Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      End Of The Apperthy (?)
      Winner, winner.....

Comment

Just saw an e-mail... ANOTHER hostile takeover attempt of the Student Union?!

Not one penny until she's gone.

Comment

In honor of Blake Orosz, today is 20 September 2017. There are 10 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            End Of The Apperthy (?)
            Wouldn't that have been a good offseason thread? He's old news.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Does anyone have any suggestions for the season thread title?
              If we want to followup with "impossible dream" lyrics, "Our Quest Begins"

RPI 2017-18 Season Thread (volume 1): Our Quest Begins.

That nicely sets us up for RPI 2017-18 Season Thread (volume 2): Our Quest Continues.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                His replacement with the Fish had himself quite a day yesterday.
                Just curious, why are the Dolphins (a marine mammal) referred to as "Fish"?

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Just curious, why are the Dolphins (a marine mammal) referred to as "Fish"?
                  Derogatory term - likely coined by long suffering Jet fans
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Ralph, by the way you're overdue for telling the football fans to take it on over to the pigskin thread ! DROP THE PUCK! ��
                      Want me to talk hockey? OK, I can do that.

RPI's pre-season opener is still 10 days away, but their opponents, Saint Mary's University, have already played their first pre-season game. They defeated Dalhousie, 4-0. They will play twice more, against Acadia and UPEI, before they come to Troy.

Unfortunately, other than the final score, I can't find any details about that first game on Saint Mary's website. I don't know who scored the goals, who had the assists, or who played in net for them. I have to figure, though, that the zero on Dalhousie's end of the scoreboard indicates that the Engineers may not score a whole bunch against the Huskies.

Is there actually a pigskin thread devoted to RPI? If so, I hope someone can direct me to the website where I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

RPI's pre-season opener is still 10 days away, but their opponents, Saint Mary's University, have already played their first pre-season game. They defeated Dalhousie, 4-0. They will play twice more, against Acadia and UPEI, before they come to Troy.

Unfortunately, other than the final score, I can't find any details about that first game on Saint Mary's website. I don't know who scored the goals, who had the assists, or who played in net for them. I have to figure, though, that the zero on Dalhousie's end of the scoreboard indicates that the Engineers may not score a whole bunch against the Huskies.

Is there actually a pigskin thread devoted to RPI? If so, I hope someone can direct me to the website where I can find it.
                        You probably know this, but it is typical for our Canadian preseason opponent to have had several games under their belt before we play them.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Nice work. 😜 I don't know what to expect either, but rest assured the roster will contain "well seasoned" crooked nosed 23 yr old freshmen!
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              ["Fish" is considered to be a ]Derogatory term - likely coined by long suffering Jet fans

There are probably two regulars here with something to say about that....

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                There are probably two regulars here with something to say about that....
                                I know you're referring to me, and what would I have to say about that? Your user name and the classification of dolphins are two very different points.

Comment

Working...
                                X