Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Nice work. 😜 I don't know what to expect either, but rest assured the roster will contain "well seasoned" crooked nosed 23 yr old freshmen!
    You could not be more on the button. December 1990 (i think?) we invited Western Ontario to play in the Holiday Tournament. We edged them by a goal in one of the hardest hitting tournament games i can recall. if i remember correct, Juneau had to leave the game after a severe thumb injury form a slash. After the game Jen and i were at the old Holiday Inn bar (or Rensselaer Inn or whatever it was called in those days) when the visiting team all came in. Trust me, none of them needed to be proofed or carded at the bar! Some looked almost my age at the time. And I did not see anyone with a straight nose or all their teeth. I must admit though, they were a lot of fun to drink with and Jen remarked what perfect gentlemen they all seemed to be (off the ice of course).
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Derogatory term - likely coined by long suffering Jet fans
      Close. It was coined by long suffering Patriot fans (back in the days when the Pats were habitually bad and the Dolphins were a powerhouse). It started in 1985, when the Patriots actually won a wild card berth and made it to the AFC Championship Game against the Dolphins. "Squish the Fish" became the rallying cry for that game, which the Pats won to obtain the right to be demolished by the Bears in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Back to hockey talk...
        Went to the season ticket holder party at HFH this afternoon.
        Norris Pearson opened with a few words, Dr. McElroy spoke briefly, introduced Coach Smith who said that this team was going to be an up-tempo team who will be playing hard from the opening faceoff to the final whistle. Just thanked the fans for being such long time, loyal supporters of RPI hockey, and am looking forward to seeing this team on the ice on Sept. 30th.
        The team than introduced themselves, just mentioning their name, jersey number and hometown and stayed around answering questions from the fans, I did speak with Todd Burgess. He said he is skating at full speed and should be 100% for the opener.
        Nothing new on the inprovements to HFH. Looked the same to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          You could not be more on the button. December 1990 (i think?) we invited Western Ontario to play in the Holiday Tournament. We edged them by a goal in one of the hardest hitting tournament games i can recall. if i remember correct, Juneau had to leave the game after a severe thumb injury form a slash. After the game Jen and i were at the old Holiday Inn bar (or Rensselaer Inn or whatever it was called in those days) when the visiting team all came in. Trust me, none of them needed to be proofed or carded at the bar! Some looked almost my age at the time. And I did not see anyone with a straight nose or all their teeth. I must admit though, they were a lot of fun to drink with and Jen remarked what perfect gentlemen they all seemed to be (off the ice of course).
          I believe it'Doc! Reminds me of the Maine team I saw play over at Merrimack last year. Holy cow did they look old--looked like an AHL team.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            I did speak with Todd Burgess. He said he is skating at full speed and should be 100% for the opener.
            That is quite the relief thus far, and I sincerely hope nothing egregious occurs to him for the rest of the time he is with us.

Comment

In honor of Meirs Moore and Josefine Hansen, today is 21 September 2017. There are 9 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Back to hockey talk...
                Norris Pearson opened with a few words, Dr. McElroy spoke briefly, introduced Coach Smith who said that this team was going to be an up-tempo team who will be playing hard from the opening faceoff to the final whistle. Just thanked the fans for being such long time, loyal supporters of RPI hockey, and am looking forward to seeing this team on the ice on Sept. 30th.
                The team than introduced themselves, just mentioning their name, jersey number and hometown and stayed around answering questions from the fans, I did speak with Todd Burgess. He said he is skating at full speed and should be 100% for the opener.
                Does the ECAC allow up tempo play? I thought the mantra was clutch and grab.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Does the ECAC allow up tempo play? I thought the mantra was clutch and grab.
                  You forgot the dive.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    You forgot the dive.
                    Duh!! Thank you!!
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      In honor of Meirs Moore and Josefine Hansen, today is 21 September 2017. There are 9 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                      Actually there are only 2 days until RPI's next game if you count the women. They open on Saturday vs. University of Montreal at HFH and their regular season begins on the 29th @ tOSU.

Comment

Back to hockey talk...
                        Appreciate the Burgess update - thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          Actually there are only 2 days until RPI's next game if you count the women. They open on Saturday vs. University of Montreal at HFH and their regular season begins on the 29th @ tOSU.
                          This is the men's hockey thread.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Back to hockey talk...
                            Seems to me that when TB says, “should be 100% for the opener”, 2 things I question. 1).....the Regular season opener?......2) does that mean (should be) that he’s not 100% now?
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I broke Talked with Paul Melanson last night & he got me excited for the season & when I came in from doing yard work just now the Field House had called asking if I was going to renew, had till tomorrow to do so. Soooooo......I’m in
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                I broke Talked with Paul Melanson last night & he got me excited for the season & when I came in from doing yard work just now the Field House had called asking if I was going to renew, had till tomorrow to do so. Soooooo......I’m in
                                Did you buy RPI or BU tickets?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X