RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

In honor of Will Reilly, today is 6 September 2017. There are 24 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

a couple of pictures from a week ago

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, Bradley Bell and Sam Rappaport are still in the online directory, but Alex Rodriguez is gone.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            YouTube feed has become even more difficult. The change over from using flash for videos has wrecked havoc on my older computers. As I mentioned, could not get RPI-TV live feed for the football game to play with Firefox no matter what I tried (disabled anything else running as any sort of ad blocker). But it did play fine using Chrome browser. My version of IE is so old that I would not even try it. Old videos stored on the site play just fine on both browsers, but the live feed only on Chrome.
            Doc, if you have an HDTV, I have a recommendation if you dont mind. If yes, get a chromecast, plug into your TV, and stream the games to that device. You can experience RPITV's terrific production on the big screen that takes your technology gap out of the way. Cheers & LGR!
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              Doc, if you have an HDTV, I have a recommendation if you dont mind. If yes, get a chromecast, plug into your TV, and stream the games to that device. You can experience RPITV's terrific production on the big screen that takes your technology gap out of the way. Cheers & LGR!
              SS: In the past, when i was not lazy, I would steam the YouTube video through one of our BluRay players onto the big screen. it was very good. But YouTube has made some changes and for some reason this no longer plays. The browser that is installed on the Bluray player just is not supported. For now, I will have to probably be satisfied with using the Chrome browser on my sturdy old computer. I have tried other live streams and some play and some just will not in Firefox. Things change and not always for the better! But thanks for the suggestion.
              I for one am starting to get a little itchy to start the season (I may have to put some salve on). I have no preconceived notions about anything that might happen but there is a very small part of me that is thinking we might be very pleasantly surprised.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

SS: In the past, when i was not lazy, I would steam the YouTube video through one of our BluRay players onto the big screen. it was very good. But YouTube has made some changes and for some reason this no longer plays. The browser that is installed on the Bluray player just is not supported. For now, I will have to probably be satisfied with using the Chrome browser on my sturdy old computer. I have tried other live streams and some play and some just will not in Firefox. Things change and not always for the better! But thanks for the suggestion.
                I for one am starting to get a little itchy to start the season (I may have to put some salve on). I have no preconceived notions about anything that might happen but there is a very small part of me that is thinking we might be very pleasantly surprised.
                Out of curiosity, are your browser versions up to date? Sometimes things "break" because of a feature that isn't necessarily supported on an old browser.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Out of curiosity, are your browser versions up to date? Sometimes things "break" because of a feature that isn't necessarily supported on an old browser.
                  As up to date as they can be except for IE which i do not use. Firefox was the latest version until last week when I backed it down one version as a few add ons did not work with the newest update as yet. Flash player is the latest version also. Apparently, Youtube and Chrome shake hands well. i suppose it is like the old days when Microsoft ruled the computer world and everything had to work with them. only now it is Google that rules and as they swallow up things, they decide what will work with their stuff and what will not. As long as Chrome will play RPI-TV streams i am fine with it.

Comment

In honor of Jon Richards and Taylor Schwalbe, today is 7 September 2017. There are 23 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SS:
                      I too am getting itchy ( i hope it isn't just something going around).
                      With the new Coaching staff and only three seniors on the team, where do you think the leadership (Captain and Asst. captains) will come from?
                      I am guessing that it will come from the coaches even though they have had limited time to get to know the players.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        With the new Coaching staff and only three seniors on the team, where do you think the leadership (Captain and Asst. captains) will come from?
                        I am guessing that it will come from the coaches even though they have had limited time to get to know the players.
                        Don't the Captains and Coaches both have a leadership responsibility?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Don't the Captains and Coaches both have a leadership responsibility?
                          yes, but in different ways.

Also, in some cases, captains are named after they have already demonstrated leadership ability by the way they carry themselves, pick up their teammates when needed, resolve conflicts, etc. The coaches are just now getting their first chance to assess those qualities in the players.

I've heard that, on some teams the coaches appoint captains, while on a few teams, they have a vote among the players.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            yes, but in different ways.

Also, in some cases, captains are named after they have already demonstrated leadership ability by the way they carry themselves, pick up their teammates when needed, resolve conflicts, etc. The coaches are just now getting their first chance to assess those qualities in the players.

I've heard that, on some teams the coaches appoint captains, while on a few teams, they have a vote among the players.
                            I meant to imply that the leadership responsibilities were different.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              EHF-I think if this team can get off to a good start (hard to define decent but anything would be better than the past couple years), the leadership will come from the senior or junior class and will develop simply because they might actually start to feel like they can win. There are just some take charge guys who will do just that. But if this team gets off to an abysmal start, the coach and the staff will have to take charge in some way and get these guys to think that winning is possible if not likely. i think you are more correct than not. The psychology this year will play a far bigger role than in many past seasons. There is just so much new it is like starting over from scratch (does that help the itch?).
                              This will of course be a very young team and will most likely have no clue how good they can be but nothing builds confidence than success itself. Maybe it is the drugs working on me from those wild days back int he 70's but I do not see a catastrophe this year. I am sorry that we lost some real talent but this team may be able to do quite well and score by committe and defend the same way.

Comment

In honor of Gavin Payne and Madeleine Burnett , today is 8 September 2017. There are 22 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X