Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    27 days, but who's counting? Oh that's right, you are.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      he was cut a couple hours ago
      I hope that someone picks him up.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        RPI's football team had a very successful season opener, beating William Paterson, 45-0.

In case anybody was wondering about the effect of TV timeouts, replay reviews, and that sort of thing on Division I FBS games - by the time RPI's game ended, Penn State's game vs. Akron, which started an hour earlier, still had five minutes left to play in the fourth quarter.
        45-0 and the score was far closer than the game was. Probably not an indication of how we do the rest of the season but i believe a very highly rated Hobart team (always near the top of our league) got upset in their first game.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Yes, Hobart did, indeed, get upset in their first game. They were ranked 14th going into the game, but lost to Brockport, 34-20.

Oddly, RPI's next opponent (WPI) and their last previous opponent (SUNY Maritime) both won yesterday by larger margins than RPI did. SUNY Maritime beat Maine Maritime, 59-13, while WPI blasted Anna Maria, 48-0.

Comment

What makes it a head scratcher is that Franks was the only kicker in camp. They then picked up the Browns’ kicker making AF dispensable I guess.... http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...6-64f912343c4a
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

In honor of Jake Marrello, today is 4 September 2017. There are 26 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                What makes it a head scratcher is that Franks was the only kicker in camp. They then picked up the Browns’ kicker making AF dispensable I guess.... http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...6-64f912343c4a
                I have a bit of paranoia about this one. part of me thinks they might have had some secret knowledge that the Brown kicker would be available and for that reason had no other kicker in camp to challenge Andrew. Will see how this all works out as they mention that the new kicker had slightly better numbers (field goal percentage and extra point percentage) but that is very subjective as these guys do not kick these things in a vacuum. The protection afforded them is important, the weather conditions for their kicks, even the field they get to kick mostly on and the surface they kick off of. They love to quote statistics but those stats can be made to reinforce any story you want. it remains to be seen if the Dolphins made a smart move. Their new kicker has a history of leg injury problems in a sport where even the supposedly untouchable kickers can take a few fairly violent hits. Andrew's leg is too strong and his accuracy fairly good for him to remain on the sidelines for long.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  Yes, Hobart did, indeed, get upset in their first game. They were ranked 14th going into the game, but lost to Brockport, 34-20.

Oddly, RPI's next opponent (WPI) and their last previous opponent (SUNY Maritime) both won yesterday by larger margins than RPI did. SUNY Maritime beat Maine Maritime, 59-13, while WPI blasted Anna Maria, 48-0.
                  We did look good but the as you mentioned, the quality of the opponent was questionable. We ran the ball well and had one of our best defensive games in years. But at this level, often it is all about the passing offense. Seems that in Division III, the better teams usually can stop the best running offenses but the truly good passing teams are the ones that find it far easier to move the ball down the field and to score. WPI will be a real test. Looking over our roster, we have some very large individuals suited up but the overall size of the team on average is not very big.
                  For those who viewed the game on WRI TV, did anyone have trouble getting the game to play using the Firefox browser? I just could not get it to load but it played fine in Chrome when I switched over.

Comment

I couldn't get the game to play at all.

My browser is Internet Explorer. I know nothing about Firefox or Chrome.

Comment

In honor of Jaren Burke and Whitney Renn, today is 5 September 2017. There are 25 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's not all that surprising. Critics were saying he was a mediocre kicker, and they probably felt, during the preseason, that he was getting complacent because there wasn't competition. Will he be able to kick for another team? Perhaps. However, he did get a pretty good degree that he could start using if this is the end of his football road.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          For those who viewed the game on WRI TV, did anyone have trouble getting the game to play using the Firefox browser? I just could not get it to load but it played fine in Chrome when I switched over.
                          Wouldn't know for sure, as we haven't had internet for 3 weeks. Did it seem like RPI-TV changed any sort of background applications in their presentation? Did the YouTube feed run OK?

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Saw him in one of their pre-season games. Dude kicks a 56 yarder, then makes the tackle on the ensuing kickoff, causing a fumble and a turnover. Not sure what else you can do as a kicker. Wonder if he would have been cut if he was an Alabama grad instead of RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Wouldn't know for sure, as we haven't had internet for 3 weeks. Did it seem like RPI-TV changed any sort of background applications in their presentation? Did the YouTube feed run OK?
                              YouTube feed has become even more difficult. The change over from using flash for videos has wrecked havoc on my older computers. As I mentioned, could not get RPI-TV live feed for the football game to play with Firefox no matter what I tried (disabled anything else running as any sort of ad blocker). But it did play fine using Chrome browser. My version of IE is so old that I would not even try it. Old videos stored on the site play just fine on both browsers, but the live feed only on Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                                Saw him in one of their pre-season games. Dude kicks a 56 yarder, then makes the tackle on the ensuing kickoff, causing a fumble and a turnover. Not sure what else you can do as a kicker. Wonder if he would have been cut if he was an Alabama grad instead of RPI.
                                Hard to understand the Dolphin decision but one never knows at this level. Could be a money thing. Certainly the differences in their respective statistics are not enough to make that much of a difference especially since they recorded those numbers with two entirely different teams. kicker statistics can never be looked at in a vacuum since they are so dependent on the performance of the rest of the team. You cannot kick a lot of field goals if your team does not get you in range. Looking at just one or two seasons is just not enough as games are played under all sorts of conditions. Andrew has a live leg and many of his kickofs are not returned. Suspect he is on the short list for a few teams right now as a back up if a fellow goes down.

Comment

Working...
                                X