Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Every other country isn't the US. Sometimes fortunately, sometimes not.

We are the greediest, most arrogant country on earth when it comes to the almighty dollar. Sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes it isn't.

Edit: and our society, as a whole, is much different than much of the rest of the world. Look at violence, general crime, lack of revolutions (see: Venezuela or the African continent), etc.

It's very complex, unfortunately.
    Well, if you consider the European nations, not the 'up and coming nations' then look at our violence, general crime. Compared to most of Europe we are embarrassing. http://www.nationmaster.com/country-.../United-States (this site is fascinating and somwehat depressing) It has comparisons for all sorts of dif things- stats on different crimes, age of adult responsibility, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Uh, so Schumer and Pelosi now cut a deal with Trump to pass DACA in exchange for increased funding for border security but excluding a wall.
      They better have that in blood. The blowback on Trump is going to make him fold like a cheap suit.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Age of Trump.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          The metric system is better for science. But a foot can be divided by 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, and 1/6ths and come out with an even number of inches, that's the beauty of a base 12 system. 1/3 of a meter is .33333 meters, or 3.3333 decimeters, or 33.333 centimeters. 1/3 of a foot is 4 inches.

Fahrenheit is also better for every day living than Celsius; 0-100 in Fahrenheit encompasses most every day temperatures. 0-100 in Celsius covers the range of liquid water.
          Yes and yes
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            They better have that in blood. The blowback on Trump is going to make him fold like a cheap suit.
            It's called negotiation

Oddly enough one of the benefits when one is from outside a "party" ironically
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Didn't last a few hours At least they are talking I guess
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Racial profiling is fine just ask the cop defenders in the Cop Thread. If he did nothing wrong he had nothing to fear amirite?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Didn't last a few hours At least they are talking I guess
                  If the wall isnt included he will never cut a deal. If he agrees to otherwise just assume he is lying. (good plan anyways)

Of course...wasnt Mexico going to pay for it anyways? Speaking of Mexico...I hope the people of Texas are happy with their fearless leader. He screwed them out of aid from Mexico when Trump didnt even send condolences after their earthquake. The man tweets about every two bit idea in his head but he cant be bothered to say something to Mexico after a disaster?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    If the wall isnt included he will never cut a deal. If he agrees to otherwise just assume he is lying. (good plan anyways)

Of course...wasnt Mexico going to pay for it anyways? Speaking of Mexico...I hope the people of Texas are happy with their fearless leader. He screwed them out of aid from Mexico when Trump didnt even send condolences after their earthquake. The man tweets about every two bit idea in his head but he cant be bothered to say something to Mexico after a disaster?
                    He doesn't care about the rapists. Why should he? Breitbart doesn't either. Or Steve King. Get them outta here.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      If the wall isnt included he will never cut a deal.
                      The fight for DACA can throw him money to hire more agents and beef up patrols.

That leaves the Big, Beautiful Wall as the main bargaining chip in negotiations for other things the country actually needs. Like broader immigration reform, or infrastructure spending, or higher taxes on incomes over $500,000/yr.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        The fight for DACA can throw him money to hire more agents and beef up patrols.

That leaves the Big, Beautiful Wall as the main bargaining chip in negotiations for other things the country actually needs. Like broader immigration reform, or infrastructure spending, or higher taxes on incomes over $500,000/yr.
                        For a normal politician you would be correct...Trump's entire brand now is based on getting the Wall built. He failed on Obamacare Repeal, his Tax Reform is all but dead barring a miracle and despite saber rattling there is no war. The man needs a YUGE win and the Wall was BY FAR his most high profile promise and one of the most popular. He needs it and he needs it fast because if the midterms swing the numbers in Congress the Wall is dead.

Basically Trump will pretend to make a deal with the Dems in the hopes that the GOP balks and gives him what he wants. Of course the Dems know this so they use it to troll the GOP whenever they can. It reminds me of what the Pohlads did when they were trying to get a stadium for the Twins in Minneapolis. Minneapolis wasnt going to do it but St. Paul offered them the moon and the stars. The Pohlads wanted nothing to do with St. Paul but played up their offer. Minneapolis didnt balk until the very last second, but St. Paul was going to pull the offer anyways because they knew they were getting played. Target Field is of course in Minneapolis.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You're definitely right that he's desperate for any positive momentum on his agenda. You may be correct that he's playing the Dems to try and get the Goopers to react.

Still, it's fun to read comments on the usual right-wing sites about Donnie's BETRAYAL!11!!1

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            He doesn't care about the rapists. Why should he? Breitbart doesn't either. Or Steve King. Get them outta here.
                            The rapists you say?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              The rapists you say?
                              Blocked by NBC here in the States.

Comment

I cant give Don credit for planning anything past his Big Mac lunch. He's never shown any hint of being a strategist. He operates moment by moment on his weird reality show survival instinct.
                                The truth is, he doesn't even care about the wall. He just keeps repeating it because he stumbled across a line during his campaign that made the audience cheer really loudly. He's like a Pavlov dog.
                                Last edited by geezer; 09-14-2017, 11:44 AM.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X