Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    On the flipside, start snitching. Give the cops the info they need to prosecute the criminals. It's a two way street, and no one is budging. Drives me nuts.
    Possibly the dumbest thing I've read on here, and I've read some pretty stupid ****

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      What's the way you want them to protest? Because violence is out. Marching in the streets are out. Kneeling is out. So what would you have them do to show their displeasure in a way that makes a point and garners attention for the issue?
      The failure by Brent and the rest of the Blue Lives Matter posse to ever answer this question constantly speaks louder than anything else.

Comment

You know what I find funny...any time someone poss about the NFL deal on FB some right leaning poster will say "well if I chose to protest wearing my work uniform they can choose to fire me". This of course is very true, the problem is it is completely irrelevant. Outside of Kaep no one is being punished for taking a knee. (and obviously we dont know if he is either) The owners arent doing anything about it, in fact entire teams have decided to support it. The only ones calling for players to be punished are the 'Murica Crowd and their Chickenhawk in Chief. Their poutrage is delicious

BTW the Jared Kushner private server story is hilarious
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          This doesn't surprise me in one bit.

I seen more political commentators noting that the Republican Party, especially Trump and Co., have been great about getting ahead of things they're doing wrong and loudly blame the opposition for being involved with instead.

Hillary was in cahoots with Russia!
          Hillary used personal email!
          Hillary is in bed with Wall Street!
          Hillary has conflict of interests!
          Hillary is putting our servicemen and women in harm's way!
          Hillary doesn't have the stamina to be President!

Every.

Fu**ing.

Thing.

Trump and Co. have done Business Marketing 202 level work by getting well ahead of the news and spinning it before anyone else can use it against Trump.
          Exactly. She's also female so it had more traction with the press. The Kushner thing will not last.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            The failure by Brent and the rest of the Blue Lives Matter posse to ever answer this question constantly speaks louder than anything else.
            I did answer it earlier but it was not the answer you wanted to hear.

Edit: post #738 in this thread.
            Last edited by The Rube; 09-25-2017, 08:04 AM.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Nothing more peaceful than kneeling during the anthem. Yet, that's a problem because "Murica doesn't like it. Well, that 33% needs to grow up.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You want to protest? That's your prerogative. We're in the land of the free. Forcing people to stand is a thing they'd do in North Korea. There's a few things to take into account, though:

One: People aren't going to take too kindly to it. You don't have to sing along, you don't have to salute (that's what putting the hand over the heart when you have not worn the country's uniform is for those that are uninformed, and only recently was it made permissible for veterans to give the military salute instead of civilian salute), but you can at least show respect towards others. Just like how the kneelers then stood in respect for the UK anthem. And you know what? People are tuning out, burning paraphernalia, and redressing their grievances. Freedom's a two way street.

Two: You're on the owners' clock, not your own. If the owners want to fire you for kneeling, that's also their prerogative. If Trump wants to make comments about that, that's his choice. There's a reason they use the phrase "My fellow Americans". Only in the minds of the deranged would that be seen as an order. He only gives orders to those who wear the country's uniform. Whether or not the owners choose to take action, that's up to them.

Comment

Thanks Brent, had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I have no idea the source. Does it really matter? The guy speaks the truth. Take responsibility. If a description comes in: "African-American male, 20-30, short hair, etc" and that's all they have to go on? Snitch that guy. Narrow it down. I would bet dollars to donuts harassment would lessen if people would cooperate with the police.

NOTE: this does NOT excuse the crooked cops, not one bit. Don't even start that with me. Crooked cops, who are still in the MINORITY, deserve all that they get.
                    And therein lies the rub. A guy like Brent looks at the STL police department story from a few days ago and says, "Huh, well they must've done something to deserve arrest. There couldn't possibly be a problem with the entire department, from the leadership on down."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Because it's a non sequitur. You essentially responded by telling them to not protest.

Comment

Has anyone watched the A&E documentary on the Lacie Peterson murder? Cops obviously treat Blacks worse than Whites, but they still treat a large number of whites bad too. I respect some individual officers but don't have a lot of confidence in the police as an institution. I think those protesting would do well to broaden their focus and have concrete proposals. We would be better off as a country to give the police a lot less power.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Has anyone watched the A&E documentary on the Lacie Peterson murder? Cops obviously treat Blacks worse than Whites, but they still treat a large number of whites bad too. I respect some individual officers but don't have a lot of confidence in the police as an institution. I think those protesting would do well to broaden their focus and have concrete proposals. We would be better off as a country to give the police a lot less power.
                          Yes.

I don't think most of the ill treatment of blacks by cops is because of racism. I think we treat the poor like sh-t, and cops use black as an expectation state for poor because they are conflated both statistically and in the public mind.

For example, I doubt cops treats Asians like sh-t. A white supremacy cop theory would predict that they ought to.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Yes.

I don't think most of the ill treatment of blacks by cops is because of racism. I think we treat the poor like sh-t, and cops use black as an expectation state for poor because they are conflated both statistically and in the public mind.

For example, I doubt cops treats Asians like sh-t. A white supremacy cop theory would predict that they ought to.
                            There are definitely studies that show that blacks are perceived to be more menacing or profiled or given harsher sentences by judges etc. And yes blacks on average are poor in this country so you have a point there but it's a bit of both.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            And therein lies the rub. A guy like Brent looks at the STL police department story from a few days ago and says, "Huh, well they must've done something to deserve arrest. There couldn't possibly be a problem with the entire department, from the leadership on down."
                            Even if we go with the premise that bad cops are the minority (which probably isn't wrong) you still have the issue of police unions and leaders defending these bad actions in the media and doing everything they can to dig up dirt on the victims of these bad cops. So even if they are in the minority they still get enabled at the highest level and it basically just gives incentive for the entire department to be corrupt, aggressive, or just do shoddy police work.
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-25-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              There are definitely studies that show that blacks are perceived to be more menacing or profiled or given harsher sentences by judges etc. And yes blacks on average are poor in this country so you have a point there but it's a bit of both.

Even if we go with the premise that bad cops are the minority (which probably isn't wrong) you still have the issue of police unions and leaders defending these bad actions in the media and doing everything they can to dig up dirt on the victims of these bad cops. So even if they are in the minority they still get enabled at the highest level and it basically just gives incentive for the entire department to be corrupt, aggressive, or just do shoddy police work.
                              Or rarely turn on your body cameras, as is the case in Minneapolis. When there is no discipline or consequences to your actions then you are basically encouraging bad behavior. Trix is correct in that this is a police union and leadership issue. Things will only change in individual police departments, and then nationally, when management demands a change and you create a culture of accountability.

Comment

are we talking about the fact that North Korea now claims Trump has declared war on them and they will potentially shoot down any US bombers flying over the Korean Peninsula, even in South Korean airspace? I don't want to post something if it's already been discussed and I missed it in the NFL drama...

Comment

Working...
                                X