 2020, it's way to fraught with danger.

Comment

I certainly hope you're right. For me the best outcome would be for there to be some legitimate stuff against Flynn and/or Manafort, them get convicted, and life move on. I don't want to see any regime change before 2020, it's way to fraught with danger.
                        There isn't going to be "regime change." At worst you'll get Pence who will be more effective getting your horrific agenda passed so don't fret.

I am amazed you don't recognize Trump as a con man, a fraud, and a criminal, and that you can't see his team if not he himself intentionally colluded with the Russians which is treason.

It's. Obvious.

I understand partisan blindness but good lord, man, the train isn't even bearing down on you, it's in the station unloading passengers.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The only way to really understand what rape victims in a professional setting go through it to read and read and read. You don't believe it at first but then the sheer weight of all the cases makes you realize that in the real world this is how it goes. These men are predators of the highest order -- they don't just use their physical strength to physically rape, they use their position to force the victim not just to keep silent but also to continue submitting. And even in normal places they get the benefit of the entire corporate culture which wants nothing more than for it to go away. Now add the rightwing culture at Fox which is genuinely misogynistic -- it's baked into their entire political orientation -- and you're a Jew working at Nazi HQ.

Talk to women. You will be shocked at how our realities are different. The only thing I can compare it to is a black person's view of the cops. We just assume that if there's a crime we can take it to the cops. Black people know from bitter experience that that is at best a crap shoot and too often a recipe for making the victim's life even worse. White men just don't think about that because... why would we?

This is all the consequence of a handful of humans living in a sea of apes. It only affects you and me at election time. It affects women and racial minorities every single day of their lives.
                          Its true. If these women even hint that stuff like this happens they not only risk losing their job, but it takes all of 1 second for the rumors to fly that said woman "slept her way into a job" along with other ways to destroy her character. And unlike say, working at some random Fortune 500 company, they are working for the media who has the power, influence and contacts to spread it like a virus all around the country in mere seconds. By end of day every rinky dink Fox station will have the contents of her purse, the meds she is prescribed and a dossier of all the stuff she did while in college.

Hell look at how rape victims are treated at colleges these days. If the predators are athletes the burden of proof becomes so high nothing ever gets done. Cops look the other way, prosecutors become afraid to indict and coaches/administrators cover it up (it is so bad schools had to create kangaroo courts to get any sort of justice) making it hard to get any sort of justice. Then, the few that do come forward have the character assassinated to such a degree it is mindboggling. Now take that, add a few hundred billion dollars and a media conglomerate behind you.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            There isn't going to be "regime change." At worst you'll get Pence who will be more effective getting your horrific agenda passed so don't fret.

I am amazed you don't recognize Trump as a con man, a fraud, and a criminal, and that you can't see his team if not he himself intentionally colluded with the Russians which is treason.

It's. Obvious.

I understand partisan blindness but good lord, man, the train isn't even bearing down on you, it's in the station unloading passengers.
                            People only see what they want to see. The Average Joe doesnt want to see that Trump is fleecing him, because then they have to put the blame for their problems where it really lies...on themselves.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                It really pis-ses me off that whenever I try to include an image this it doesn't work.

So I'm going to keep trying until it works.

OK, it works.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X