Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

This will be fun. The rare Ultramontanist Thumper.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      thus abortion, which they don't really give a **** about, is used to convince people to vote against their own interests so the GOP can funnel more money to the wealthy. Does Joe realize he's being used?
      Nah, he's taking a moral stand.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Remind me again which party you vote for...
        I prefer a Tom Clancy solution. Failing that, morally responsible people would fit the bill.

Since everyone in political Washington is morally bankrupt, I'm not looking back when the brimstone falls.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I prefer a Tom Clancy solution. Failing that, morally responsible people would fit the bill.

Since everyone in political Washington is morally bankrupt, I'm not looking back when the brimstone falls.
          That is an evasion. On the specific issue you cited there is a significant, substantive policy difference between the parties, with the one you vote for committed to the very thing you hate while the one you don't committed to trying to eradicate it. And yet you vote against your values.

People do that -- values rarely align perfectly with the parties. But to try to muddy the waters with "BSAB" is obfuscation and deflection. Why not say that in this instance your anti-abortion value more than cancels out your economic justice value? Why pretend that there is no difference between the parties and this drowns your preference on the latter?

After all, if there is really no difference then there is no reason for you to vote based on the former, either.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I prefer a Tom Clancy solution.
            An airliner killing all but about 12 people? How very Christian of you.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              An airliner killing all but about 12 people? How very Christian of you.
              Well, they're not in the womb at the moment, so...
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The best people.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...deputy-nominee
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  On the specific issue you cited there is a significant, substantive policy difference between the parties, with the one you vote for committed to the very thing you hate while the one you don't committed to trying to eradicate it.
                  Well I'm not sure the more centrist/neoliberal Dems are looking to do anything about it.

Comment

That is an evasion. On the specific issue you cited there is a significant, substantive policy difference between the parties, with the one you vote for committed to the very thing you hate while the one you don't committed to trying to eradicate it. And yet you vote against your values.

People do that -- values rarely align perfectly with the parties. But to try to muddy the waters with "BSAB" is obfuscation and deflection. Why not say that in this instance your anti-abortion value more than cancels out your economic justice value? Why pretend that there is no difference between the parties and this drowns your preference on the latter?

After all, if there is really no difference then there is no reason for you to vote based on the former, either.
                    Why not just go all the way and point out that since abortion will never go away, one of the best ways to reduce it would be to encourage economic justice. If joe really wants to reduce abortions, lifting women out of poverty may be the best way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Well I'm not sure the more centrist/neoliberal Dems are looking to do anything about it.
                      They nibble around the edges. It's true that come the revolution they go to the wall along with Cheney, but in the meantime they are certainly the lesser of two evils.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                        If joe really wants to reduce abortions, lifting women out of poverty may be the best way to do it.
                        Really the ONLY way. Abortions will only go away when unwanted pregnancies go away. Educated women who can financially care for their children, born and unborn, rarely have unwanted pregnancies.

Comment

They nibble around the edges. It's true that come the revolution they go to the wall along with Cheney, but in the meantime they are certainly the lesser of two evils.
                          You'd better be careful, or Hillary's going to sic the Arkancide Squad on you first.

Comment

Uh, so Schumer and Pelosi now cut a deal with Trump to pass DACA in exchange for increased funding for border security but excluding a wall.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Uh, so Schumer and Pelosi now cut a deal with Trump to pass DACA in exchange for increased funding for border security but excluding a wall.
                              Once again Ryan and McConnell are shown to be the Two Stooges.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                We now go live to Trump Country:

Comment

Working...
                                X